Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 12:18 PM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It sounds like you are the one here equating human needs with animals.

I know you are responding to this poster, but you do this on every single thread that is about wild animals, and you derail each of them by taking them off-topic. It's rude. Using the ignore button won't help because the entire thread becomes about the topic YOU want it to be about vs the one it started out to be.
I'm not the one who started talking about zoo animals preferring to be in zoos where they dont worry about starvation, predation or the elements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2019, 12:27 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You all must believe in a punitive God, too...all stupid mistakes in judgment
deserve a gash on the arm, eh?

I'm glad the panther is in a nice zoo and not being poached....funny how different minds can be.
Just an observation. Here we are on the same thread, probably in the USA ...and so different.
A long time ago before people walked the earth when I was a wee electrician I was working on a panel while it was hot. Stuck my hand where I shouldn’t and I got a nice jolt that made me black out. I mean I saw Elvis blue suede shoes. Welded my wedding ring to my finger. Still got the burn mark to prove it.
Guess what I learned? I learned to shut off the power before working on panels. Metal is conductive and don’t wear your wedding ring while working with electricity.
So yes if you do stupid things you deserve what happens to you.

Old 03-12-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
SMH. No one claimed that your neighbors have self domesticated jaguars, etc. The comment was specific to their evolution as domestic pets.

Pursuit of abundant food and "fear of starvation" are pretty much the same instinct. Of course they were attracted to the rodents agricultural activity attracted. But they didn't stop there.
And I am aware of domestication.
Zoos are not full of domesticated animals.

Old 03-12-2019, 12:41 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And I am aware of domestication.
Zoos are not full of domesticated animals.
Nobody said they were. What has been said is that animals naturally seek out living conditions conducive to their survival. Sorry that's so hard for you to grasp.

Old 03-12-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Nobody said they were. What has been said is that animals naturally seek out living conditions conducive to their survival. Sorry that's so hard for you to grasp.
And my contention was wild animals do not seek out captivity because they fear starvation, predation and the elements as was suggested. Wild animals do not seek out being held in captivity opposed to living in the wild. Being domesticated over generations and being held captive are not the same thing. Sorry that is so hard for you to grasp.

Old 03-12-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
And my contention was wild animals do not seek out captivity because they fear starvation, predation and the elements as was suggested. Wild animals do not seek out being held in captivity opposed to living in the wild. Being domesticated over generations and being held captive are not the same thing. Sorry that is so hard for you to grasp.
The point was that they sought out more comfortable conditions in the first place, but I guess that's beyond you.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
The point was that they sought out more comfortable conditions in the first place, but I guess that's beyond you.
Being opportunists is not the same as seeking captivity. But I guess that is beyond you.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Being opportunists is not the same as seeking captivity. But I guess that is beyond you.
I made no claim that they were "seeking captivity."

That's all. I remember you from another conversation where you couldn't stop making things up in order to continue shrilling your point. NWMT.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:14 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
I'm not the one who started talking about zoo animals preferring to be in zoos where they dont worry about starvation, predation or the elements.

Sorry, I recognize the talk about anthropomorphizing animals it seems from all of the ones I read, and thought it was you.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I made no claim that they were "seeking captivity."

That's all. I remember you from another conversation where you couldn't stop making things up in order to continue shrilling your point. NWMT.
The post I was responding to made such claim: I suspect most animals on the outside would prefer the security of a fence and permanent shelter and regular meals versus the ruthlessly indifferent machinations of nature.
That you continue to respond to my posts addressing that, in order to continue shrilling your point which is irrelevant to that conversation btw, is on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events