U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 01:43 PM

13,503 posts, read 18,226,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rftw View Post
Yes, I'm a new member. And that's fair enough, I can appreciate the fact that you've "known" her for some time, and are willing to take her at her word. But please understand, I didn't come to my conclusion lightly. I've never heard of a single case in US history where a first-time offender in any state was sentenced to 25 years in prison for an aggravated assault. Even if it had been committed with a deadly weapon, against a police officer, and/or with great bodily injury, that would be an extreme sentence.Well, this is what she said:

"They gave him 25 yrs because it was considered assault with a deadly weapon because he was competing in a ufc tournament so therefore his hands were considered a deadly weapon.[emphasis mine]. I'm just quoting her, and I think that's pretty clear. She's free to come back and clarify, but given what she's offered so far, I don't think she's being honest. At the very least, she's not telling the whole story.

Well im back and yes everything I have said is to a tee . Because I could not afford a decent lawyer my son ended up with a public defender and they defend NOTHING !!!! They work for the state people and some like this poster must have never been involved with law enforcement at all nor do they even care how crooked the legal system is . And the price of good legal defense is how big is your wallet . Well I did not have the money to get him a good lawyer I wish I had he would probably not have served a day in jail !!! Yes his lawyer was crappy . Also for those of you who know me know , Im not a dishonest person and I don't make up stories . The guy who beat and terrorized me had the good fortune to kill himself and also I have also mentioned on here that the detective who interviewed me while I lay in the ambulance almost bleeding to death was an arse and tried to tell me it was all my fault that my whacko BIL: beat me almost to death some of you need to get out more and study your local and state laws they would make your eyes bug out . Yes IMHO my son does deserve a medal . He is sitting in a cell and where is the drug dealer /animal abuser at ? he is free to walk the streets because his drug money paid for a high priced suit . Tell me that is justice and if you do then you are part of the problem not the solution . a lot of my sons ufc friends send him money and visit him . They feel as I do he did not do anything wrong and also I pity any of you who get caught in a situation where you are a victim of the legal system . So good luck to you and I hope and pray none of you ever see the "real legal system ".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 02:14 PM

14,250 posts, read 12,822,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
I must not be most people. While animal cruelty is awful, I'm more concerned about the human cruelty we see everyday.
You can actually be concerned with both you know.

Also, it is not uncommon, probably the norm, for a person who is cruel to animals to also be cruel to humans.

Old 03-02-2019, 03:36 PM

36 posts, read 4,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Well im back and yes everything I have said is to a tee . Because I could not afford a decent lawyer my son ended up with a public defender and they defend NOTHING !!!! They work for the state people and some like this poster must have never been involved with law enforcement at all nor do they even care how crooked the legal system is . And the price of good legal defense is how big is your wallet . Well I did not have the money to get him a good lawyer I wish I had he would probably not have served a day in jail !!! Yes his lawyer was crappy . Also for those of you who know me know , Im not a dishonest person and I don't make up stories . The guy who beat and terrorized me had the good fortune to kill himself and also I have also mentioned on here that the detective who interviewed me while I lay in the ambulance almost bleeding to death was an arse and tried to tell me it was all my fault that my whacko BIL: beat me almost to death some of you need to get out more and study your local and state laws they would make your eyes bug out . Yes IMHO my son does deserve a medal . He is sitting in a cell and where is the drug dealer /animal abuser at ? he is free to walk the streets because his drug money paid for a high priced suit . Tell me that is justice and if you do then you are part of the problem not the solution . a lot of my sons ufc friends send him money and visit him . They feel as I do he did not do anything wrong and also I pity any of you who get caught in a situation where you are a victim of the legal system . So good luck to you and I hope and pray none of you ever see the "real legal system ".
That doesn't clarify anything. You're just continuing to assert that what you said is true, and much of your post has no bearing on what we're talking about. According to your story, this supposed "drug dealer" was considered the victim. Why did he need a "high-priced suit"? Was he charged with something as well? How did his lawyer impact your son's case or his sentencing? And again, what state was this, and what were the official charges? What year? Did he plead out or go to trial? Jury or bench? Give us some details.

