U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 11:10 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,395,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I pity the poor sap that has to wake next her every morning.

Oh, God, that would be worse than going to prison for 6 months ! What an idiot she is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2019, 11:38 AM

3,441 posts, read 1,792,081 times
Indonesia doesn't play around.

I pity the guards and inmates who have to listen to that screechy voice for six months. She'd better cool her jets. If Indonesian inmates are anything like American inmates, they'll only tolerate so much of that ear-shattering shrill.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:43 AM

2,359 posts, read 1,191,342 times
Only good thing that might come out of this: she might emerge 20-30 pounds lighter.

Old 02-09-2019, 12:28 PM

1,348 posts, read 567,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I have no idea why this thread morphed into a discussion of poor behavior and the offender's nationality. As posted their are jerks from every country. And that includes this woman. Before I saw the post of her history I was totally fine with 6 months in jail for this entitled beotch. It's not the immigration officer's fault she has an expired visa and of course there is no excuse for slapping a man for simply doing his job. To Hell with this woman, I hope she is miserable during her jail sentence that was totally deserved.
Apologies Dave, it may have morphed into a discussion of other nationalities poor behaviour, because I got a little ticked when someone else said they thought that the original incident was to do with the outrageous behaviour of some alleged British tourists in New Zealand.
This alleged British family were actually ethnic Irish tinker/travellers, who are despised by everyone in U.K., and although maybe travelling on British passports, were nothing like regular British citizens, and should never be thought of as British.
They do what they like, when they like, where they like, our police seem scared to say boo to them, and our judicial system appears to worry that it will be labelled as racist if they legislate against them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-broke-in.html

Old 02-09-2019, 12:47 PM

12,194 posts, read 13,522,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yikes! Part of me does feel bad for her. 6 months is a long time.
No, excessive leniency for that creature!

Old 02-09-2019, 02:02 PM

5,703 posts, read 3,247,022 times
That's not a Brit! A Brit would deal with this with a stiff upper lip. LOL.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:29 PM

907 posts, read 442,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I pity the poor sap that has to wake next her every morning.
He picked her out.

Old Yesterday, 04:17 AM

9,863 posts, read 3,362,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
That's not a Brit! A Brit would deal with this with a stiff upper lip. LOL.
The thing is, all she had to do was contact the British Embassy in Indonesia, who would have helped her sort things out.

In terms of overstaying a visa, it is an offence and she should have applied to have her visa extended in the first place,

As for the hefty fine, the chances are if she couldn't pay it, then she would still have been allowed to leave, thereby making it difficult to enforce.

These are all things a normal person would have dine without losing their temper.

Old Yesterday, 06:24 AM

13,973 posts, read 11,097,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The thing is, all she had to do was contact the British Embassy in Indonesia, who would have helped her sort things out.

In terms of overstaying a visa, it is an offence and she should have applied to have her visa extended in the first place,

As for the hefty fine, the chances are if she couldn't pay it, then she would still have been allowed to leave, thereby making it difficult to enforce.

These are all things a normal person would have dine without losing their temper.
A 'normal person' cooperates and is polite; especially when dealing with authorities in another country. Nobody will bend over backwards to 'help' somebody that slaps them in the face!

I had a BIL that every time he was pulled over he would start screaming at the police and calling them names. Instead of one ticket; he would get three - the police would always find another problem. When I was pulled over I would cooperate and sometimes I would receive a warning and no fine. Being polite is the smart move. It might not always work; but it sure beats giving the authorities a hard time.

Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM

483 posts, read 260,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
They have unrestricted access to U.K., as Irish citizens, under the Freedom of Movement allowed by the E.U.
Its nothing to do with the EU, its the common travel agreement that's specific between the UK and Ireland only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
I have no idea if they have U.K. or Irish passports, maybe if they marry a British citizen they can claim citizenship, or any children born here automatically become British citizens.
Many "Irish" travelers are actually born and raised in the UK, some have been there for generations and are no longer eligible for Irish passports or citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or