Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 01:21 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,017,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
To be clear, the "issue" of peanuts, specifically, is NOT the issue. The issue goes WAY beyond that to the fact that many people feel that their individual wants should supersede the wants and rights of everyone else.

But let's stay on topic.

This is the issue, Crackerjacks and the lack of, at a AA league ball park.

Good lord, it's mostly a NON issue, because truly, how many people are going to miss the crackerjacks at a minor league ball park? Oh wait, my mistake...TWO minor league ball parks. THIS is a piddly thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 01:27 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,272,409 times
I had to give a man my 'really????' look when he asked that we get rid of all of our flowering plants because he son is allergic to bee stings. By the way, we were in the neighborhood first so he knew what our yard looked like!

Old 02-13-2019, 01:32 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,127,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It isn't a big deal, but just another indictor of our overly offended, overly sensitive, overly wussy society. Does the sight of a package that may contain a peanut put people at risk?
The question is if we are creating these food allergies because of our overreaction? From this link (https://www.todaysdietitian.com/newa...50113p12.shtml) I quote: "In fact, recent research by DuToit and colleagues indicates that an earlier introduction to peanuts may provide protection against the development of a peanut allergy." They do not say to overdose our kids with peanuts; but gradual introduction over time could help avoid problems later in life. There are other studies that suggest only about 25% of our children can outgrow peanut allergies. Perhaps it all depends on the exposure or individual?

Old 02-13-2019, 01:37 PM

17,285 posts, read 22,013,755 times
I got a sunburn at a ballpark, they should now shade every seat.............PC insanity!

Old 02-13-2019, 01:42 PM

2,208 posts, read 2,151,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Do you think anything with peanuts should be banned at ballparks (by owners) because some people are allergic to them or should peanut allergic people just not go to ballparks?
I think a business should be free to do whatever they want to do. If it means they alienate peanut eaters, its their call. Likewise if they choose to serve peanuts and they alienate nut allergy fans, so be it. I could care less. Peanuts have never been a determinant factor for me in my sports viewing choices, but if it is for you, vote with your dollars.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:58 PM

16,415 posts, read 12,492,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It isn't a big deal, but just another indictor of our overly offended, overly sensitive, overly wussy society. Does the sight of a package that may contain a peanut put people at risk?
I was thinking overly offended, over sensitive, overly wussy over a ballpark not carrying Cracker Jacks anymore.

Old 02-13-2019, 01:59 PM

19,802 posts, read 9,341,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
But let's stay on topic.

This is the issue, Crackerjacks and the lack of, at a AA league ball park.

Good lord, it's mostly a NON issue, because truly, how many people are going to miss the crackerjacks at a minor league ball park? Oh wait, my mistake...TWO minor league ball parks. THIS is a piddly thing.
But this Crackerjacks issue (and I admit that it is a piddly thing) is also a very small part of a much larger issue, and that larger issue is what is also being discussed on this thread. (Which is nothing unusual for C-D.)

Old 02-13-2019, 02:21 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,674 times
This is ridiculous. Stop the madness. Should stores stop selling egg salad and potato salad etc because some people are allergic to eggs. Can’t sell milk either as some folks are lactose intolerant. Close all restaurants as they are filled with allergic ingredients.

Old 02-13-2019, 02:35 PM

16,415 posts, read 12,492,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
This is ridiculous. Stop the madness. Should stores stop selling egg salad and potato salad etc because some people are allergic to eggs. Can’t sell milk either as some folks are lactose intolerant. Close all restaurants as they are filled with allergic ingredients.
I get the point you're trying to make, but those aren't airborne allergens. Not the same thing.

Old 02-13-2019, 02:38 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,949,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I get the point you're trying to make, but those aren't airborne allergens. Not the same thing.

I guess you've never seen a food fight in a school cafeteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events