U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 05:09 PM

1,295 posts, read 649,510 times

Advertisements

And winds up getting knocked out....the other woman refused to help police out with the guy's identity.

Story:

https://fox5sandiego.com/2019/03/07/...slamp-quarter/

Vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7tag1yEoC8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 05:18 PM
Status: "The stupidity of commercials is mind-boggling." (set 13 days ago)

3,213 posts, read 3,799,433 times
He wasn't physically abusing the woman he was arguing with, so the victim should have stayed out of it. There is more to the story, and I have my own ideas about it. Fiance', uh-huh........

Old 03-07-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
He wasn't physically abusing the woman he was arguing with, so the victim should have stayed out of it. There is more to the story, and I have my own ideas about it. Fiance', uh-huh........
I agree with you.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:17 PM

8,773 posts, read 3,401,234 times
It seems kind of clear to me that there was a whole group of people who were outraged by the way this guy treated this woman. Finally, in the video, the woman approached the man and told him the cops were called, and he punched her in the face twice.

I'm not sure I would have approached that man - who honestly appears to be a pimp - in such an assertive manner.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:42 PM

4,806 posts, read 7,351,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Yeah, she should have stayed out of it but a large man punching a women twice (with brass knuckles?!) who wasn’t physically attacking him is more than a little out of order.

I don’t give women a free ride when physically assaulting someone and not expecting that other person regardless of their gender to restrain that woman physically to stop her assault if unable to easily retreat. That was not the case here. It was shocking to me and I hope that dude gets put in jail for a long time for that vicious assault.

Old 03-08-2019, 01:45 AM

3,548 posts, read 1,283,556 times
"The Gaslamp Quarter" does not sound like the kind of place one goes after dark expecting common civility., or being surprised if it is not forthcoming.

Old 03-08-2019, 08:40 AM

5,412 posts, read 1,911,061 times
The Gaslamp Quarter is no more shady than any other part of San Diego. It's a busy and popular area.

Old 03-08-2019, 08:42 AM

7,615 posts, read 4,933,155 times
I like the guy yelling "' hey, hey!"" like that is suppose to do something. Lady needed to keep her distance and not engage the man. She called the cops, has his picture now go to a safe place and wait for the cops.

You approach a stranger then you need to realize that the strangér's reaction is totally not under your control.

Pimp daddy gave her a superman punch then a straight and a jab i believe. KO!!!!!!

Old 03-08-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Yeah, she should have stayed out of it but a large man punching a women twice (with brass knuckles?!) who wasn’t physically attacking him is more than a little out of order.

I don’t give women a free ride when physically assaulting someone and not expecting that other person regardless of their gender to restrain that woman physically to stop her assault if unable to easily retreat. That was not the case here. It was shocking to me and I hope that dude gets put in jail for a long time for that vicious assault.
This exactly....I too hope they catch this scumbag and charge him to the hilt. While she should have minded her own business or called 911, etc. she was not physically trying to intervene or push him away.

Regarding the bolded part...you are 100% correct. The "never hit a woman" rule I was taught as many other men were as youngsters was predicated on not physically striking out in anger, emotions, etc. because of a physical advantage in order to "win" over a female in an argument, non physical altercation or other volatile situation . BUT, that "rule" has become bastardized in modern times to apparently mean a man is supposed to sit there and allow himself to be beat on no matter the reason by an upset woman with no response or curtailing of the female's actions....which results in no consequences for the female in the equation who may become worse in her physically lashing out anytime things go wrong because it has never been put in check or corrected.

Hollywood/TV has contributed to the problem as in many movies or shows (esp. comedies where it's supposed to be "funny") there are scenes of a woman slapping a man across the face for saying something stupid or to "snap him out of it".....would the reverse ever happen?? NO..because of the double standard that is allowed to exist and either conscious or subconscious belief that it is ok and acceptable for a woman to do it and get away with it without consequence. This contributes to and worsens the whole "ok to hit a man who should be able to take it" thinking.

The "rule" that should be followed by EVERYONE is : "your freedom to be physical ends where my nose begins" and anyone violating that should be in fear of the consequence for doing so. Having said that, I agree that in such physical altercations (even though they should always be avoided but, let's face it, they happen) , a man should not just haul off or counter punch back at a female who has hit or punched him but should attempt to ward off , control the offending female or otherwise end it in the least violent way possible but not give up the right to protect himself.

Old 03-08-2019, 09:07 AM

997 posts, read 281,495 times
Sometimes when you mess with the Bull, you get the Horns. Still pretty thug-azz behavior. Need to stand tall before the Man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or