U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM

3,419 posts, read 2,996,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Around here, pink is often considered an acceptable color. Of course it's more of a dusty pink than a Pepto-Bismol pink.

At any rate, my neighbor could paint his house in zebra stripes and I wouldn't care.
It's Austin so I get the guys point. I wouldn't want him near me where I currently live. Painting the shingle pink like this guy did is a bit bizarre. Upkeep on paint is hard too. I love how houses can be painted 'colors' in the southwest. I've always wanted to buy some old houses and fix them up and paint them in cute matching colors like medium blue, green,yellow, etc., and landscape so it looks like a cottage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM

8,484 posts, read 2,122,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What's wrong with a penis shape anyway?
Is there something bad about a penis? It's a part of the body.
Maybe because they are necessary in the creation of children....something else HOAs hate!

Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM

947 posts, read 516,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Complain all you want, but if you live in an HOA, your next door neighbor will not be painting his housepink. https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/pfl...omes-paint-job
That's a risk I'm willing to take, and for what it's worth, there is zero HOA in my neighborhood and all of the houses and yards look lovely.

I park my boat in my side yard for a few days at a time occasionally during the summer...tough. But, see I know not to leave it there permanently as that's tacky. I don't need an HOA association to tell me that. But neighbors who have a problem with me parking it for a night or two instead of towing it back to storage....they're free to move.

Living in an HOA is like answering to a landlord at an apartment complex.

If someone gave me a mansion in an HOA neighborhood I would immediately sell it.

HOAs are the worst, and the people who run them suck worse than pretty much anyone.

Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM

14,371 posts, read 7,855,124 times
For Pete's sake - talk about people with their minds in the gutter...and that's a mighty shallow gutter anyway! Money-grubbing busybodies, thy name is "HOA".

Old Yesterday, 11:42 AM

8,096 posts, read 5,459,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What's wrong with a penis shape anyway?
Is there something bad about a penis? It's a part of the body.
And without it's existence, we would all have a problem.

Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM

4,316 posts, read 3,139,631 times
How ridiculous.

Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM

36,091 posts, read 44,253,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wow. just when you think HOAs couldn't get more ridiculous.
Now, Iíll need to fine you $100. for posting a picture of a snow penis on C-D. Iíll DM you the address where you should send the money.

Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM

43,120 posts, read 34,541,096 times
No one is the least bit skeptical of this story?

Original link doesn't work, so I have to rely on the Daily Mail link. So first, there's that credibility issue - the Daily Mail.

The woman is supposedly from Tennessee. I don't see any mention of the city so not sure where the "Oh, it's Knoxville!" came from. Tennessee is a big state.

The woman is "known as Kathryn." What does that even mean? Is that her stage name? Her alter ego? No last name given. Maybe she's like Prince, or Sting, or someone like that. Who knew?

Sheeze!

Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM

18,912 posts, read 15,720,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Ridiculous?

Without a doubt.

My suspicion is that she's been a pain in the neck and the HOA has been itching for something to ding her with and this provided them with a thin cover.

Just a hunch. It's possible the HOA is an extreme PITA also. But would the residents continue to support it if that were really the case?
It was a neighbor who complained. I think theyíre required to follow up. After a few emails back-and-forth the HOA apologized and dropped it. Sounds like they were embarrassed by the whole thing but they had to follow up. It is ridiculous.

Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM

18,912 posts, read 15,720,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
That's a risk I'm willing to take, and for what it's worth, there is zero HOA in my neighborhood and all of the houses and yards look lovely.

I park my boat in my side yard for a few days at a time occasionally during the summer...tough. But, see I know not to leave it there permanently as that's tacky. I don't need an HOA association to tell me that. But neighbors who have a problem with me parking it for a night or two instead of towing it back to storage....they're free to move.

Living in an HOA is like answering to a landlord at an apartment complex.

If someone gave me a mansion in an HOA neighborhood I would immediately sell it.

HOAs are the worst, and the people who run them suck worse than pretty much anyone.
I feel the same way, but some people like structure and rules. My own neighborhood there is no H O Way, which I am glad of. But one of the reasons I am glad we donít have one is because we inherited the whole of a 30 foot boat that sits in our yard until we can afford to get it towed away. But it doesnít matter, because we pretty much fit right in in the neighborhood which is scattered with abandon boats and cars in the yards. We donít mind, because weíre pretty laid-back and we like it laid-back, but thereís a lot of people who would be bothered by that and in truth it does bring down house values. So while Iím glad we donít have an HOA, this is often what happens when there isnít one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events