U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 05:28 PM

75 posts, read 9,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Dang; thatís actually true. He approached women on college campuses asking for directions & sometimes he would use crutches or a sling as a prop to get them to his car.
Scary good tactic ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 11:11 PM

6,479 posts, read 1,979,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Let's put this into your little world. Each day you come home. There at your door is the same person..asking the same request. Care to donate? And each day after work all you want is to go home and not be bothered by that same person insisting you donate . After awhile it's called harassing. , solicitation ..or being a public nuisance. Yup. In your little world you are graced with contacting the police to resolve this. And remind the person to cease. I'm glad folks are more attune to their surroundings and that one person who is two watts short of a dim bulb.
That was completely incoherent.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:33 PM

3,205 posts, read 1,173,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post

For all anyone knows, she's mentally ill and doesn't even have a son.
Still. not a threat or a danger to anyone, nor herself. Campus police ca order her to leave, and if she returns, charge her with trespassing. Otherwise, she is just an eccentric person who talks to strangers.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:48 PM

6,316 posts, read 3,522,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
Maybe her son likes men.
Absolutely correct. That may not be acceptable to her. Maybe her son likes women who are unacceptable due to race, national origin, religion, height, weight, wealth, native language, field of study, job or the car they drive.

I strongly suggest it has something to do with one, or more, of the above.

Old Yesterday, 12:08 AM

5,414 posts, read 2,447,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That was completely incoherent.
Thats okay, Your watts will increase once you pass comprehension class.

So what is your opinion on this ladys antic? Care to contribute to the topic?

Old Yesterday, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Thats okay, Your watts will increase once you pass comprehension class.

So what is your opinion on this ladys antic? Care to contribute to the topic?
I'm with 378y9, especially after reading this. Watts?

Old Yesterday, 01:28 AM

21,131 posts, read 27,159,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Absolutely correct. That may not be acceptable to her. Maybe her son likes women who are unacceptable due to race, national origin, religion, height, weight, wealth, native language, field of study, job or the car they drive.

I strongly suggest it has something to do with one, or more, of the above.
Or maybe he's just a normal college student who prefers some disconnect between his social life and his mother.

Old Yesterday, 01:57 AM

1,807 posts, read 864,859 times
I remember artist Colleen Doran went through a similar situation, but hers was worse. As an attractive young woman in the comic book field she was bound to attract nutcases. One guy in particular--literally a basement dweller who had somewhat of a Norman Bates relationship with his apparently-insane mother--took to writing Ms. Doran, sending her unsolicited artwork depicting him as the hero who was to rescue her from whatever, sending goons to harass her at conventions (how he coordinated this as a basement-dwelling hermit is beyond me, as this occurred before the web). Finally he and his mother--whose description as related by Ms. Doran is vomit-inducing--showed up at a convention where Ms. Doran was doing signings and the mother approached her, telling her not to be afraid and that her son loved her with all his heart. Truly a horrifying story.

Some dudes are lost causes and they have lost cause moms as well, mentally-unbalanced women who see nothing wrong with going out into the world and assisting their son in finding a mate.

Old Yesterday, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
I remember artist Colleen Doran went through a similar situation, but hers was worse. As an attractive young woman in the comic book field she was bound to attract nutcases. One guy in particular--literally a basement dweller who had somewhat of a Norman Bates relationship with his apparently-insane mother--took to writing Ms. Doran, sending her unsolicited artwork depicting him as the hero who was to rescue her from whatever, sending goons to harass her at conventions (how he coordinated this as a basement-dwelling hermit is beyond me, as this occurred before the web). Finally he and his mother--whose description as related by Ms. Doran is vomit-inducing--showed up at a convention where Ms. Doran was doing signings and the mother approached her, telling her not to be afraid and that her son loved her with all his heart. Truly a horrifying story.

Some dudes are lost causes and they have lost cause moms as well, mentally-unbalanced women who see nothing wrong with going out into the world and assisting their son in finding a mate.
How is this story at all like the OP's link? I see nothing at all similar.

Old Yesterday, 06:52 AM

58 posts, read 9,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
How is this story at all like the OP's link? I see nothing at all similar.

Exactly. Why do so many folks jump to "nutcase" conclusions? It is simply a mother wanting her son not to be lonely, and maybe wanting to see some grandkids before she croaks. Life sometimes is very simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or