U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 06:37 PM

8,074 posts, read 5,433,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I'm not snowed by him at all. I just don't think he's suffering as much as some here think. I think he's adopted an acceptance attitude to a degree that will make the experience easier for him. I'm not the one looking for a positive aspect, but I think he has. It has nothing to do with whether I think he's scum or not, everyone is free to make their own prison experience their own, and find their own lessons in it.
It's probably much easier for Cosby to adjust to prison life because, simply put, he knows he's probably not going to be there for very long.... considering his age & health. Someone in their 20's or 30's doing a long stretch would most likely find it much harder to deal with. Not surprising that he's taking it in stride (if indeed he is).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 07:32 PM

5,442 posts, read 3,897,610 times
He can rot and die in there for all I care. He is despicable, and to think I once thought he was a wonderful, funny man! ugh!

Old 02-12-2019, 07:35 PM

21,324 posts, read 23,047,574 times
Ya know, I don't care one way or another. I don't see the purpose of this information being made public either. The man is being punished for his many crimes. He's where he should be. End of story.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:43 PM

18,772 posts, read 15,647,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
It's probably much easier for Cosby to adjust to prison life because, simply put, he knows he's probably not going to be there for very long.... considering his age & health. Someone in their 20's or 30's doing a long stretch would most likely find it much harder to deal with. Not surprising that he's taking it in stride (if indeed he is).

That's true. A younger man would be there with the knowledge he's destroyed his life before it's begun.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:51 PM

5,596 posts, read 1,526,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Ya know, I don't care one way or another. I don't see the purpose of this information being made public either. The man is being punished for his many crimes. He's where he should be. End of story.
He's in there for a minimal of 3 years, hardly punishment for a serial rapist.

Old 02-12-2019, 10:45 PM

8,289 posts, read 2,072,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Why are you snowed by him? Looking for a positive aspect?

There is none. He's scum who self centered enough to avoid admitting to his ugly crimes.
Isnt that what prison is for...to make criminals learn their lesson, and not commit crimes anymore?

On average it takes a person about 2 weeks to acclimate to a new lifestyle or living conditions.

Old 02-13-2019, 03:39 AM

4,467 posts, read 2,025,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Did you happen to click on the article. He is in a cell by himself. He has 7 cell check 7 times a day.
I believe he has plenty of contact with the other inmates & is being exposed to life “inside”; at least for the last two weeks since he was moved from the infirmary.

The infirmary is not representative of incarceration & you would have zero contact with other inmates but he’s been in general pop for two weeks now. From the OPs link:

Quote:
He does not eat in the area with other residents, he does not have a cellmate, and he does not exercise with other residents," Wyatt said last week.

The general population cells where Cosby is being held are arrayed in two stories around a central "day room," where inmates can talk, watch TV or play cards, Worden said. Like all other general population inmates, Cosby must be accounted for in his cell seven times a day.
He doesn’t have a cell mate, so when they lockdown from 2100-0500, he is alone. Morning chow is probably at 0500 but he does not eat in population, so he eats in his cell; alone. From 0530-0700 they are probably allowed in the dayroom; meaning he can leave his cell & “mingle”.

They would lockdown again at 0700 for shift change. This would also be a room check time. Out of lockdown at 0800 & he can again mingle. Chow at 1100 & he is back in cell. Stays in for 1200 lockdown & roomcheck until 1300. In at 1500 for shift change & room check. Out at 1600. He goes back in for chow at 1700, out by 1730. Back in for lockdown at 2100. Room check. The other three roomchecks would be announced at the officers discretion but would only take about 30 minutes.

Gen Pop “social” time = 11.5 hours minus work assignments. Cosby is too old to be eligible for a trustee position, so his social time = 8.5 hours.. Overnight lockdown, the yard & chow are the times when inmates are the most vulnerable & anyone of his age would likely be treated the same way.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:15 AM

5,454 posts, read 2,469,541 times
He is not a rapist. He was charged and found guilty of three counts of sexual assault.
Defined:
Rape is defined as unwanted penetration, whether that is oral, anal, or vaginal. Sexual assault refers to any unwanted sexual contact, including fondling and molestation.
They did not have enough evidence after all these years to go for the rape charge. So they went with a WIn on the 'assault" side. Yes the Courts have clear definitions of each charge.

None here personally know him so I find it strange that their is vitriol for HIM. For the act, sure that deserves vitriol.

I tend to think that Cosby doesn't need City Data's members approval or destain in order to function in prison. He is a Number now and Doing his time. His ability to adapt to prison life is his to succumb. Its not something I envy .

Old 02-13-2019, 06:15 AM

20,983 posts, read 21,146,358 times
the harassment he gets every time green jello is served up for lunch is probably an amazing experience for him as well

Old 02-13-2019, 07:02 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,713,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
He is not a rapist. He was charged and found guilty of three counts of sexual assault.
Defined:
Rape is defined as unwanted penetration, whether that is oral, anal, or vaginal. Sexual assault refers to any unwanted sexual contact, including fondling and molestation.
They did not have enough evidence after all these years to go for the rape charge. So they went with a WIn on the 'assault" side. Yes the Courts have clear definitions of each charge.

None here personally know him so I find it strange that their is vitriol for HIM. For the act, sure that deserves vitriol.

I tend to think that Cosby doesn't need City Data's members approval or destain in order to function in prison. He is a Number now and Doing his time. His ability to adapt to prison life is his to succumb. Its not something I envy .
We know the definition of rape. We don't need your input on what constitutes sexual assault. I have lost count now, but some number over 40 is the amount of women who came forward saying he molested them.

You find it strange that people show contempt for a celebrity that used his power and fame to sexually assault over 40 women? Really?

I tend to think that the people have a right to show their disdain for a scumbag like Cosby on here, in the papers, and in any other way shape or form. He doesn't need our approval? No kidding. I am sure he only needs to get along with prison guards and fellow convicts. That's his life now and entirely earned. It's not something I envy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events