U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM

30,010 posts, read 27,219,646 times

Advertisements

Things you shouldn’t do while visiting other countries.

This lady is really having a bad day and simply is making it worse with her actions. Not the vacation trip that I would want spending time in prison however while in a foreign country I would be a little more tolerant of what their authorities when dealing with them.

A court in Bali, Indonesia, sentenced a British tourist to six months in prison for slapping an immigration officer last year, The Jakarta Post and Sky News reported.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...id=mailsignout

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM

4,789 posts, read 2,665,833 times
Heavy duty stupid.

Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM

8,385 posts, read 5,798,034 times
Yikes! Part of me does feel bad for her. 6 months is a long time.

Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM

32,820 posts, read 9,688,065 times
OMG. Forget the slap. She deserved the 6 months just for subjecting that poor guy to her harpy-screeching rant.

Yeesh.

Old Yesterday, 10:45 PM

30,010 posts, read 27,219,646 times
Imagine sitting next to her on the flight back to England all the way from Indonesia?

Old Today, 12:08 AM

11,741 posts, read 6,988,884 times
I thought this was going to be about that crazy British family in New Zealand.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...w-Zealand.html

Old Today, 04:22 AM

9,829 posts, read 3,349,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Things you shouldn’t do while visiting other countries.

This lady is really having a bad day and simply is making it worse with her actions. Not the vacation trip that I would want spending time in prison however while in a foreign country I would be a little more tolerant of what their authorities when dealing with them.

A court in Bali, Indonesia, sentenced a British tourist to six months in prison for slapping an immigration officer last year, The Jakarta Post and Sky News reported.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...id=mailsignout

I think she had just be given a $4000 fine for overstaying her visa, and had missed her flight.

I also don't think Auj-e Taqadda represents the average Brit, and her ranting and raving like some entitled SJW is cringeworthy.

Old Today, 04:29 AM

9,829 posts, read 3,349,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post

LOL - they were gypsy travellers, and not typical Brits.

Although I am not sure if their actions warranted newspaper headlines, they tried to con a petrol station out of a can of red bull and received a parking ticket.

Old Today, 08:05 AM

1,342 posts, read 564,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post

I doubt that it was intentional, but that would be seen as an insult by most Brits.
That bunch may have been travelling on British passports, but in U.K. they’re known as “Irish tinkers” or travellers.
They’re infamous for parking their caravans, (trailers to you), on anyone’s land, private or public, leaving mountains of crap behind, including soiled diapers, and piles of human faeces when they go, and stealing anything that isn’t nailed down.
Imagine if Puerto Ricans had a bad rep, I don’t think that they have one, they seemed okay when I was in San Juan, but imagine if they did.
If a family of them got a little inebriated on a visit to Spain, would you be happy to read about that crazy American family of drunks in Spain?

Old Today, 08:36 AM

13,691 posts, read 14,737,487 times
I pity the poor sap that has to wake next her every morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or