U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 09:24 PM

4,995 posts, read 8,510,252 times

Advertisements

I think this HOA has way too much time on their hands. Oh boy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 09:58 PM

2,335 posts, read 850,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Well, I can see serious controversy over that idea.
But maybe doggies would appreciate the symbolism.
I bet it would really get the neighbors talking to each other. What an ice breaker, lol. I can see it now . I didn't consider the doggie aspect. But they would probably love them. Maybe that is why they like hydrants so much now, heehee.

Last edited by mlulu23; 03-05-2019 at 10:30 PM..

Old 03-05-2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
There is absolutely no way I would pay that fine and would fight it. I doubt she will pay.

Lol can you just imagine......driving around seeing penis shaped fire hydrants....hey wait a minute
I really hope the article was a spoof, but you never know. There has to be people out there that would get offended seeing something like that even though it happened naturally.

"Granny opened the curtain to gaze out at the complex, as was her custom, and was horribly shocked to see a larger than life male member etched into the snow of the parking lot. After gathering her senses she contacted the hoa office sternly reprimanding them, and demanding that justice be swift, and the persons responsible punished severely. And this is where we pick up the story."

Add to that an hoa, and it's the perfect combo for lunacy. If this is real then I imagine they have been getting negative feedback from all over. People laughing at them, calling them dorks. The hoa, not the artist formerly known as "Kathryn", lol.

I kind of like the idea of penis shaped fire hydrants. They could get the local guys to model for them. A contest of sorts. You know, so they will look realistic. I went back to look at that photo again, and if I tried very hard I could, with great effort, see a fire hydrant. But it was more fun imagining boy parts.

Old 03-05-2019, 10:43 PM

You know, it just occurred to me that this photo is like an inkblot test. They show these blobs on paper, and you tell the nice doctor what it looks like to you. One explanation of the photo means you are an alright joe. And the other choice means you are an over sexed axe murderer. I wonder what this one means. I'm afraid to ask.

Old Yesterday, 01:49 AM

1,179 posts, read 744,360 times
Wow, all the people harping on about HOAs. Well be lucky you don't have neighbors who still have Halloween pumpkins on their doorstep in January, Christmas lights in the tree in March, or a bunch of junk sitting (abandoned exercise bike) sitting in their front yard (non-HOA home next to HOA community). If your neighborhood is mostly the same race and class then you probably have less issues with stuff like this.

Old Yesterday, 02:46 AM

18,966 posts, read 15,733,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likealady View Post
Wow, all the people harping on about HOAs. Well be lucky you don't have neighbors who still have Halloween pumpkins on their doorstep in January, Christmas lights in the tree in March, or a bunch of junk sitting (abandoned exercise bike) sitting in their front yard (non-HOA home next to HOA community). If your neighborhood is mostly the same race and class then you probably have less issues with stuff like this.
Guilty! But at least itís inside, and now itís a St. Patrickís tree, lol!
Attached Thumbnails
Woman Gets 0 Fine By HOA After Car Leaves Penis Shape In Snow-3c5ef54f-8e50-4e2e-b7a8-fae16825eb31.jpeg  

Old Yesterday, 04:16 AM

6,994 posts, read 4,426,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Lol can you just imagine......driving around seeing penis shaped fire hydrants....hey wait a minute
A fire hydrant? I could live with that. They start making them into drinking fountains, and I'm gonna call foul.

Old Yesterday, 09:42 AM

1,260 posts, read 641,341 times
Give the person who reported it some leeway...they may have been cockeyed.

Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM

4,797 posts, read 6,115,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
See, I think thatís a little messed up if you really did that. I canít imagine your neighbors, especially any elderly ones and those with kids, were thrilled to have a 6 foot penis on display.
Absolutely did just that!! So...I have 3/4 of an acre....house is far from road, on a culdesac with 3 other houses, 1 unoccupied. Only way anyone would see that was if they came in my yard. If uninvited...too bad...invited...they know me well enough to know I'm only slightly messed up and I have a sense of humor!.

Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM

33,323 posts, read 40,780,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
Give the person who reported it some leeway...they may have been cockeyed.
I see what you did there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events