Old 03-02-2019, 05:02 PM

8,114 posts, read 5,462,247 times
Quote:
I must not be most people. While animal cruelty is awful, I'm more concerned about the human cruelty we see everyday.
Why should one be considered worse than the other?

Old 03-02-2019, 05:08 PM

14,252 posts, read 10,433,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Why should one be considered worse than the other?
Not to pile on, on this particular poster, but I've never understood that thinking. Pain is pain. Fear is fear. It doesn't matter who/what is being subjected to it. Maybe if some people were somehow put in "just an animal's" position and see how it feels to be there, they just might change their thinking. Maybe.

Cruelty to people or animals enrages and disgusts me.

Old 03-03-2019, 06:23 AM

13,503 posts, read 18,226,819 times
[quote=rftw;54577009]That doesn't clarify anything. You're just continuing to assert that what you said is true, and much of your post has no bearing on what we're talking about. According to your story, this supposed "drug dealer" was considered the victim. Why did he need a "high-priced suit"? Was he charged with something as well? How did his lawyer impact your son's case or his sentencing? And again, what state was this, and what were the official charges? What year? Did he plead out or go to trial? Jury or bench? Give us some details

You don't need details you are asking for things that are frankly none of your business . You are just looking to pick a fight and I wont banty words with a fool . Got it now ? Now please leave it alone . I have left as much details as im going too . so sorry I wont play into your world of calling people a liar so there will be no more of this on my part . Beside you are going off topic so that is all I have to say .

Old 03-03-2019, 12:44 PM

8,538 posts, read 2,126,797 times
Quote:
Children that get their kicks abusing small animals...eventually do the same to humans though. At some point, abusing the animals no longer gives them the same thrill, thats when they make the jump to humans.

Like I said before though, ultimately they are doing these things because they are in pain, they are suffering trauma. being destroyed in the most humane thing for them.

Old 03-03-2019, 07:01 PM

[quote=phonelady61;54580736]
Quote:
That doesn't clarify anything. You're just continuing to assert that what you said is true, and much of your post has no bearing on what we're talking about. According to your story, this supposed "drug dealer" was considered the victim. Why did he need a "high-priced suit"? Was he charged with something as well? How did his lawyer impact your son's case or his sentencing? And again, what state was this, and what were the official charges? What year? Did he plead out or go to trial? Jury or bench? Give us some details

You don't need details you are asking for things that are frankly none of your business . You are just looking to pick a fight and I wont banty words with a fool . Got it now ? Now please leave it alone . I have left as much details as im going too . so sorry I wont play into your world of calling people a liar so there will be no more of this on my part . Beside you are going off topic so that is all I have to say .
I'm not looking to pick a fight, I'm just trying to ascertain the truth. For whatever reason, you've come here and spun a tale that is obviously not true. Any thinking person can see that. Just please be honest in your future posts.

Old 03-03-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Not to pile on, on this particular poster, but I've never understood that thinking. Pain is pain. Fear is fear. It doesn't matter who/what is being subjected to it. Maybe if some people were somehow put in "just an animal's" position and see how it feels to be there, they just might change their thinking. Maybe.

Cruelty to people or animals enrages and disgusts me.
I just don't think that's true though. Do you really think a fly has the same psychological understanding/appreciation of pain and fear as humans? Or a cow?

Old 03-03-2019, 09:38 PM

14,252 posts, read 10,433,902 times
Quote:
I just don't think that's true though. Do you really think a fly has the same psychological understanding/appreciation of pain and fear as humans? Or a cow?
Well, yes. Like if a fly lands on a smoking-hot surface, he'll probably think "F***, I need to get off this smoking-hot surface and fly away." I also just assume he'd probably prefer some psychopath didn't pull his wings off his back. Just my thoughts. Could be wrong.

Survival instinct and whatever?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or