U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 10:00 PM

17,978 posts, read 19,723,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
Dang where were these teachers when I was growing up?
Lol. All my teachers looked like battle axes. Some looked like locomotives or tractor trailers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 10:02 PM

3,876 posts, read 3,539,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriman80 View Post
She looks 20 years older

Yeah, I'm not impressed.

Old 02-25-2019, 10:14 PM

6,134 posts, read 4,582,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
Dang where were these teachers when I was growing up?
There were nun in the Catholic school I went to.

Old 02-25-2019, 11:03 PM

19 posts, read 3,623 times
She's not hot so this isn't ok.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:39 AM

1,104 posts, read 1,372,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Maybe schools should start adding a couple of lines to the job interview, "Have you seen all of the stories about teachers sleeping with their underage students? If you engage in this behavior you will be caught and arrested, made to look like a fool for the world to see, and never have gainful employment again."

Any questions?
Six years ago when I was a brand new hire for my school district, me and all of my fellow new teachers went to a two day seminar discussing all of the things new teachers needed to know. One of those things was the districts head lawyer standing in front of us and saying "If you have sex with a student, we will not protect you, you will get fired, and you will go to jail."

I'm pretty certain all new teachers hear a variation of this somewhere during their first year.

Old 02-26-2019, 04:22 AM

3,756 posts, read 1,933,136 times
Interesting that the student's gender is being kept a secret. I originally assumed it was a male, but...

And before anyone says if doesn't matter, it really does... in case she decides one day to apply for the position of Girl Scout Leader.

Regardless, she has destroyed her teaching career. All those college years wasted.

Old 02-26-2019, 04:29 AM

10,534 posts, read 21,202,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Maybe schools should start adding a couple of lines to the job interview, "Have you seen all of the stories about teachers sleeping with their underage students? If you engage in this behavior you will be caught and arrested, made to look like a fool for the world to see, and never have gainful employment again."

Any questions?
I think they should have an assembly every year to remind teachers not to do this. They should show them all the press for the previous year up until the assembly date so they see people get caught. They're really lacking brains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Six years ago when I was a brand new hire for my school district, me and all of my fellow new teachers went to a two day seminar discussing all of the things new teachers needed to know. One of those things was the districts head lawyer standing in front of us and saying "If you have sex with a student, we will not protect you, you will get fired, and you will go to jail."

I'm pretty certain all new teachers hear a variation of this somewhere during their first year.
Glad to hear they're exposed to it but I do wonder if they were absent that day. Is it really worth losing your job and having to register on Megan's Law? Stupid people

Old 02-26-2019, 04:57 AM

4,894 posts, read 7,822,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post

Regardless, she has destroyed her teaching career. All those college years wasted.
And probably the parent's money for college they provided. As a parent, I would be unbelievably ashamed of my child being one of these "teachers". I don't understand this. It seems that professionalism, self-control, and good judgement have gone out the window somewhere.

And don't tell me this has always gone on to this extant. I don't believe it. I went to school in the 1970's and 1980's. Believe me, we were no "prudes". We just tended to date other STUDENTS and the teachers did the jobs they were hired and paid to do and otherwise left us alone. That is, after all, what you're supposed to do when your hired for a job? As a teacher, you plan classes, participate on the school staff, and hopefully, TEACH something. Not sit around and try and figure out how you can get it in some kid's pants (or panties).

So disgusting.

Old 02-26-2019, 05:11 AM

3,756 posts, read 1,933,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
And probably the parent's money for college they provided. As a parent, I would be unbelievably ashamed of my child being one of these "teachers". I don't understand this. It seems that professionalism, self-control, and good judgement have gone out the window somewhere.

And don't tell me this has always gone on to this extant. I don't believe it. I went to school in the 1970's and 1980's. Believe me, we were no "prudes". We just tended to date other STUDENTS and the teachers did the jobs they were hired and paid to do and otherwise left us alone. That is, after all, what you're supposed to do when your hired for a job? As a teacher, you plan classes, participate on the school staff, and hopefully, TEACH something. Not sit around and try and figure out how you can get it in some kid's pants (or panties).

So disgusting.

Yes. People had morals back in your day and mine (50s/60s). Teacher/student relationships were unheard of.

For people to insist that schools should teach the teachers not do have relations with their students shows how screwed up society is. Morals can't be taught to an adult. They must be instilled in a child by the parents, by example, and yes, even by the church and the neighbors. As much as I dislike Hillary, I agree that it takes a village to raise a child.

When the village stops teaching, the parents stop raising, the neighbors stop caring, and the schools worry more about the children bowing their heads in prayer, society ends up with predatory teachers and students who submit to their lusts rather than their studies.

Old 02-26-2019, 07:59 AM

6,772 posts, read 1,701,328 times
Quote:
Yes. People had morals back in your day and mine (50s/60s). Teacher/student relationships were unheard of.
You are wrong. It happened in the 50s/60s and before that but for a number of reasons it was not reported on the evening news or in your local paper so for you that means it was not going on. Nothing could be further from the truth.

here are a couple examples of abuse by teachers starting in the 1950's:

https://www.philly.com/philly/news/G...ry-School.html

https://www.thecut.com/2017/10/new-r...ey-school.html

It simply was ignored or the children molested were afraid to say anything. The "morals" you brag about in the past actually made it easier for someone to molest a child and get away with it. Because people today are less concerned about what two consenting adults are doing has changed does not make an adult molesting a child acceptable. It still is illegal and is not at all acceptable.

Quote:

For people to insist that schools should teach the teachers not do have relations with their students shows how screwed up society is. Morals can't be taught to an adult.They must be instilled in a child by the parents, by example, and yes, even by the church and the neighbors. As much as I dislike Hillary, I agree that it takes a village to raise a child.
The church? Look at the endless allegations of child abuse perpetrated by those who were part of churches. If any group of people should know right and wrong on something like this it would be a priest or other clergy yet its been going on for eons and often covered up by those religious institutions.

There has always been sick people out there. That did not begin in the 1970's. What has changed since the 1960's is children and adults abused are less afraid to speak up which is really the only deterrent to these individuals. The faster they are caught and taken off the streets the safer things are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or