U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 08:06 AM

21,260 posts, read 21,760,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yep, right on cue with the teacher/student fantasy aspect.
right, never would have guessed someone would go with this angle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Six years ago when I was a brand new hire for my school district, me and all of my fellow new teachers went to a two day seminar discussing all of the things new teachers needed to know. One of those things was the districts head lawyer standing in front of us and saying "If you have sex with a student, we will not protect you, you will get fired, and you will go to jail."

I'm pretty certain all new teachers hear a variation of this somewhere during their first year.
yes, these offenders need to go to prison...women's prison
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 08:18 AM

6,356 posts, read 2,280,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
And probably the parent's money for college they provided. As a parent, I would be unbelievably ashamed of my child being one of these "teachers". I don't understand this. It seems that professionalism, self-control, and good judgement have gone out the window somewhere.

And don't tell me this has always gone on to this extant. I don't believe it. I went to school in the 1970's and 1980's. Believe me, we were no "prudes". We just tended to date other STUDENTS and the teachers did the jobs they were hired and paid to do and otherwise left us alone. That is, after all, what you're supposed to do when your hired for a job? As a teacher, you plan classes, participate on the school staff, and hopefully, TEACH something. Not sit around and try and figure out how you can get it in some kid's pants (or panties).

So disgusting.

It happens. Great that it didn't happen in your school. It's not supposed to, after all. But it happens. And it happened in the 70's, and it happened in the 80's and it happened in the 90's, etc.

Heck, the song, "Don't Stand So Close to Me" by The Police, came out in 1980, and it's EXACTLY about this topic, except a male teacher, female student.

And in the movie "Election" 1999, Reese Witherspoon plays a high school student who seduces one of the teachers.

There are other movies about this topic as well. 2006's Notes on a Scandal, about a female teacher who has an affair with her 15 yr. old student

Really...there's a few movies on the topic

Last edited by Sassybluesy; 02-26-2019 at 09:05 AM..

Old 02-26-2019, 08:35 AM

7,950 posts, read 3,107,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
Dang where were these teachers when I was growing up?
They were all over the place, but most of them were males.

I agree with the OP by the way. I've been saying for years that the young attractive fresh out of college teachers should start out teaching in the younger grades and move up to the older grades when there is more age disparity. For whatever reason our young women today seem to have a belief that they are unaccountable for any and all sexual activity they engage in regardless of circumstances, and that makes many of them unfit to teach teenage boys with their raging hormones and increasing sexual maturity.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:23 AM

3,433 posts, read 1,878,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newne View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...side-home.html

I'm sure this may be controversial to say, but should we really let anyone, male or female teach high school kids when they're barely out of HS themselves?
Yes, we should. These incidences are rare, yet every single one of them seems to get posted up on discussion boards. Why? A cheap, erotic thrill, I guess.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:27 AM

10,171 posts, read 2,602,085 times
It may seem like there are alot of these cases happening today, but I can pretty much guarantee, the vast majority of teacher/student hook ups, are NOT being discovered.

When its a male teacher and female student, I would bet anything 9 out of 10 ten times, the female student was the initiator /aggressor.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:34 AM

33,832 posts, read 41,883,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
They were all over the place, but most of them were males.

I agree with the OP by the way. I've been saying for years that the young attractive fresh out of college teachers should start out teaching in the younger grades and move up to the older grades when there is more age disparity. For whatever reason our young women today seem to have a belief that they are unaccountable for any and all sexual activity they engage in regardless of circumstances, and that makes many of them unfit to teach teenage boys with their raging hormones and increasing sexual maturity.
You then obviously know nothing about teacher training. The mindset and training of teachers for the different levels (primary, early adolescent, primary) is totally different because.......the things that have to be taught as well as the methods are completely different.

In any case, people already accuse males teaching elementary kids of being pedophiles and now you want to force them into that level.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:40 AM

1,148 posts, read 645,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Yes. People had morals back in your day and mine (50s/60s). Teacher/student relationships were unheard of.

For people to insist that schools should teach the teachers not do have relations with their students shows how screwed up society is. Morals can't be taught to an adult. They must be instilled in a child by the parents, by example, and yes, even by the church and the neighbors. As much as I dislike Hillary, I agree that it takes a village to raise a child.

When the village stops teaching, the parents stop raising, the neighbors stop caring, and the schools worry more about the children bowing their heads in prayer, society ends up with predatory teachers and students who submit to their lusts rather than their studies.
Lol, that is incredibly naive to actually believe. I guarantee you it was happening back then, but it was never brought to light. It's been happening since the dawn of time, and will continue to happen. Now, society has become less tolerant of it and technology makes it easy to spread every instance of it far and wide.

But go ahead and keep believing everything was so perfect back in your day....

Old 02-26-2019, 09:43 AM

3,777 posts, read 1,949,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You are wrong. It happened in the 50s/60s and before that but for a number of reasons it was not reported on the evening news or in your local paper so for you that means it was not going on. Nothing could be further from the truth.

here are a couple examples of abuse by teachers starting in the 1950's:

https://www.philly.com/philly/news/G...ry-School.html

https://www.thecut.com/2017/10/new-r...ey-school.html

It simply was ignored or the children molested were afraid to say anything. The "morals" you brag about in the past actually made it easier for someone to molest a child and get away with it. Because people today are less concerned about what two consenting adults are doing has changed does not make an adult molesting a child acceptable. It still is illegal and is not at all acceptable.

The church? Look at the endless allegations of child abuse perpetrated by those who were part of churches. If any group of people should know right and wrong on something like this it would be a priest or other clergy yet its been going on for eons and often covered up by those religious institutions.

There has always been sick people out there. That did not begin in the 1970's. What has changed since the 1960's is children and adults abused are less afraid to speak up which is really the only deterrent to these individuals. The faster they are caught and taken off the streets the safer things are.
You've got to be kidding me with your ridiculous rebuttal about church and people of faith. Church as a whole, along with people of faith are mostly decent, moral people. We do not molest children, nor do we believe in covering up those sick actions by the Catholic priesthood.

Just like "not all Muslims are bad", neither is the whole body of the church because of the actions of a few. Don't lump us either.

We WERE a better society many decades back.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:49 AM

2,270 posts, read 867,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
Dang where were these teachers when I was growing up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yep, right on cue with the teacher/student fantasy aspect.
High humor.

Right up there with 'pull my finger'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Yes. People had morals back in your day and mine (50s/60s). Teacher/student relationships were unheard of.
Oh, yes, that magical era wherein teacher-student diddling didn't exist. Good Lord, I didn't think anyone was this hopelessly naive.

But then, anyone who would slap the label THE DAYS OF MORALITY on the era of segregation and lynchings clearly has rather ... uh, 'interesting' ... ideas of what constitutes morality.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:02 AM

7,950 posts, read 3,107,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You then obviously know nothing about teacher training. The mindset and training of teachers for the different levels (primary, early adolescent, primary) is totally different because.......the things that have to be taught as well as the methods are completely different.

In any case, people already accuse males teaching elementary kids of being pedophiles and now you want to force them into that level.
Continuing education would get them up to speed as they advanced in grade level and they wouldn't jump from teaching third graders directly to teaching high schoolers. And it seems nowadays the problem is more women than men. The men know people won't put up with their shenanigans but the women are taught as they grow up that their sexuality and how they express it should never be questioned. An increasing number are simply not responsible enough or emotionally mature enough to handle teaching boys reaching sexual maturity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or