Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2019, 11:47 AM

17,340 posts, read 11,268,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Of course, if he were in California he'd be looking at jail time.
You're either joking or know extremely little.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I know someone who had to spend 5000 to retain his hunting rights and to get his bow back after shooting one in self defense.
It's very difficult to shoot a mountain lion with a bow in self defense considering unless you are stalking a mountain lion, you very most likely wouldn't even know it was there.
Obviously the authorities didn't buy his story either.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:59 AM

914 posts, read 642,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Of course, if he were in California he'd be looking at jail time.
seems that way at times huh? Criminals and illegals are treated like gods while the taxpayers... not so much. But that's another thread

Old 02-09-2019, 12:10 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
A thread that was initially made to praise the strength and resolve of a human who was capable of killing an 80 pound feline with his bare hands has devolved into a criticism of California.

This has happened because California has made frighteningly stupid judgements with equally frightening regularity. This man, had this occured in California, had a non-zero possibility of jail time and, would likely would face heavy, if not crippling, civil penalties. I'm not asserting it is guaranteed, but likely.

I don't want to devolve into some sort of keyboard tough-guy shouting match, but the truth is, statistically California, has a higher than baseline average of ruling against "common sense", although I think Florida takes that dubious gold medal by a country mile.

Most important, this man, I had hoped we could all agree, is a -real- tough guy.
Please do not even attempt to lump Florida and California together, we here in Florida do not have the masses of loony bin leftist running around everywhere in all the strata of society. We have our issues, but will take those over California's social issues any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I know someone who had to spend 5000 to retain his hunting rights and to get his bow back after shooting one in self defense.
Lol, a bow? Seriously doubt it was self defense...arguably it could have been, that is why he got it back.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:17 PM

8,330 posts, read 2,960,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
It's very difficult to shoot a mountain lion with a bow in self defense considering unless you are stalking a mountain lion, you very most likely wouldn't even know it was there.
Obviously the authorities didn't buy his story either.

Unless it was stalking you. I've seen this on video where one was following a guy out in the open. A mountain lion stalking you at a relatively close distance out in the open is a relatively easy shot for most good bow hunters.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Unless it was stalking you. I've seen this on video where one was following a guy out in the open. A mountain lion stalking you at a relatively close distance out in the open is a relatively easy shot for most good bow hunters.
Good point. Usually when stalking you, they hide and you don't see them.

Old 02-09-2019, 01:34 PM

35,016 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Sadie would lash out with the bottom of her paws when attacking, like a kangaroo but softer
http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1549733164
That is a pretty scary picture. Is that animal dangerous?

Old 02-09-2019, 06:10 PM

8,330 posts, read 2,960,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Good point. Usually when stalking you, they hide and you don't see them.
Exactly right. Usually.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:50 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,554,286 times
I sincerely doubt the bow hunter killed a cougar in self defense. The guy who got shredded and choked the lion out - not the same, so no - there's no f'g way if he was in California or anywhere else would he have a problem.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:12 PM

35,016 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I sincerely doubt the bow hunter killed a cougar in self defense. The guy who got shredded and choked the lion out - not the same, so no - there's no f'g way if he was in California or anywhere else would he have a problem.
Unless typical coastal Californians were on the jury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events