U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 08:21 PM

7,380 posts, read 13,090,019 times

Advertisements

Oops!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 05:21 AM

498 posts, read 95,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Should have had a 2018 or newer Subaru Outback Touring or vehicle with similar capabilities. It has a backup camera, ultrasonic sensors and automatic emergency reverse braking. My wife has one and she'll be hard pressed to back up over someone.
Nice if you can afford it.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:19 PM

8,511 posts, read 12,891,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Did the car not have a back-up camera?

I keep telling my husband how important having a back-up camera is.

We have a 2013 Hyundai and it doesn't have one. I hate driving it for this reason you never know what is behind you when you can't see it.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:36 PM

23,894 posts, read 22,876,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
Oh... I didn't see that episode.

I feel terrible for him. I hope that he doesn't kill himself.

Maybe he'd rather die. I'm not sure how I'd be able to live after that.

Old 02-20-2019, 10:37 PM

6,299 posts, read 1,535,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post

We have a 2013 Hyundai and it doesn't have one. I hate driving it for this reason … you never know what is behind you when you can't see it.
I have never had a car with a backup camera and up to now never ran anything over that was alive. When I park in a parking space I always try to back in. When I back out of a driveway I always make sure nothing is behind me. If it means getting out of the car I do that.

Most people have this option called turning your head and there are mirrors. As well as common sense.

Perhaps this guy made a terrible mistake or perhaps it was something more sinister. Law enforcement will sort it out. It seems odd that the wife got out of the car and fell down and the husband had no idea of what happened. Time will tell.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:46 AM

1,048 posts, read 491,644 times
Poor guy. I know I would never get over it.

Old 02-21-2019, 02:14 PM

8,511 posts, read 12,891,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I have never had a car with a backup camera and up to now never ran anything over that was alive. When I park in a parking space I always try to back in. When I back out of a driveway I always make sure nothing is behind me. If it means getting out of the car I do that.

Most people have this option called turning your head and there are mirrors. As well as common sense.

Perhaps this guy made a terrible mistake or perhaps it was something more sinister. Law enforcement will sort it out. It seems odd that the wife got out of the car and fell down and the husband had no idea of what happened. Time will tell.
Yes but you can't see what's lying on the ground by just looking behind you … could be a baby or an animal that you can't see. Back-up cams show a picture of the actual ground behind you.

There was a story about 10 years ago when a small boy ran outside to go say bye to his dad who was the car and the baby ran behind the car and the dad couldn't see him and ran him over

Old 02-21-2019, 03:33 PM

14,325 posts, read 12,853,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post

We have a 2013 Hyundai and it doesn't have one. I hate driving it for this reason you never know what is behind you when you can't see it.
Even if it did, some people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Back up camera. I have no use for it.

Old 02-22-2019, 11:59 AM

7,005 posts, read 9,135,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Judging without all of the facts. I'm sure there will be an investigation

You said a mouthful. There are so many unanswered questions here.

I dispute the idea that someday there will be no accidents. All cars have seatbelts as part of their standard equipment, but we can all think of somebody who got killed by not using one.

But I can't be the only one here who immediately thought that this guy offed his wife on purpose. If she is an average-sized adult he should have looked to see where she was before he hit the gas, and if he couldn't see her he should have stuck his head out the window and looked for her. I'm sure the investigation is ongoing and more will come out. But from where I stand now...

Old 02-22-2019, 01:54 PM

6,460 posts, read 3,982,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
You said a mouthful. There are so many unanswered questions here.

I dispute the idea that someday there will be no accidents. All cars have seatbelts as part of their standard equipment, but we can all think of somebody who got killed by not using one.

But I can't be the only one here who immediately thought that this guy offed his wife on purpose. If she is an average-sized adult he should have looked to see where she was before he hit the gas, and if he couldn't see her he should have stuck his head out the window and looked for her. I'm sure the investigation is ongoing and more will come out. But from where I stand now...

The matter was referred to the local coroner. The coroner ruled it an accident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or