Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 03:18 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Yep, if only it could know the joys of starvation and lethal combat for territory or mates and lethal exposure to the elements and all that.

To the extent animals can make choices, I suspect most animals on the outside would prefer the security of a fence and permanent shelter and regular meals versus the ruthlessly indifferent machinations of nature.
How many wild cats do you see that are starving to death?! I have never seen any. Their instinct is to hunt kill and eat...not to sit there and wait to be served.

Humans are the real 'virus' in nature imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2019, 03:26 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,004 times
As if the barrier a woman crosses to be inside of a man is not tough enough!

Old 03-10-2019, 03:48 PM

9,977 posts, read 5,675,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How many wild cats do you see that are starving to death?! I have never seen any. Their instinct is to hunt kill and eat...not to sit there and wait to be served.
My guess is you haven't seen any because a) you don't see wild cats often if ever, and b) if DO you live somewhere where human-cat encounters are common, you haven't seen a starving one because it's already dead. But here's a clue for you: sometimes wild cats DO starve to death for a number of reasons such as injury or old age or competition from other predators or scarcity of prey in their territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Humans are the real 'virus' in nature imo.
Then feel free to remove your parasitic self from your suffering host.

Old 03-10-2019, 04:47 PM

8,753 posts, read 5,048,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Yep, if only it could know the joys of starvation and lethal combat for territory or mates and lethal exposure to the elements and all that.

To the extent animals can make choices, I suspect most animals on the outside would prefer the security of a fence and permanent shelter and regular meals versus the ruthlessly indifferent machinations of nature.
Why is it then, most people who live on the street, would rather be there, then housed in cramped homeless shelters? I am sure the animals would rather LIVE FREE.

Old 03-10-2019, 04:59 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
She crossed over the barrier to get a better picture. Duh!

I'm glad the zoo isn't talking about destroying the animal.

Yet this is exactly what would have happened had that cat not released her arm.

She's an idiot. And her face shouldn't have been blurred on the news report.

Old 03-10-2019, 05:00 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,707,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Why is it then, most people who live on the street, would rather be there, then housed in cramped homeless shelters? I am sure the animals would rather LIVE FREE.
Pretty much a false equivalency (why is the theme to 'Born Free' rattling through my head just now).

Wild animals actually do tend to stick around places where food and water is plentiful and easy to get. Replicate these zoo conditions in the middle of their natural habitat and they'd definitely gravitate there.

Old 03-10-2019, 05:13 PM

7,028 posts, read 4,891,679 times
This woman was 30 years old! What further amazes me is how a woman with so few brains managed to live to this age.

Personally, I was hoping the jaguar was chewing on one of her arms in the cage, but then I saw it was just a water bottle. Too bad.

Old 03-10-2019, 05:21 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,769,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Yet this is exactly what would have happened had that cat not released her arm.

She's an idiot. And her face shouldn't have been blurred on the news report.

Daily Mail to the rescue! You'll see more than just her whimpering little face: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...izona-zoo.html

And honestly, worse things than that have happened to me, during our early DIY upgrades to our first few apartment buildings. I may have cussed like a whole bar-full of sailors. And USUALLY (but not always) I'd stop to take care of the wound. But I sure as heck didn't lie on the floor, whimpering.

Old 03-10-2019, 05:26 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Daily Mail to the rescue! You'll see more than just her whimpering little face: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...izona-zoo.html

And honestly, worse things than that have happened to me, during our early DIY upgrades to our first few apartment buildings. I may have cussed like a whole bar-full of sailors. And USUALLY (but not always) I'd stop to take care of the wound. But I sure as heck didn't lie on the floor, whimpering.

Thanks for posting that! It galled me that she endangered herself, other visitors, and the cat, for a picture, then had her face blurred on the evening news.

I hear she returned the next day to apologize to zoo staff. LOL I hope she apologized to the great cat, too.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:15 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,903,071 times
God, I hate what humankind has become. I truly do! As each day goes by we see and hear more and more as to how the combination of stupidity and narcissism and addiction to technology oftentimes does not end well. I feel absolutely NO pity for these folks who simply can't get enough of themselves and feel the need to share their stupid selves with others who are equally stupid and thrive on banality. Facebook and other social media sites are the cesspools for this kind of thing.

And, when I see that an animal has been destroyed because of some dumb human activity (fortunately not in this case) I really see red! Something, surely, has to give at some point in time if humankind is to survive. Too many stupid people are breeding further generations of stupid people. And, the majority are under the control of the popular media and rarely, if ever, possess a thought or opinion of their own ...albeit, a different topic. A worldwide catastrophe of some description may be imminent as well as necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events