U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2019, 09:23 PM

8,595 posts, read 5,354,064 times

Advertisements

Really... They drug test card players!

I'm sure it's a safety issue, he may 'club' someone, then use a 'spade' to get rid of the body. I'm sure it takes 'heart' to attempt this deception and the payout for winners could be many many 'diamonds.'

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sports/new...D=ansmsnnews11
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 09:33 PM

14,250 posts, read 12,828,786 times
Dude looks like a sack of potatoes, not sure his intent with his doping.

Old 03-02-2019, 02:25 AM

3,409 posts, read 1,248,175 times
Two of the stated goals of the World Bridge Federation are:

• to fight against doping in sport and to take measures, the goal of which is to prevent endangering the health of bridge players.

Old 03-02-2019, 01:00 PM

8,542 posts, read 2,131,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Two of the stated goals of the World Bridge Federation are:

• to fight against doping in sport and to take measures, the goal of which is to prevent endangering the health of bridge players.
I believe that only applies to sport where drugs could effect physical performance though, like steroids, growth hormones, that gives them an unfair physical advantage on the guy who does not use them. Drug use by card players would not benefit or negatively effect anyone, in other words, there is no benefit or gain.

Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,773,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Dude looks like a sack of potatoes, not sure his intent with his doping.
I read that the substances taken were commonly used to treat low Testosterone. Which is kind of sad that someone can be punished for a non-performance enhancing drug.

I can see drugs like Ritalin or Adderall being banned, but why ban drugs that may be used legitimately to treat unrelated issues? It's like banning a sprinter for taking acne medicine.

Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM

14,250 posts, read 12,828,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
I read that the substances taken were commonly used to treat low Testosterone. Which is kind of sad that someone can be punished for a non-performance enhancing drug.

I can see drugs like Ritalin or Adderall being banned, but why ban drugs that may be used legitimately to treat unrelated issues? It's like banning a sprinter for taking acne medicine.
If it is for a medical issue, then he would have had a doctor's permission and prescription, and that is acceptable under the rules.

However, I have never heard of Clomifene being part of treatment for low testosterone, but it is used to counter the effects of steroids, and is a widely known substance for those who dope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or