U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 05:59 PM

1,996 posts, read 727,688 times

Advertisements

I couldn't care less about the polygamy. It's none of my business if someone wants to be part of a more-than-two marriage.

The issue of 'marrying' underage girls - coerced, at that - however, is totally unacceptable.

Frankly, I think it's totally unacceptable that anyone under 18 can get married under any circumstances. Most states have laws allowing for marriage under the age of 18 with the consent of parents and/or a judge. The minimum age should be 18, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 06:08 PM

6,578 posts, read 2,575,951 times
  • Eleven states do not require homeschooling parents to notify anyone that they are homeschooling.
  • States that require parents notify education officials frequently do not collect this data at the state level.
  • Some states track the number of homeschools rather than the number of homeschooled students.
  • States that require parents to notify the state only when they begin to homeschool may have defunct homeschools on their rolls.
  • There is some disagreement as to whether students educated at home through private “umbrella” schools or virtual charter programs are homeschooled. *The Coalition for Responsible Home Education / 501(c)3 nonprofit.
Extrememly easy to fly under the radar in MN, no one comes and does a home check, learning check, verifies what the child is doing the next year, etc. PLUS! Lots of places to hide in the woods!

Old 02-18-2019, 07:06 PM

12,536 posts, read 6,039,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
me too cause they are pedofiles plain and simple . Anybody who does not think they are pedofiles you need to look Utah . Utah is full of the compounds and I guess law enforcement just looks the other way . I would be protesting up and down and getting other people to protest with me if they had any idea to build a compound here where I live .Oh yes and let us not forget Texas they seem to love Texas too .
I don't think they love Texas. The minute they built here I was like what are you thinking? This is not Arizona. This is not Nevada. This is not Utah. Etc. This is Texas, and 'marrying' underage girls doesn't fly here.

Nancy Grace was on every day during and after the raid saying GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Old 02-18-2019, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
They probably make deals behind closed doors with the county or city leaders, agreeing to pay/donate money/taxes in return for instructing law enforcement to look the other way, as long as the criminal activity is confined to their property ONLY, they are able to keep it secret and hidden, it also provides plausible deniability for local law enforcement.
Well, or they OWN the town. And everyone is one of them and does the Prophet's bidding, not the law. Woman tries to run? They take her back home like the Taliban does to wayward women.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I remember the outrage by certain segments of our society when the authorities raided one of the compounds a few years ago. Big Government they whined.
Yes, when they raided the compound in Texas I was astonished. People yakking about freedom of religion I was like no, no, no. Freedom of religion doesn't mean you get to rape young girls. BUT not everyone knows what all they do, so I had to realize that.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
I couldn't care less about the polygamy. It's none of my business if someone wants to be part of a more-than-two marriage.

The issue of 'marrying' underage girls - coerced, at that - however, is totally unacceptable.

Frankly, I think it's totally unacceptable that anyone under 18 can get married under any circumstances. Most states have laws allowing for marriage under the age of 18 with the consent of parents and/or a judge. The minimum age should be 18, period.
They do not really marry the 2nd-73rd 'wife'. They do 'spirit marriages'. So it's RAPE when they have sex with girls under whatever the AOC is for sex in whatever state they are in.

But good luck proving that. Few will stray. Few will testify. I mean like .000000000001 %.

The raid in Texas, they were all given the chance to leave and I don't think any did. Maybe a couple. I don't remember how that raid got Warren Jeffs in prison, but GOOD. That is where he belongs.

Old 02-18-2019, 08:06 PM

9,410 posts, read 10,521,685 times
Foreigners living legally in this country can legally bring their underage wives, but Americans cannot have them. Neither the foreigners nor the FLDS people consider them underage, but apparently the First Amendment doesn't apply to Americans any longer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Creek_raid

Old 02-18-2019, 08:39 PM

21,195 posts, read 27,212,323 times
Is someone on CD really trying to make a case for forced marriages/sexual abuse involving minors being a First Amendment issue? I'm shocked.

Quote:
nor the FLDS people consider them underage
The (FLDS) children themselves might have a different view of whether they're underage.

LE showed up at the YFZ compound because a 16-year old called for help, but they probably would have shown up even if she'd been over the age of consent.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 02-18-2019 at 08:49 PM..

Old 02-18-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Foreigners living legally in this country can legally bring their underage wives, but Americans cannot have them. Neither the foreigners nor the FLDS people consider them underage, but apparently the First Amendment doesn't apply to Americans any longer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_Creek_raid
? Americans 'can have them'. Many states have NO age of consent for marriage under circumstances like parental approval or a judge's.

There are a lot of girls who have been pressured by family to marry their statutory rapist because she is pregnant.

So to bring this around to the FLDS, a first wife could be underage because she would certainly have parental consent.

If polygamy were made legal, and they desired all their wives to be legal, they could marry them at whatever age the state they are in allows for parental consent.

I'm not sure they would even bother. It's better for them to do welfare fraud and have all these 'single mothers'.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:16 PM

3,468 posts, read 1,808,726 times
Just as we have limits on our freedom of speech, we also have limits on freedom of religion. You cannot rape little girls and claim it's your religious freedom to do so. Go straight to prison, you filthy animal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or