U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 03:43 PM

5,211 posts, read 1,840,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
But this Crackerjacks issue (and I admit that it is a piddly thing) is also a very small part of a much larger issue, and that larger issue is what is also being discussed on this thread. (Which is nothing unusual for C-D.)

But the other posters are MAKING it a bigger issue than it is. Like I said, they're acting like there's some kind of amendment out there that guarantees their right to Crackerjacks.

No. There is no special amendment. And no, this lack of Crackerjacks doesn't impair their quality, or safety, or well-being, if they have to go without.

Like I said, it's a silly hill to plant their flags.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2019, 03:56 PM

8,691 posts, read 4,360,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I guess you've never seen a food fight in a school cafeteria.
I've never seen a food fight in a store.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:06 PM

2,053 posts, read 2,238,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I get the point you're trying to make, but those aren't airborne allergens. Not the same thing.
"In those who are severely allergic, reactions to peanuts can occur from ingesting just a trace amount. This can cause anxiety, especially with the parents of peanut allergic children. But did you know that touching, smelling, or inhaling airborne particles from peanuts does not cause a severe reaction."

The Peanut Institute - Allergy

Old 02-13-2019, 04:08 PM

3,466 posts, read 1,806,583 times
There's probably more peanuts in a cookie than there are in a box of crackerjacks. This is such nonsense.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:12 PM

1,231 posts, read 629,754 times
And just how will they prevent people from bringing in their own (either CJ or other snacks w/peanuts)?? Full strip searches at the entrance?

Old 02-13-2019, 04:52 PM

4,628 posts, read 2,200,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
But the other posters are MAKING it a bigger issue than it is. Like I said, they're acting like there's some kind of amendment out there that guarantees their right to Crackerjacks.

No. There is no special amendment. And no, this lack of Crackerjacks doesn't impair their quality, or safety, or well-being, if they have to go without.

Like I said, it's a silly hill to plant their flags.
What you don't get is the catering to everyone no matter how small their problem is occurring more and more and I'm sick of it. Let them take personal responsibility if they have a problem with peanuts - why should a whole stadium be denied anything because 1 or 2 people have a problem with it.

Give an inch they take a mile and this is what is happening in society today. You're condoning the lack of personal responsibility.

Maybe we have to approach this differently - what is near and dear to you that might be offensive or harmful to 1 out of a thousand people and because that person objects - you have to do without.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:53 PM

5,691 posts, read 4,344,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
There's probably more peanuts in a cookie than there are in a box of crackerjacks. This is such nonsense.
The last time I bought a box of Crackerjack I counted 7 peanuts in the box. It was a shame too because the peanuts were the only good things in there, the popcorn sucked. It was stale and stuck together.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:54 PM

6,423 posts, read 6,649,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I do feel bad for people with these allergies but what did these people do 20 - 30 yrs ago when ballparks also served hot roasted peanuts - you got bags of nuts on the airplane - you visit a bar and they'd have a dish of Spanish peanuts to eat while having your beer?

I'm sick of accommodating those that are a small minority. My kids have allergies - we never expected others to change anything they did to accommodate them.

They died. Most would have a reaction of hives and/or wheezing a few times before anaphylaxis, but not all.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:55 PM

109 posts, read 16,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Oh no way in heck. We had this situation at school and it was brought up in a meeting that we should have a table for all the allergy kids so that extra parents could monitor what they were eating.

The Parents of the "special" kids all threw a fit. No, they wanted all the foods their kids were allergic to banned from the lunchroom. That all sack lunches be gone through before the rest of the kids were allowed to eat. The allergy kids were trading food with non-allergy kids evidently.

The same school had a ton of kids brought in as refugees and since they didn't have income besides govt subsidy they were on the free lunch program. The parents immediately demanded a halal option!! They demanded their free meals prepared a certain way. They could have simply had a salad for lunch.

So, a good idea? Ya, no way gonna work though.
I love San Diego ... Thanks for ruining it for me.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:56 PM

1,231 posts, read 629,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
The last time I bought a box of Crackerjack I counted 7 peanuts in the box. It was a shame too because the peanuts were the only good things in there, the popcorn sucked. It was stale and stuck together.
LOL...I know right? I wish they'd just sell those peanuts boxed by themselves...they were the main attraction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events