Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 03:54 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,569,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What's wrong with a penis shape anyway?
Is there something bad about a penis? It's a part of the body.
It looked friendly to me as it was only standing up, and waving hello .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 03:59 PM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Yet another reason not to live anywhere with an HOA. If it offended the busybody that much she could have gone out with a broom, and blurred the edges. But then she would have to look for something else to whine about. I guess we all know what her mind was fixated on, lol.
You guys keep hacking on HOAs, and I don't live in one nor would I, but this behavior is everywhere.

Why do you think states and counties have had to adopt Right to Farm legislation. One recent one here was someone complaining about her neighbor doing a targeted cut for lumber on his managed wood lot. She didn't think it should be allowed.

Ones I've dealt with have included complaints about ducks on the beach, watermen pulling their crab pots, ugly work boats on the Bay, people having too many cars (I was one, six drivers, six cars), people having too big of gravel in their driveway, people having too small of gravel in their driveway, people having too many shrubs in their yard. You name it and some "concerned citizen" will file a complaint.

Old 03-05-2019, 04:30 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
I have never liked HOA. My parents have one & i never have & never will.

Old 03-05-2019, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Now, I’ll need to fine you $100. for posting a picture of a snow penis on C-D. I’ll DM you the address where you should send the money.
Haha, a snow peniis. I thought that when it is cold outside they shrank.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
They should get a psych evaluation and then be forced to draw 100 fire hydrants on the blackboard before they go out for recess.
Is that a fire hydrant, or are you just glad to see me?

Old 03-05-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
And THIS is why I don't live in a home where there's an HOA! I would surely have gotten a citation or nasty letter if someone had seen my 6ft snow penis I made in my yard! It was too hard to make a snow man, so I did the best part of one!
I'll be sure not to make fun of Frosty anymore. That dude is a real stud muffin, lol.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:31 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,895,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You guys keep hacking on HOAs, and I don't live in one nor would I, but this behavior is everywhere.

Why do you think states and counties have had to adopt Right to Farm legislation. One recent one here was someone complaining about her neighbor doing a targeted cut for lumber on his managed wood lot. She didn't think it should be allowed.

Ones I've dealt with have included complaints about ducks on the beach, watermen pulling their crab pots, ugly work boats on the Bay, people having too many cars (I was one, six drivers, six cars), people having too big of gravel in their driveway, people having too small of gravel in their driveway, people having too many shrubs in their yard. You name it and some "concerned citizen" will file a complaint.
HOAs are the same as a landlord telling you what you can and cannot do--why a homeowner would want that is beyond me. They remind me of petty dictatorships with their rules about cars in the driveway and 'approved plantings'.

My sister made the mistake of buying a townhouse in an HOA community and quickly ran afoul of them by planting the wrong color roses along the front of her house. Apparently red roses are NOT on the approved planting list there.

That's insane that gravel can be the wrong size! Do they measure it or something with a ruler, lol? The ducks on the beach is hilarious; can't do much about that since ducks seem to cluster around water everywhere I've ever lived. Perhaps a "No Ducks Allowed" sign on the beach would have appeased them?

They would lose their minds here because there are quite a few boats in the driveway in summertime.

You certainly have a lot more patience than I do in listening to the petty stuff these people are whining about.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
As a owner of a penis ( albeit nothing quite as large as what’s in the parking lot) I can actually see a penis shape. Maybe the Green Giant was doing knee bends in the parking lot. King Kong came to visit
I'm with you on this, except for owning one, lol. It immediately registered that yes, this looks like a very happy penis to me. One with the head at the top end, and the nuts at the bottom. I've yet to see a fire hydrant shaped like that. Maybe the fire department should consider making them that way.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:07 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,366,101 times
Quote:
I'm with you on this, except for owning one, lol. It immediately registered that yes, this looks like a very happy penis to me. One with the head at the top end, and the nuts at the bottom. I've yet to see a fire hydrant shaped like that. Maybe the fire department should consider making them that way.
Well, I can see serious controversy over that idea.
But maybe doggies would appreciate the symbolism.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:28 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,519,030 times
Quote:
Yet another reason not to live anywhere with an HOA. If it offended the busybody that much she could have gone out with a broom, and blurred the edges. But then she would have to look for something else to whine about. I guess we all know what her mind was fixated on, lol.
There is absolutely no way I would pay that fine and would fight it. I doubt she will pay.

Quote:
Lol can you just imagine......driving around seeing penis shaped fire hydrants....hey wait a minute
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events