Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 09:18 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,037,424 times

Advertisements

Arrested Development comes to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9rTjEG6kRI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 10:07 AM

17,182 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Right. CONVICTED rapists.

I just can’t see Bill Cosby rape someone.
I'm not the harshest of his critics, but let's be real here: He slipped "stuff" into women's drinks. Plenty of creeps do this. And he was one of them. He got caught. And admitted it. There is of course the issue of "why" anyone would repeatedly go to his place after the fact, but that's an entirely different topic. Anyone who purposely drugs another to take advantage of them needs to be punished.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:07 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Enough of him. Enough of people trying to " salvage" his legacy too.
IDK if a smokescreen created to cover his true self will be forgotten. His new legacy.

Old 02-22-2019, 01:43 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Despite the circumstances, Bill Cosby said his time in prison is an "amazing experience," his press spokesman Andrew Wyatt said in a TV interview.

Wait, really?
"Yeah, he used the term amazing experience," Wyatt said.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/12/us/bi...son/index.html
It is CNN so it will have some spin to it for sure. I would imagine they left out a ton of other stuff, to get people are excited the way they reported this. Maybe there is a better source of the actual interview.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:29 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,484,235 times
Quote:

You just can't see lovable Dr. Huxtable rape anyone.

But Cliff Huxtable doesn't exist. And you don't know Bill Cosby. You literally don't know him at all. And even that is beside the point. Rapists aren't drooling wild-eyed lunatics. They are, for the most part, people who fit into society on a daily basis. Anyone who thinks they can spot a celebrity who is a rapist is fooling themselves in a massive way.

It's interesting to see the difference between Bill Cosby and R. Kelly. The former has received vastly more sympathy than the latter will ever get. Mostly, this is due to differing public images ... that have nothing, absolutely zero, to do with how those people behave when the cameras aren't on them.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:50 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
You just can't see lovable Dr. Huxtable rape anyone.

But Cliff Huxtable doesn't exist. And you don't know Bill Cosby. You literally don't know him at all. And even that is beside the point. Rapists aren't drooling wild-eyed lunatics. They are, for the most part, people who fit into society on a daily basis. Anyone who thinks they can spot a celebrity who is a rapist is fooling themselves in a massive way.

It's interesting to see the difference between Bill Cosby and R. Kelly. The former has received vastly more sympathy than the latter will ever get. Mostly, this is due to differing public images ... that have nothing, absolutely zero, to do with how those people behave when the cameras aren't on them.
I don't think that's true. Everyone has known about R Kelley's penchant for young teens for a couple of decades. and it hasn't hurt his career in the slightest. Now it's a different atmosphere, and people had a face and name to those girls due to the documentary that led to his arrest. But no one was hostile to him all these years.

Second, R Kelly doesn't deserve any sympathy. What Cosby did was reprehensible, but at least they were grown women. R Kelly was involved with children as young as 13. They can never be compared apples to apples due to that.

Old 02-22-2019, 08:45 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,556,212 times
Gotta be kidding me, comparing a decades long American icon like Cosby to R Kelley, someone I never heard of until just now.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:19 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Yeah ... R Kelly? He was a respectable father figure on tv? I think we can quit pretending you’re not defending Cosby now, with that last bit of crap analogy. “Well TV doctors who are the head of their family have the same standard to uphold as (rap?) stars”. Is that the point? What was the point, they’re both famous black men? Unbelievable.

Can you imagine dr huxtable with a pudding pop hiding in the closet in that Trapped in the Closet video? Too funny. SNL skit material.

BTW, what do the other prisoner’s Spokes Persons have to report? Prisoners have spokes people keeping an eye on them right? Right...what an amazing experience.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:36 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:

Well, how about if you’re an aspiring actor, and you go meet him because he’s interested in your career. You say you’ll have a drink, next thing you know you wake up with a roofie hangover, naked and feeling like somebody has had sex with you, or on you, or in you...can see him as a rapist then? If it happened to you?

Old 02-23-2019, 06:50 PM

28 posts, read 17,232 times
Default So?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
Let's see...

More than sixty - 60! - women have accused Bill Cosby of sexual assault, most of them under oath. You do know that witness testimony is evidence, right?

Then there's Cosby deposition admission that he used illegally-obtained prescription drugs covertly slipped to women in order to have sex with them.

Why are you suggesting that poor, poor Bill Cosby was convicted without evidence? On what planet do you live where powerful, rich, well-connected celebrities get railroaded?
I asked 'cause I believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

Baseless accusations made on someone who's not only rich but vulnerable seems fitting for the moral-less, do-no-wrong generation of today.

The number of accusations means nothing.

You misjudge me—if this man is guilty, without a doubt, then he deserves everything he's been given.

I just prefer facts and evidence over suspicion and speculation.

All of that is obviously irrelevant now since he's in jail. He obviously admitted to something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events