Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 12:01 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times

Advertisements

Amazing story of one tough cat who looks quite like the original "Fluffy the Wonder Cat."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fluffy-th...rozen-to-death
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 12:10 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Lol, I started to write "you registered just for this story?" then understood you been here for a while, just the cat and you have the same name.

I am glad for the cat, but have no idea why they not just bring it in during that extreme cold. Yea, it is an outside cat, but it will not kill them just to put it inside until the brutal cold and snow blows through.

Old 02-08-2019, 12:25 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
Apparently they lost track of the cat and didn't find her right away. She certainly looks dead in the photo of her on the floor, encased in snow and ice.

It may have helped that she's a young cat. There have been cases of young children who drowned in icy water and were resuscitated.

Man kills 6 month old daughter by drowning; police resuscitate her.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...223215655.html

Child revived almost 2 hours after drowning, but how?

https://www.iflscience.com/health-an...cy-stream-how/

Old 02-08-2019, 03:31 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
The story reminded me of Stephen Kings Pet
Sematary. Glad Fluffy made it.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:16 AM

10,019 posts, read 8,632,318 times
A black and white cat they call Fluffy
Thought houses a little too stuffy
With no place to go,
got buried in snow
But survived cuz she is a toughie.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:26 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
I was furious when I saw the photo of this poor, neglected cat. Owners should be frozen to death....kitty was covered from head to toe with huge icy balls and patches, almost unrecognizable as a cat.

This was not a stray but had owners who left her out...

Old 02-08-2019, 07:35 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I was furious when I saw the photo of this poor, neglected cat. Owners should be frozen to death....kitty was covered from head to toe with huge icy balls and patches, almost unrecognizable as a cat.

My exact feelings. People are stupid and their pets pay the price.

Old 02-08-2019, 08:08 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,401 times
Quote:

My understanding from reading the article is that is was a stray, of sorts. It says the people moved into the house and there was a cat living outside and they "adopted it."

From the article:

Quote:

Fluffy reportedly had been living outside the house when new owners moved in within the last couple of years and adopted her.

It sounds like it was a barn cat of sorts, not a house cat. It's not like they "got" a cat and started leaving it outdoors. It was an outdoor cat that came with their house. Probably left there by the previous owners or a stray that the previous owners "adopted" as well.

In any case, I am glad the cat is okay. I got a laugh out of it growling at the vets when they revived it. There is gratitude for you.

Old 02-08-2019, 08:12 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
My understanding from reading the article is that is was a stray, of sorts. It says the people moved into the house and there was a cat living outside and they "adopted it."

From the article:

It sounds like it was a barn cat of sorts, not a house cat. It's not like they "got" a cat and started leaving it outdoors. It was an outdoor cat that came with their house. Probably left there by the previous owners or a stray that the previous owners "adopted" as well.

In any case, I am glad the cat is okay. I got a laugh out of it growling at the vets when they revived it. There is gratitude for you.

Oh please....they adopted it? Then it was their responsibility to get that cat OUT OF THAT WEATHER!

Old 02-08-2019, 08:17 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Oh please....they adopted it? Then it was their responsibility to get that cat OUT OF THAT WEATHER!
Exactly. The very least they could have done is provide it with some kind of outdoor shelter, even a styrofoam box with a blanket in it would have helped, or at a minimum let it stay in the garage for a few days.
No, instead they thought it had super powers and could survive outdoors in sub freezing temps without any help from them. Yet, they adopted it?
It would have been much kinder to take it to an animal shelter even if it may have been euthanized. That's better than freezing to death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events