U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-26-2019, 12:00 PM
 
1,595 posts, read 648,019 times
Reputation: 2751

Advertisements

This sickens me https://www.wpbf.com/article/jupiter...r-dog/26522479. A man let his girlfriends dogs out before bed and he heard the dog yelping and found him beaten by the back fence and the sounds of people running away. Who would do this to a dog? I hope they catch whoever did this and give them a stiff sentence because if they do this to a helpless animal they would do this to a person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-26-2019, 12:05 PM
 
18,868 posts, read 15,689,758 times
Reputation: 35448
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
This sickens me https://www.wpbf.com/article/jupiter...r-dog/26522479. A man let his girlfriends dogs out before bed and he heard the dog yelping and found him beaten by the back fence and the sounds of people running away. Who would do this to a dog? I hope they catch whoever did this and give them a stiff sentence because if they do this to a helpless animal they would do this to a person.
Hopefully they had cameras. Just post the video and let them be publicly shamed, a-holes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2019, 12:11 PM
 
1,595 posts, read 648,019 times
Reputation: 2751
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Hopefully they had cameras. Just post the video and let them be publicly shamed, a-holes.
Unfortunately it is woods and some sort of path back there so probably no cameras, but, usually someone talks whether it be someone with the person or persons who did this or someone else they told or bragged to. Poor dog. Can't imagine what he went through being beaten like that. This morning I heard a report about black bears coming up to houses, and that was my first thought but then the vet apparently said it looked like he was beaten with a bat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2019, 12:31 PM
 
8,428 posts, read 2,100,871 times
Reputation: 5821
Hunt them down and destroy them...Ultimately they are doing this because THEY are in pain, THEY are suffering (or have suffered violence done to them in the past), really the best thing for them is to be destroyed.



I think its safe to say, most people would agree, using violence on these kinds of people is certainly appropriate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2019, 12:46 PM
 
18,868 posts, read 15,689,758 times
Reputation: 35448
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
Unfortunately it is woods and some sort of path back there so probably no cameras, but, usually someone talks whether it be someone with the person or persons who did this or someone else they told or bragged to. Poor dog. Can't imagine what he went through being beaten like that. This morning I heard a report about black bears coming up to houses, and that was my first thought but then the vet apparently said it looked like he was beaten with a bat.
Thatís terrible! Years ago, there was an incident in NJ where many animals were beaten with bats by teens, at a place called Popcorn Park Zoo, which is for wild animals who are disabled in some way and canít live in the wild. They broke in at night and beat/killed whatever they could get their hands on. I do remember nothing much happened to them in court. They need to start throwing the book at these sickos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2019, 12:56 PM
 
8,428 posts, read 2,100,871 times
Reputation: 5821
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That’s terrible! Years ago, there was an incident in NJ where many animals were beaten with bats by teens, at a place called Popcorn Park Zoo, which is for wild animals who are disabled in some way and can’t live in the wild. They broke in at night and beat/killed whatever they could get their hands on. I do remember nothing much happened to them in court. They need to start throwing the book at these sickos.
These kids CANNOT be rehabilitated, the courts are too lenient anyway, and plus the kids know how to 'schmooze' adults into believing they are sorry and will never do it again.


Nah, its up other citizens, to do whats in the best interest of kids like this...imo, that is destroying them/putting them down, thats really the most appropriate and humane thing to do for them, I would be OK with paralyzing them from the neck down as well, letting them live the rest of their lives like that.


Publicly shaming them or giving them a tough jail sentence is only going to enrage them even more, causing them to seek out MORE animals and eventually people, to inflict pain upon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2019, 01:32 PM
 
Location: southern kansas
8,091 posts, read 5,448,912 times
Reputation: 17563
Inflicting pain & suffering on a defenseless animal completely outweighs any redeeming qualities that that person may have IMO. Putting them down as has been suggested might be a bit much for me, but if they happen to have a fatal accident, I wouldn't lose one minute of sleep over it.

The penalties need to be much more severe than they currently are in most places. I mean years in prison, rather than months or weeks. A serious crime like torturing animals needs to be seriously punished.... for the animal's sake, and for ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2019, 03:08 PM
 
Location: California
963 posts, read 294,548 times
Reputation: 1670
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
These kids CANNOT be rehabilitated, the courts are too lenient anyway, and plus the kids know how to 'schmooze' adults into believing they are sorry and will never do it again.


Nah, its up other citizens, to do whats in the best interest of kids like this...imo, that is destroying them/putting them down, thats really the most appropriate and humane thing to do for them, I would be OK with paralyzing them from the neck down as well, letting them live the rest of their lives like that.


Publicly shaming them or giving them a tough jail sentence is only going to enrage them even more, causing them to seek out MORE animals and eventually people, to inflict pain upon.

I agree. We as a society are too lenient and accepting of heinous behavior and too much emphasis is placed on rehabilitation . There are things which anyone knows is right or wrong and they do it anyway. Some people that engage in certain activities such as torturing and killing children and animals cannot be rehabilitated whether theyíre 12 or 45. Eliminate them. They will only get worse and continue the cycle and get better at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2019, 04:02 PM
 
3,416 posts, read 2,993,497 times
Reputation: 10115
People have always done mean stuff like this. My family had a terrier mix when I was a toddler. I don't remember it. Apparently, the neighbor kids threw rocks at her over the fence. My dad took her to the vet. She died because of her injuries.

I'm not sure how you can teach people like that compassion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2019, 04:11 PM
 
17,275 posts, read 18,738,674 times
Reputation: 25155
I think the punishment should be the exactly as the crime they caused. So someone should be able to hang and beat them with a baseball bat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top