U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 04:21 PM

4,609 posts, read 1,795,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
One of these days that guy is going to be in the news, when he gets eaten by one of those cats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 06:50 PM
Status: "Neeson's daughter REALLY was Taken!" (set 12 days ago)

15,947 posts, read 15,978,153 times
Actually, a Babymountainkitteh...............SMH at this murder!!!!

Old 03-04-2019, 07:58 AM

13,548 posts, read 12,297,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
One of these days that guy is going to be in the news, when he gets eaten by one of those cats.
Aww, but look how cute and cuddly it is!

Old 03-04-2019, 08:21 AM
Status: "Justice-two way street, and not just in favor of barbarians" (set 2 days ago)

14,560 posts, read 5,762,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Quote:
Aww, but look how cute and cuddly it is!
Most baby mammals will imprint on a human if that's what they meet. The problems come when the "parent" figure becomes superfluous; remember Travis the Chimp. He was warm and cuddly until he wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgS0KgT5APc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
That applies with greater force to those that try to make chimpanzees into pets; until they really go "ape."

Old 03-04-2019, 08:50 AM

13,548 posts, read 12,297,271 times
Quote:
Most baby mammals will imprint on a human if that's what they meet. The problems come when the "parent" figure becomes superfluous; remember Travis the Chimp. He was warm and cuddly until he wasn't.

I was just kidding. I have no desire to cuddle a baby mountain lion.

And wasn't Travis high on Xanax or something?

Old 03-04-2019, 09:02 AM

4,744 posts, read 1,858,660 times
People are so quick to assume it was a full-sized adult, and that the event was an epic made-for-movie drama. It makes for sensationalistic journalism and excited giddiness for the average bored American. Get the information correct before moving forward with thoughts and emotions.

It's dumb for joggers to be in that area. That's the bigger lesson to take away. Maybe the next story will be of a vanished jogger, and will truly serve as a warning for those fools.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 03-04-2019 at 10:06 AM..

Old 03-04-2019, 11:12 AM

4,609 posts, read 1,795,720 times
Quote:

Also the woman who successfully fought the State of Florida to keep her pet alligator. I actually wanted to be sympathetic to her cause, except that when doing interviews she kept cradling the alligator like a baby and kissing it. She seems totally oblivious to the danger the alligator poses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlOA0KTtxEA

Old 03-04-2019, 02:38 PM
Status: "Justice-two way street, and not just in favor of barbarians" (set 2 days ago)

14,560 posts, read 5,762,230 times
Quote:
Also the woman who successfully fought the State of Florida to keep her pet alligator. I actually wanted to be sympathetic to her cause, except that when doing interviews she kept cradling the alligator like a baby and kissing it. She seems totally oblivious to the danger the alligator poses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlOA0KTtxEA
You have to feel sorry for someone for whom "all they have is their animal. I hope I, ask a taxpayer, don't fund the moron's emergency room bills.

Old 03-04-2019, 03:24 PM

17,383 posts, read 18,888,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post
Yeah, but I bet he has very big...feet.

(More work for the technicians)
Come on think McFly think. That’s ridiculous. Big feet. He can’t have big feet. He would be kicking himself in his humongous balls if he had big feet. No my friend he would need small feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
If the cat had turned out to be 80 lbs like the article misreported I'd say yeah, but not a 35 lb cub. I'm pretty sure I could survive an attack by a cat that size, not downplaying it I'm sure it was a nightmarish experience just the same.
The only reason you would win is the cat was a baby and had no fighting experience. A 35 pounds of adult wild bobcat would tear your azz up. Humans are ill prepared to fight animals. Christ anyone can drown a puppy. Try fighting off a pit bull. People are easily torn up by animals. We have absolutely no built in weapons. We can take a lot of punishment as far as physical damage but for the most part we have no offensive weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
Wait a minute!!...

What's going on here??...

This thing started out as an 80 pound Mountain Lion and has suddenly shrunk down to 35 to 40 pounds and changed species from ML to Bobcat?? And also being described as a Kitten??

What's to follow here? Will it wind up being a stray 10 pound Himalayan cat escaped from a local shelter, or a 5 pound Himalayan kitten??
What’s going on? It’s the internet.
It’s like that hot chick you are gonna go on a date with this Friday night and she posted a pic on please.hammer.me.on.our.date.com from 15 years ago. But hey look at the bright side she’s wearing the same outfit from 15 years ago. It’s just most of her is now spilling out at the seams.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:11 AM

485 posts, read 105,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
The jogger snapped this single photo of the savage beast just before it seized him in its vice-like jaws of death!

Wow. I'd be shaking in my boots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events