Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 09:24 PM

1,122 posts, read 961,718 times

Advertisements

Remember the Turpin Family is Perris, CA? They tortured their kids- hid them. There are mentally ill people who have no business being parents. What happened to this young boy should not have happened. It's terrible. The parents were religious fanatics but I am betting they were mentally ill as well. Healthy people do not do this to their kids. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2019, 06:34 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times
I personally know two married lesbian atheists who abused and beat their children. CPS was involved for a couple of years before it finally removed them, already scarred for life, and sadly, sent them to live with a lesbian aunt who was obviously and proudly gender confused.

The point I'm making is that it isn't just the Christians. The MSM would like us to believe that.

Old 02-05-2019, 06:50 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,320,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
He wasn't murdered because he couldn't remember some verse from some book. He was murdered because he was in the presence of sick scum.
Absolutely. How horribly tragic and criminal to place him with murderers.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:25 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
It does not surprise me that it's yet another religious fundamentalist couple who adopt a child and abuse/ murder that child. These religions are very rigid and backwards in their beliefs and they also are fixated and obsessed with adopting and fostering children. Adoption is literally an obsession in Christian fundamentalist circles these days. Problem is, it's often for the wrong reasons.

WHAT adoption process? As far as I could tell, neither links mentions anything about adoption. The most likely scenario is that the siblings were removed from the parent(s) home and placed with the uncle. The uncle was their guardian. Not their parent.

Old 02-05-2019, 07:47 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,101,553 times
What a strange site that first link is;
Quote:
Christian love:
Yeah; Christ had nothing to do with it. That family had a history of child abuse/neglect that pre-dates that 7-year-olds birth. Here's a CPS report: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/cps/...ni-828-90d.pdf

Old 02-05-2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I personally know two married lesbian atheists who abused and beat their children. CPS was involved for a couple of years before it finally removed them, already scarred for life, and sadly, sent them to live with a lesbian aunt who was obviously and proudly gender confused.

The point I'm making is that it isn't just the Christians. The MSM would like us to believe that.

Right? And what about that Lesbian couple that was in the news, where they drove off a cliff with all their adopted children? The couple, where one of the kids used to go to the neighbors and ask for food because the parents wouldn't feed them? PRETTY sure that wasn't a fundamentalist couple either.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:22 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Right? And what about that Lesbian couple that was in the news, where they drove off a cliff with all their adopted children? The couple, where one of the kids used to go to the neighbors and ask for food because the parents wouldn't feed them? PRETTY sure that wasn't a fundamentalist couple either.
I never said it was ONLY fundamentalists.

Yet again, there is a reading comprehension issue going on.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:48 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil — that takes religion.

~Steven Weinberg.

How so very true. Religion poisons all.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:50 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
He wasn't murdered because he couldn't remember some verse from some book. He was murdered because he was in the presence of sick scum.
Yes. The failure to memorize was just the excuse.

Old 02-05-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
It does not surprise me that it's yet another religious fundamentalist couple who adopt a child and abuse/ murder that child. These religions are very rigid and backwards in their beliefs and they also are fixated and obsessed with adopting and fostering children. Adoption is literally an obsession in Christian fundamentalist circles these days. Problem is, it's often for the wrong reasons.

Alright. Java and I gave examples of NON Christian Fundamentalists adopting and abusing children. Give me a couple of examples of Fundamentalist Christians adopting and abusing children.

You can't use THIS story, because this is not a case of adoption, and really, you have no idea (none of us do at this point) what the religious affiliation of this family was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events