Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 03:35 PM

91 posts, read 31,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
My middle son is in prison because he beat the devil out of a drug dealer who was beating a dog . My son got 25 yrs for that . I think the reason he got 25 yrs in prison is because my son was competing in the ultimate fighting championship. He beat that POS drug dealer pretty good . I think our laws need to change concerning people taking care of the scum that hurts animals and little kids .Im proud of my son and I send him money and other things while he is locked up because I don't believe
my son did anything wrong . The only reason he is in prison is because we did not have the money at the time to get a high priced lawyer . Funny the drug dealer had a high priced suit for an attorney and pushed for the max my son could do . my son while out on bail gave the dog to his sister , she still has the dog and he is very happy with her .
Not that I believe your story at all, but if your son got 25 years for beating someone up, it's because he had several priors, i.e. he had victimized humans before. I wouldn't be very proud of him, or so quick to condemn others who victimize animals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 04:14 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rftw View Post
Not that I believe your story at all, but if your son got 25 years for beating someone up, it's because he had several priors, i.e. he had victimized humans before. I wouldn't be very proud of him, or so quick to condemn others who victimize animals.

You are so wrong !!! My son had no priors he got in a fight at school as a juvenile therefore that was considered a prior offense . They gave him 25 yrs because it was considered assault with a deadly weapon because he was competing in a ufc tournament so therefore his hands were considered a deadly weapon . Which in my opinion Is crap . Do you get it now ? or do you not know what ufc is ? Talk what you know . You know nothing of me or my son . My son was saving the life of an animal that was being beaten to death by a lowlife . How dare you read something into this . I think you should ask before typing and giving your opinion of something . I hope I educated you a little to the legal system thanks .

Old 03-01-2019, 04:17 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rftw View Post
Reading the news report, I have to say, this all sounds pretty fishy to me. The boyfriend was standing on the deck but claims he didn't see or hear anything until after the dog was under attack? I don't know how big this property is, but this was a fully fenced yard at 9:30 at night. What dog goes to the farthest reach of the property to eliminate? What could legitimately be the motivation for these attackers? Were they in the back of the property, lying in wait for him to let the dogs out? He claims to find the dog helpless and unable to move, but takes the time to call the girlfriend at school, apparently waits for her return home, and then "they" take the dog to the vet? If you find your girlfriend's dog that severely injured in the yard, you take it to the vet immediately. None of this makes any sense.

Wow I bet you walk around asking your friends if what they are telling you is the truth , man do you doubt everything you hear or are told . What a sad way to live . Good luck with your doubting Thomas attitude .

Old 03-01-2019, 08:16 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
You are so wrong !!! My son had no priors he got in a fight at school as a juvenile therefore that was considered a prior offense . They gave him 25 yrs because it was considered assault with a deadly weapon because he was competing in a ufc tournament so therefore his hands were considered a deadly weapon . Which in my opinion Is crap . Do you get it now ? or do you not know what ufc is ? Talk what you know . You know nothing of me or my son . My son was saving the life of an animal that was being beaten to death by a lowlife . How dare you read something into this . I think you should ask before typing and giving your opinion of something . I hope I educated you a little to the legal system thanks .
That is pretty tragic. Is there any way he could get out earlier? A case like his should have gotten publicity, there would be a lot of public sympathy.

I understand the heat of the situation, but someone with his strength and skill could easily kill someone bare handed. They have to use extreme caution and restraint if they get into fights. Giving him that warning, maybe a couple months in county and probation should have been enough.

Old 03-01-2019, 02:32 PM

91 posts, read 31,580 times
Quote:
So, your son had no priors, but he did have a prior? Interesting.

What you've shown is a complete lack of knowledge about the legal system, and you must think we share it to expect we'll believe what you're claiming.

No, I don't know anything about you or your son. I do know that no court in this country is going to give a first-time adult offender a 25-year sentence for doing what you described, deadly weapon or not. That doesn't happen. But you're welcome to prove me wrong. Tell me which state this occurred in and what the official charges were.

Old 03-01-2019, 02:39 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Lol...no... That is an urban legend that just keeps popping up, again and again.

To add: if he was a UFC competitor, then he would come up on some sort of search about his arrest and conviction, yet I see nothing nor heard of such things. This is like saying an NFL player was arrested and convicted, yet no where in the news about it. A simple search of "UFC fighter sentenced to 25 years for assault" or some variation should have come up with hits with the story you provided.

Old 03-01-2019, 02:52 PM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Lol...no... That is an urban legend that just keeps popping up, again and again.

To add: if he was a UFC competitor, then he would come up on some sort of search about his arrest and conviction, yet I see nothing nor heard of such things. This is like saying an NFL player was arrested and convicted, yet no where in the news about it. A simple search of "UFC fighter sentenced to 25 years for assault" or some variation should have come up with hits with the story you provided.
It wouldn't be googleable news unless he was a big name, that's ridiculous to call a poster a liar because you can't find news about it.

There are many people who get crazy sentences in this country.

Old 03-01-2019, 03:02 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
I had a yorkie who used to go to the back of the property to go. I hope it wasn't the boyfriend but by her facebook page the dogs looked like they loved the guy so I just can't see it but one never knows. Either way, whoever hurt this dog deserves punishment.
I'm not saying the boyfriend did it, but dogs will remain loyal and loving to their "pack leaders" no matter what... they might learn to flinch if they're used to being hit, but five minutes later they'll be licking and following their abuser. It's the nature of dogs, and why we love them so much.

Whoever did do this, I'd personally join in a public beating/stoning of them if given the chance. Scum.

Old 03-01-2019, 03:05 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The reason Florida is brought up so much, it’s because it seems like a lot of cases of crazies not just in terms of animals but other incidents seem to be happening there. Like the guy who physically assaulted the McDonald’s clerk because they didn’t have straws on the counter. It seems like lately you read the stories and you see Florida in there and you’re like oh my goodness Florida again!
There are entire websites/blogs dedicated to crazy Florida news stories, so yeah. Stuff happens in every state, sure, but they just seem to have a special brand of loons... if you ever see a headline that makes you go "WTH??" there's about a 90% chance it happened in Florida. Maybe the humidity messes with your brain?

Old 03-01-2019, 03:06 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It wouldn't be googleable news unless he was a big name, that's ridiculous to call a poster a liar because you can't find news about it.

There are many people who get crazy sentences in this country.
No, at the minimum it would be on the websites and forums specific to the UFC.

To fight in the UFC, you are already a big name in the circles, maybe not to those who do not follow, but to the community that is when you "make it" getting a UFC invite. If a UFC competitor was arrested and convicted of such a charge, especially where their "UFC competition" was a factor in the sentencing, it would be all over the subject specific sites and forums.

However, it is complete BS and the forever urban legend that someone has their hands, feet, skills, declared as a "deadly weapon", lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events