Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 03:36 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
https://wwjnewsradio.radio.com/artic...nis-shape-snow

I can get the original link to work. I don't know anything about this news source.
The first link works for me too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2019, 03:37 PM

6,406 posts, read 4,901,771 times
Looks more like a hydrant

Old 03-03-2019, 05:30 PM

9,405 posts, read 11,153,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
The resident who saw a penis shape in that should be kicked out of the subdivision. There's something wrong going on in their brains.
They should get a psych evaluation and then be forced to draw 100 fire hydrants on the blackboard before they go out for recess.

Old 03-03-2019, 05:31 PM

6,452 posts, read 3,971,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
My ex and I bought a condo at the shore that was largely retirees, and it was exactly how you describe. They bickered about what color the new roof should be for weeks, and whenever we needed work done they wanted the cheapest bidder regardless of reputation. I always felt sorry for any workmen who came to do work in common areas. The poor guy would be encircled by a group of old men telling him he’s not doing it correctly, you’re using the wrong wire, etc etc.
My mom lived in senior apartments. Ugh, the amount of gossip and backbiting and two-facedness. Now I know why these places schedule activities: it's not just to keep people amused and social, but also to give them a hobby besides being nosy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
LOL! Touche'. Apartments still angered me.....my last townhouse was 80 degrees upstairs so we put a window unit in. Office harassed us for weeks but I refused to take it down. Once they tried to fine me it got nasty.

And yes, I'll die before I take orders from some bosshog, bored, husband-never-touches-her housewife. Or anyone in charge of an HOA. Or anyone in an HOA.
Luckily I've never had those kinds of issues. For the most part I've not come across apartment building rules I think are stupid (I'm not that fond of the "if your floors are wood you have to have rugs" rules that some places have-- I mean, if I wanted carpet I wouldn't have chosen an apartment with wood floors and wouldn't want to have to shell out a good amount of money on rugs I didn't even want-- but I also get it since my upstairs neighbors like to trip-trap around with hard-soled shoes and drop things on the floor... but if people are considerate, I can deal with normal walking/movement noises, just don't need people sounding like they're wearing tap shoes inside, are running a herd of elephants up the stairs, or dropping marbles on the floor).

Seems there was once a place I viewed that had some sort of idiotic rule-- I wish I could remember it now-- that may have been part of the reason I decided not to move in there...

Old 03-03-2019, 06:02 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,576,131 times
What kind of car causes this sort of shape? Asking for a friend.

Old 03-03-2019, 06:33 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,206,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What's wrong with a penis shape anyway?
Is there something bad about a penis? It's a part of the body.
In another thread here, it is called a "genital man" when drawn in a school book.

Old 03-03-2019, 11:17 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,585,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Boy. You kind of have to try hard to see a penis shape on the street.
I'm wondering if there are people on the HOA board who have never actually seen one of those?

Old 03-04-2019, 12:23 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,667,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I'm wondering if there are people on the HOA board who have never actually seen one of those?
Best comment I've seen in weeks.

Old 03-04-2019, 01:58 AM

7,644 posts, read 4,593,440 times
5 pages in and it hasn't been brought up....but why didn't the concerned person simply grab a shovel and move some of the snow to make it a not penis if there was so much concern. Sure seems to be less work than writing up a fine letter.

Old 03-04-2019, 04:37 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,169,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
What kind of car causes this sort of shape? Asking for a friend.
Have no idea; but it must be able to take off like a helicopter? It sure did not drive out of that parking spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events