U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 04:52 AM

3,177 posts, read 1,159,762 times

Advertisements

Reuters reported just yesterday that since they started using tazers, over a thousand people have been killed by them, mostly unarmed and with a history of mental illness, Tazer killings are occurring the rate of one a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 08:16 AM

3,439 posts, read 1,790,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I would suggest there was some type of flammable substance on his clothing.

My buddy used to have this fleece type sweater that you could set on fire. Not a big fire like in the video but it would go in a wave across the whole thing if you let it. We used to set him on fire all the time, usually wait until he drank a six pack or two.
I dated (just once) a young man who would set his socks on fire for fun. The flames would lick up his socks and then putter out.

Could those taser prongs penetrate the plastic on a disposable lighter? Maybe he had a Zippo-type lighter he'd just filled. Those things leak a little after being filled.

Old 02-07-2019, 02:00 PM

2,380 posts, read 2,814,876 times
I've done the sock trick before. It just singes off all the lint and fuzz balls.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:15 PM

5,997 posts, read 10,747,984 times
Possible his clothing was washed in something like pine-sol.. The current (branded) version doesn't actually contain pine-oil, but the original stuff did, along with alcohol.. Perhaps there's a generic or similar product out there now.

Interesting that there's clearly an assault here & the police claim they were never called.. If someone is disruptive enough to deploy a taser at them, they're disruptive enough to call the police on.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:16 PM

23,695 posts, read 22,657,178 times
I see that they didn't rush over to try and extinguish the flames.

Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM

2,248 posts, read 526,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Reuters reported just yesterday that since they started using tazers, over a thousand people have been killed by them, mostly unarmed and with a history of mental illness, Tazer killings are occurring the rate of one a week.
I don't think there's a direct link. I think something else was a factor for those deaths.

Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM

1,761 posts, read 575,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
I don't think there's a direct link. I think something else was a factor for those deaths.
Amnesty International doesn't agree with your theory.

Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM

2,638 posts, read 1,696,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I would suggest there was some type of flammable substance on his clothing.

My buddy used to have this fleece type sweater that you could set on fire. Not a big fire like in the video but it would go in a wave across the whole thing if you let it. We used to set him on fire all the time, usually wait until he drank a six pack or two.
No judgement of you, sounds too good to resist!

Your friend, however, kept wearing this sweater? Now thatís plain stupido!!!

Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM

58 posts, read 5,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Don't do things to get yourself tasered.

Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM

8,059 posts, read 2,015,784 times
Im sorry to say this, but the other citizens in the area should have come to his aid when this happened!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events