U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM

20,474 posts, read 13,439,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
No one is the least bit skeptical of this story?

Original link doesn't work, so I have to rely on the Daily Mail link. So first, there's that credibility issue - the Daily Mail.

The woman is supposedly from Tennessee. I don't see any mention of the city so not sure where the "Oh, it's Knoxville!" came from. Tennessee is a big state.

The woman is "known as Kathryn." What does that even mean? Is that her stage name? Her alter ego? No last name given. Maybe she's like Prince, or Sting, or someone like that. Who knew?

Sheeze!
I had the same thoughts, and the pic looked fake to me too.

But once the story is out there it will never die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM

18,958 posts, read 15,733,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I hope she stays firm on her decision to not pay.

The HOA dropped it and apologized to her the same day. I still don't get why everyone thinks the HOA is the problem vs the neighbor who insisted she be cited.

Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM

3,435 posts, read 673,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The HOA dropped it and apologized to her the same day. I still don't get why everyone thinks the HOA is the problem vs the neighbor who insisted she be cited.
You don't think that someone the complaint was made to and decided to issue the fine was a few brain cells short of a deck to do so???

Really?

Old Yesterday, 10:41 AM

33,320 posts, read 40,780,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You don't think that someone the complaint was made to and decided to issue the fine was a few brain cells short of a deck to do so???

Really?
If the notice was sent out by the manager he may not have had a choice. The HOA boards I used to deal with insisted the manager issue the violation notice upon receipt of the complaint and the Board could later vacate it. Puts the manager/management company in an impossible situation.

Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

Really?

I think they were in a tough spot. These people are largely volunteers, remember, in a truly thankless job. The lady complained, they felt they had to follow up. That lady (or man) who complained is probably always complaining and they just want her to go away. Again 2 e-mails with homeowner later, they apologized and dropped it. Not a big deal. Except she still has to live with complaining neighbor who is probably peeking out her curtain for something to report right this second.

Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM

15,422 posts, read 24,399,215 times
and to think, people will actually pay to live with an HOA that will dictate to you.
sure, let me spend 500k on a house, and you can tell me what I can plant.

really???????????????

Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM

952 posts, read 518,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think they were in a tough spot. These people are largely volunteers, remember, in a truly thankless job. The lady complained, they felt they had to follow up. That lady (or man) who complained is probably always complaining and they just want her to go away. Again 2 e-mails with homeowner later, they apologized and dropped it. Not a big deal. Except she still has to live with complaining neighbor who is probably peeking out her curtain for something to report right this second.
That's a joke, right? People are born and bred to live breathe and die to boss people around and be petty by being part of HOAs. That's their goal in life is to make people miserable and enforce bs "rules".

Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
That's a joke, right? People are born and bred to live breathe and die to boss people around and be petty by being part of HOAs. That's their goal in life is to make people miserable and enforce bs "rules".

I don't think so. My ex was roped into being on the condo board where we bought a vacation condo, and it was horrible. He was constantly harrassed by residents about every little thing. It got to where coming down wasn't even a vacation for him, he was miserable, couldn't even walk across the lot without someone demanding to know when something was going to be done, why something cost so much, or what they're going to do about so and so.

Again, this neighbor to me is the problem. Neighbor demands HOA do something, so they send letter. Homeowner balks, writes back that it's bogus, 2 e-mails later HOA apologizes and rescinds letter. Doesn't sound like power hungry people trying to make her life miserable. Sounds like HOA put in awkward situation by awful busybody neighbor, and they do their best to deal with it but make a wrong decision, and then apologize to homeowner for having made that decision.

Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM

17,320 posts, read 18,801,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Boy. You kind of have to try hard to see a penis shape on the street.
As a owner of a penis ( albeit nothing quite as large as what’s in the parking lot) I can actually see a penis shape. Maybe the Green Giant was doing knee bends in the parking lot. King Kong came to visit

Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM

2,329 posts, read 848,456 times
Yet another reason not to live anywhere with an HOA. If it offended the busybody that much she could have gone out with a broom, and blurred the edges. But then she would have to look for something else to whine about. I guess we all know what her mind was fixated on, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events