U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:15 AM

8,264 posts, read 2,063,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Yes, it can be done. It actually happened to me once, and I've never had it happen again.

I was riding my motorcycle back in my 20's, and I was on a 1 lane road in the middle of nowhere. This road was very curvy, and the posted speed limit was 25mph. If a car went any appreciable amount over that, they'd cross the center line and come into your lane, as the curves were pretty sharp.

Sure enough, on a blind left corner, I leaned into the turn and there was a Ford truck coming the other way, too fast for conditions, and he was halfway into my lane. If I didn't move out of the way, I would have hit him head on, so I straightened the bike and ran off the road, down into a ditch, and then up the other side. I jumped off the bike and tumbled into the ditch and landed on my back while the bike kept going up the hill, until it hit a tree, and tumbled backwards and landed on top of me. The bike was still running in that moment, and the wheels were still going about 30 mph... so the chain was still moving. That part landed on my boot, and it sawed through my motorcycle boot in about 1 second and would have cut into my foot but then I had my superhuman moment and I put both my hands on the frame of the bike and threw it off me, I literally threw it about 10 ft. This was a 500lb motorcycle, and I was able to do that while flat on my back with this mass of metal on top of me.

Normally, a 500lb bike is hard enough to get back on its wheels if it has fallen over and you're pulling it upright and also able to use your legs, so that I was able to just throw it through the air was amazing to me.
Wow, thats incredible!

Maybe one day we will understand how this works, I have a sneaky feeling there is a WHOLE LOT we can do with our minds, that we do not yet know how to access or 'flip the switch', this super strength happens naturally, but only under certain conditions and its always temporary, but who knows, maybe once we understood how it works, we could turn it on and off at will!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:58 AM

1,226 posts, read 626,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
Yes, it can be done. It actually happened to me once, and I've never had it happen again.

I was riding my motorcycle back in my 20's, and I was on a 1 lane road in the middle of nowhere. This road was very curvy, and the posted speed limit was 25mph. If a car went any appreciable amount over that, they'd cross the center line and come into your lane, as the curves were pretty sharp.

Sure enough, on a blind left corner, I leaned into the turn and there was a Ford truck coming the other way, too fast for conditions, and he was halfway into my lane. If I didn't move out of the way, I would have hit him head on, so I straightened the bike and ran off the road, down into a ditch, and then up the other side. I jumped off the bike and tumbled into the ditch and landed on my back while the bike kept going up the hill, until it hit a tree, and tumbled backwards and landed on top of me. The bike was still running in that moment, and the wheels were still going about 30 mph... so the chain was still moving. That part landed on my boot, and it sawed through my motorcycle boot in about 1 second and would have cut into my foot but then I had my superhuman moment and I put both my hands on the frame of the bike and threw it off me, I literally threw it about 10 ft. This was a 500lb motorcycle, and I was able to do that while flat on my back with this mass of metal on top of me.

Normally, a 500lb bike is hard enough to get back on its wheels if it has fallen over and you're pulling it upright and also able to use your legs, so that I was able to just throw it through the air was amazing to me.
I was with you until you said you "literally threw it (a 500 pound motorcycle) about 10 ft.".....Sorry, no..you didn't. Physics would make that impossible without some kind of mechanical force behind it. You may have gotten the bike off you or out from under it by a feat of brief "superhuman" strength but the distance part is not believable.....but you might be remembering it this way based on the extreme stress of the moment. Even with brief moments of "superhuman acts", there is a limit to what can be done and while the laws of physics can be tested and possibly bent, they can't be broken.

Old Today, 01:35 PM

8,264 posts, read 2,063,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
I was with you until you said you "literally threw it (a 500 pound motorcycle) about 10 ft.".....Sorry, no..you didn't. Physics would make that impossible without some kind of mechanical force behind it. You may have gotten the bike off you or out from under it by a feat of brief "superhuman" strength but the distance part is not believable.....but you might be remembering it this way based on the extreme stress of the moment. Even with brief moments of "superhuman acts", there is a limit to what can be done and while the laws of physics can be tested and possibly bent, they can't be broken.
Well, a normal person lifting 1000lbs is not possible either, but it has happened many many times in these types of events.

Its not THAT difficult to just admit this is something we do not yet understand how it happens or how it is possible.

Old Today, 03:22 PM

75,354 posts, read 67,127,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I forgot what the scientific name for this is, but Ive read about it before, its a real thing, in cases where a life is in immediate danger, SOMETIMES a bystander will get a sudden burst of strength, and they can temporarily lift hundreds or even thousands of lbs, but only for a few seconds, just enough to save the person. they loose the super strength right after, and usually when asked about it later, they will say they had no idea how they lifted such a weight, its just a 'process' we do not yet understand.
Adrenalin rush.

Old Today, 04:40 PM

1,226 posts, read 626,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, a normal person lifting 1000lbs is not possible either, but it has happened many many times in these types of events.

Its not THAT difficult to just admit this is something we do not yet understand how it happens or how it is possible.
Lifting something and "throwing something through the air and ten feet away" is not the same thing.

More likely, with the poster regarding the motorcycle story is he lifted enough and pushed it away to get out from under it....still impressive but not the same as tossing a 500 lb bulky motorcycle 10 feet. What probably happened is he rolled or pushed himself a out from under and away from it (moving a distance in doing so) and when he got up and saw what he did it appeared to be more of a distance than it was.

BTW..if your referring to the guy who lifted the Jeep as being normal you're wrong.....he's a powerlifter who has deadlifted 800+ pounds and squatted 950. And, again..don't want to take anything away from him but he didn't lift all 4000 lbs of vehicle over his head...he lifted a portion of it (heavy no doubt and very impressive) but not all 4000 lbs.

https://brobible.com/culture/article...-suv-save-man/

Old Today, 10:55 PM

927 posts, read 251,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
The Jeep is over 4000 lbs. I'd like to see you lift half of that weight of "tin-foil and toenail clippings".
This Message Board suffers from a Humor Deficiency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or