U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:41 AM

941 posts, read 1,379,203 times

Advertisements

I can't stand people like this. What a dufus. There was someone who helped pull her away after seeing the cat grab her. If I was a bystander I'm not sure if I would help her if I could. You can call me callous, but I'm allergic to stupidity, especially stupidity this extreme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:15 AM

17,355 posts, read 18,848,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
She crossed over the barrier to get a better picture. Duh!

I'm glad the zoo isn't talking about destroying the animal.
Destroy it? I say double itís meal for that evening. Jesus sometimes I think people at zoos are on the wrong side of a cage.

Old Yesterday, 05:15 AM

1,056 posts, read 493,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
I do have to give the woman involved in the jaguar attack some slack since she has, apparently, apologized to the zoo officials and has pretty much owned her act of stupidity. While too many today have made stupidity a way of life, most of us are not immune from random acts of stupidity. But anyway, good for her.
Hope this will be a lesson for others....but it won`t.

Old Yesterday, 05:29 AM

15,025 posts, read 12,088,413 times
Cant be bothered with rule breakers she knew what the barrier was for and lucky to have her arm left intact apart from a bad cut..si she suing now I wonder. for her own daftness.

Old Yesterday, 05:49 AM

3,422 posts, read 3,372,641 times
This reminds me of one incident at a Zoo in India. One guy actually put his hand inside the cage with a camera to take close-up photograph of a leopard. Leopard jumped and removed the hand from body of that man. That guy died after 15-20 minutes on the way to hospital.

Old Yesterday, 06:30 AM

13,854 posts, read 14,829,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Cant be bothered with rule breakers she knew what the barrier was for and lucky to have her arm left intact apart from a bad cut..si she suing now I wonder. for her own daftness.
She probably won't sue given that she's apologized to the zoo and admitted her lax in good judgement.

Old Yesterday, 06:35 AM

15,025 posts, read 12,088,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
She probably won't sue given that she's apologized to the zoo and admitted her lax in good judgement.
We ll wait and see.. I wouldnt be one bit surprised.

Old Yesterday, 07:08 AM

34,267 posts, read 18,605,442 times
Default Woman attacked by jaguar while taking selfie at Arizona zoo

Stupid has its own rewards.

Old Yesterday, 07:28 AM

1,056 posts, read 493,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
No, My guess is she will do the talk show circuit, and make as much money she can, off of it.

Old Yesterday, 07:30 AM

19,034 posts, read 15,769,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
In part this is because many homeless people suffer from mental illness and because homeless shelters can be dangerous, or at least that us the perception of them.
Itís not just that. Many homeless shelters are known to have crime including sexual assaults and theft. Many people feel safer out on the street then in those shelters. I wish people would walk a mile in their shoes before judging them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or