U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM

21,291 posts, read 27,300,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Daily Mail to the rescue! You'll see more than just her whimpering little face: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...izona-zoo.html

And honestly, worse things than that have happened to me, during our early DIY upgrades to our first few apartment buildings. I may have cussed like a whole bar-full of sailors. And USUALLY (but not always) I'd stop to take care of the wound. But I sure as heck didn't lie on the floor, whimpering.
For crying out loud.

Vapid is as vapid does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Status: "Neeson's daughter REALLY was Taken!" (set 8 days ago)

15,939 posts, read 15,959,946 times
Hopefully Hugekitteh is OK!!!!!!!!

As for the selfie-taker, hopefully she learned a lesson.

Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM

6,745 posts, read 8,978,380 times
Along with the story on the news, it was stated that 359 people worldwide died in 2018 from taking 'selfies'. People are doing some really stupid things with their phones.

Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM

21,386 posts, read 23,120,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Hopefully Hugekitteh is OK!!!!!!!!

As for the selfie-taker, hopefully she learned a lesson.
She did.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/woman-...cbd717fa3.html

Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM

2,316 posts, read 1,443,616 times
The quick mea culpa goes some way...

Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM

1,771 posts, read 668,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
How many wild cats do you see that are starving to death?! I have never seen any. Their instinct is to hunt kill and eat...not to sit there and wait to be served.

Humans are the real 'virus' in nature imo.
Yep. Cats hate to be served food.

Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM

1,771 posts, read 668,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Why is it then, most people who live on the street, would rather be there, then housed in cramped homeless shelters? I am sure the animals would rather LIVE FREE.
In part this is because many homeless people suffer from mental illness and because homeless shelters can be dangerous, or at least that us the perception of them.

Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM

2,756 posts, read 972,992 times
I do have to give the woman involved in the jaguar attack some slack since she has, apparently, apologized to the zoo officials and has pretty much owned her act of stupidity. While too many today have made stupidity a way of life, most of us are not immune from random acts of stupidity. But anyway, good for her.

Old Today, 12:15 AM

5,880 posts, read 3,307,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Along with the story on the news, it was stated that 359 people worldwide died in 2018 from taking 'selfies'. People are doing some really stupid things with their phones.
A couple bus loads of Chinese tourists arrived at Grand Canyon when I was there a couple winters ago in a snowy December. They had no concept of guard railings to keep people from falling over the edge. They would climb over or go around with selfie sticks right to the edge. I figured at least one would slide over the edge but none did while I was there. I guess guard rails and barriers are just for decoration.

Old Today, 01:49 AM

17,860 posts, read 22,914,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
But how do you forget that????
animals are our friends....
haven't you seen bambi ...and watch the DODO videos on facebook??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or