U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 03-01-2019, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Sugarland
13,548 posts, read 12,297,271 times
Reputation: 16026

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The necropsy report came in showing the kitten weighed only 24 pounds and was at most 3-4 months old. This guy is a real hero wrestling and strangling a baby mountain lion a little larger than a good sized house cat. I think there's more to this story than the guy is telling everyone.
No, I believe the report said that it was 24 pounds because it had been scavenged by other animals after he killed it, but it would’ve weighed more at the time that it was alive and attacking him.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-01-2019, 09:03 AM
 
1,493 posts, read 1,894,502 times
Reputation: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
35 to 40 pounds is a guess. The normal weight would have been about 24 pounds, so basically the size of a large house cat. I think his hero status is shrinking down a bit, with the size of the cat. LOL. But still an interesting story, none the less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The necropsy report came in showing the kitten weighed only 24 pounds and was at most 3-4 months old. This guy is a real hero wrestling and strangling a baby mountain lion a little larger than a good sized house cat. I think there's more to this story than the guy is telling everyone.
Well, I know the 2020 Tokyo Olympics are adding new sports (Surfing/Kayaking/Skateboarding) to make the Olympics more "hip and with it" for the newfangled younger generations (Milennials, Gen X,Y,Z?? not sure on the letter order)

I don't know if y'all fit in those generations, but you can just forget adding "Kitty Wrasslin"...

It's bad enough they used a live Jaguar in the Rio games as a venue mascot, then shot it to death (even though it apparently was already tranquilized) when it got out of hand!!

"Keep Cats Out Of The Olympics"... Make it your new motto!!...

God I miss Jim McKay!!.....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2019, 09:03 AM
 
11,405 posts, read 4,653,980 times
Reputation: 16722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
No, I believe the report said that it was 24 pounds because it had been scavenged by other animals after he killed it, but it would’ve weighed more at the time that it was alive and attacking him.
Thank you, I didn't see that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2019, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles County
11,689 posts, read 9,718,727 times
Reputation: 31260
A 35-40lb cat is less impressive than an 80lb cat but I'd still not want to fight one.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2019, 10:06 AM
 
11,405 posts, read 4,653,980 times
Reputation: 16722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
A 35-40lb cat is less impressive than an 80lb cat but I'd still not want to fight one.
I wouldn't either but to put it in perspective a 3 month old cougar would be about the equivalent of a five year old human in it's capacity to think and fight compared to an adult of the same species.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2019, 12:07 PM
 
Location: Riding a rock floating through space
1,350 posts, read 371,208 times
Reputation: 3494
The mystery of how a man killed an "80 lb" cougar with his bare hands is solved, now if we could just get some light shed on the cops playing with the single bullet in the revolver story....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2019, 02:04 PM
 
14,331 posts, read 12,875,994 times
Reputation: 19305
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The necropsy report came in showing the kitten weighed only 24 pounds and was at most 3-4 months old. This guy is a real hero wrestling and strangling a baby mountain lion a little larger than a good sized house cat. I think there's more to this story than the guy is telling everyone.
I read that it was in the 30+ pound range, but it was found at 24 pounds due to parts of it being eaten.

I do not want to say there is more to this story, but I also wonder if he enticed it to get nearer to him, or he was approaching it causing it to lash out like that. But I am not accusing him of doing so as there is zero evidence of such, and it is not impossible for the cat to do such a thing on its own. But on the other hand, it would be strange for a cat to get into such situation, they usually will just run off unless cornered or felt cornered/threatened.

But little cats can cause havok, they are formidable, they cannot kill an adult human, but they can cause some crazy damage to them. I have seen a house cat go crazy on a person before, ripped his leg and both arms up, in the matter of seconds, looked like a damn murder scene there was so much blood.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2019, 03:13 PM
 
11,405 posts, read 4,653,980 times
Reputation: 16722
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I read that it was in the 30+ pound range, but it was found at 24 pounds due to parts of it being eaten.

I do not want to say there is more to this story, but I also wonder if he enticed it to get nearer to him, or he was approaching it causing it to lash out like that. But I am not accusing him of doing so as there is zero evidence of such, and it is not impossible for the cat to do such a thing on its own. But on the other hand, it would be strange for a cat to get into such situation, they usually will just run off unless cornered or felt cornered/threatened.

But little cats can cause havok, they are formidable, they cannot kill an adult human, but they can cause some crazy damage to them. I have seen a house cat go crazy on a person before, ripped his leg and both arms up, in the matter of seconds, looked like a damn murder scene there was so much blood.
Everything you said is true, but also keep in mind it wasn't a miniature cougar. It was still mentally and physically a young toddler. If it were an adult bob cat that size it probably would have killed him or his injuries would have been much more severe.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2019, 03:33 PM
 
14,331 posts, read 12,875,994 times
Reputation: 19305
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Everything you said is true, but also keep in mind it wasn't a miniature cougar. It was still mentally and physically a young toddler. If it were an adult bob cat that size it probably would have killed him or his injuries would have been much more severe.
Yes, this is why I have this bit of lingering issue about more to the story. The amount of stupid things I have seen and read regarding human to animal interaction, nothing surprises me, but as I said, this is not meant to be accusatory towards him and so far zero evidence of anything other than the events as described, which is totally plausible.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2019, 02:09 PM
 
16,226 posts, read 9,425,211 times
Reputation: 27211

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Ek7XrUwoA


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx73H6m7tOg
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top