Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 12:02 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,962,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
School bosses around here have two way communication... All of them.
Same. They had communications 28 years ago when I started kindergarten and still do today. I can't imagine a bus driver not having any way to communicate with others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Step dad slaps boy in the face who he believed had bullied his stepdaughter.

I was hoping we'd get to see the video. ;D
I find it extremely disturbing that you enjoy watching videos of children being attacked by adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2019, 02:04 PM

5,695 posts, read 4,630,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky701 View Post
Been to both not much difference really..
No, you obviously haven't.

Old 02-19-2019, 02:34 PM

35,521 posts, read 17,797,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Same. They had communications 28 years ago when I started kindergarten and still do today. I can't imagine a bus driver not having any way to communicate with others.

I find it extremely disturbing that you enjoy watching videos of children being attacked by adults.
*rolls eyes*

I don't know I've ever seen a grown man "slap" anyone, and thought that was an odd behavior.

Interestingly, I found a GoFundMe (raised 125 of 10K for the dad's legal issues) and a facebook article, where pretty much everyone says the girl was the actual bully and everyone's afraid of her.

Now they've got another reason to fear her - her step dad is a nut and goes around slapping people.

Interesting story.

Last edited by ClaraC; 02-19-2019 at 02:51 PM..

Old 02-19-2019, 03:43 PM

22,622 posts, read 24,472,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Surprised to see support for adults punching children.

This child has issues that need to be addressed... But not by an adult punching him.

Punching a child may at times be totally legal and justified.

OK, this situation is probably outside the boundaries of being legal......but it really sounds like
the Kid is getting a taste of his own medicine.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:40 PM

28 posts, read 17,116 times
Default The hell?

Seems about right for the mentality of today's America.

I would've expected this from a millennial parent than any other generation but this is still way wrong.

In no way is right to hit a child in the manner she did. People think she's justified 'cause the kid hit her own—

—and I will repeat: Under no circumstance is it OK to hit/beat a child.

If that lady wanted to pull the kids ear, then fine. My millennial peers would disagree but at the end of the day, her real target should have been the parent of the trouble-making kid.

I'm just glad there was footage of this horrible event so that whatever results, evidence is there.

Old 02-19-2019, 05:50 PM

28 posts, read 17,116 times
Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
My son, now 39, punched a kindergarten classmate who had taken one of his personal toys, a little hot wheels car. Bloodied his nose. Showing no empathy to the thief, his teacher was aghast with my lack of interest.

I simply told her, if someone stole my car, I'd punch them in the nose too!
There's a difference between a grown adult beating someone for something that's obviously wrong and an infant doing the same for a toy.

Today, it's 'cause a toy was "stolen" from them. Tomorrow, it could be just 'cause they don't like someone.

It's a mundane and impulsive behavior that can escalate. I can only hope that you're there to teach them that violence isn't always the answer.

Last edited by That Random Guy; 02-19-2019 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: syntax

Old 02-19-2019, 06:18 PM

1,040 posts, read 868,045 times
I don't know. Maybe she should have slipped ten bucks to a strong eleven year old to give the nine year old a "talking to?"

Old 02-19-2019, 10:43 PM

35,521 posts, read 17,797,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Random Guy View Post
Seems about right for the mentality of today's America.

I would've expected this from a millennial parent than any other generation but this is still way wrong.

In no way is right to hit a child in the manner she did. People think she's justified 'cause the kid hit her own—

—and I will repeat: Under no circumstance is it OK to hit/beat a child.

If that lady wanted to pull the kids ear, then fine. My millennial peers would disagree but at the end of the day, her real target should have been the parent of the trouble-making kid.

I'm just glad there was footage of this horrible event so that whatever results, evidence is there.
Your post is very ironic.

In times past - a generation or two ago, and prior to that - adults were very free to hit children for misbehaving. It was not the least bit unexpected that an adult the child knew would strike the child for perceived misbehavior. It was also not unexpected for an adult the child DID NOT KNOW to beat him for perceived misbehavior.

This punch in the face, by the parent of a victim child against the bullying child would not even make a slight ripple 40 years ago, because it was deserved.

"Today's America" is kinder to children than America has ever been. In all previous generations, it was more likely to assault children than right now.

So honestly, I can't imagine what you're talking about "mentality of today's America"???

Old 02-20-2019, 12:33 AM

15,546 posts, read 11,962,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
In times past - a generation or two ago, and prior to that - adults were very free to hit children for misbehaving. It was not the least bit unexpected that an adult the child knew would strike the child for perceived misbehavior. It was also not unexpected for an adult the child DID NOT KNOW to beat him for perceived misbehavior.
Thankfully most people have moved on from that sort of thinking, that violence is the solution to any problem. Just because 50-60 years ago, people went around hitting stranger's children, doesn't make it right. There are other ways to deal with misbehavior, which does not include hitting a child.

I don't' even get it. A 9-year-old hits a 6-year-old and is then hit by an adult. And that is supposed to teach him that hitting is wrong? But only the 9-year-old is in the wrong for hitting someone else, not the adult?

Old 02-20-2019, 05:21 AM

4,975 posts, read 5,244,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Thankfully most people have moved on from that sort of thinking, that violence is the solution to any problem. Just because 50-60 years ago, people went around hitting stranger's children, doesn't make it right. There are other ways to deal with misbehavior, which does not include hitting a child.

I don't' even get it. A 9-year-old hits a 6-year-old and is then hit by an adult. And that is supposed to teach him that hitting is wrong? But only the 9-year-old is in the wrong for hitting someone else, not the adult?
We don't know if the kindergartner did something to provoke being hit. He's not necessarily innocent just because he is younger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events