U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 07:27 AM

2,758 posts, read 973,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I hope instinct kicks in when we see something like that happen in front of us. I can't imagine thinking it through first. We'd just react instantly.

I don't exactly pity the woman, but I also don't think she "deserved" that attack. She made a stupid mistake in judgement. It's something we all do from time to time.

I'm glad she's fine.

I'm glad the cat is fine.

She apologized. Good enough for me.
Like so many other self-absorbed people on this planet her thoughts were to include herself in a photograph with a jaguar so that she, probably, could post it on social media as a "Hey everyone ...LOOK AT ME with a jaguar!" boast. This would likely be followed by 150 'likes' from equally stupid 'friends' who have nothing better to do than to fawn over the banal posts of others. If I've learned anything from social media it's that too many people, when let loose on social media, become morons.

Anyway, I, like another poster, feel tempted to withdraw my recent post cutting her some slack after I learned that she had offered an apology. I'm afraid that her more recent comments don't give too much an impression that she learned much of value from her stupid actions.
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 07:42 AM

9,076 posts, read 16,189,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Would you choose to live the rest of your life in a cage just so that you would be safe, and be fed regular meals? Or would you rather be free?
No, I wouldn't.

But animals don't think the same way humans do. They don't have any desire to go to the theater, change careers, visit the grandkids, or go on a winery tour. They want to eat, breed, and sleep, and in relative comfort, if at all possible.

Old Today, 07:46 AM

21,087 posts, read 21,244,277 times
"...we happened to be walking by and we said, 'Hey let's get some good pictures,'" Leanne said."

unclear from news reports on who held her beer

Old Today, 08:03 AM

13,883 posts, read 14,829,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
"...we happened to be walking by and we said, 'Hey let's get some good pictures,'" Leanne said."

unclear from news reports on who held her beer
"Hey y'all, watch this!"

Old Today, 08:06 AM

13,883 posts, read 14,829,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Now she's sniveling that the fence should be moved back.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/woman-a...phU_hPAICti0MU
She blew her credibility as far as an adult owning up to her mistake.

Like the zoo spokesman said, "When people do not respect the barriers, there's always a chance that there might be a problem".

Old Today, 08:45 AM

2,955 posts, read 1,165,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You really think captured wild animals enjoy being captive.
To the extent they're capable of enjoyment... yeah, I bet they enjoy it more than dying from starvation or predation or combat with other wild animals or exposure to the elements.

Quote:
Do you think people prefer to be incarcerated because they worry about starvation or being murdered. Perhaps you should get yourself arrested so you can enjoy free shelter, protection and a free meal plan.
Yeah, I already get all of those things by being a member of a civilized society. That's why I live in a civilized society instead of like a feral animal in the wild.

Old Today, 08:50 AM

305 posts, read 33,128 times
Anyone know how she crossed the barrier?

I know nuance isn't big on the internet or in people's brains, but there's a pretty big difference between jumping fully over the barrier, leaning over it, and sticking a hand over it.

I heard on the news last night that this is the second time this has happened at this zoo. If so, and depending on how the barrier was beached, perhaps it does need to be redone

Old Today, 09:07 AM

3,974 posts, read 1,399,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Cidiots and nature just do not mix. There are all kinds of stories like this. At least once a year some Cidiot gets hurt, maimed or killed in Yellowstone by trying to get a picture by getting out of their car.
Look at all of the ones who get stranded hiking up in the High Peaks in the Adirondacks because they are using their phones for directions.

Old Today, 09:16 AM

19,066 posts, read 15,777,118 times
Quote:
You really think captured wild animals enjoy being captive. They would run like heck the first chance they got. Even those born in captivity feel the call of the wild. A wild animal taking advantage of easy food supply dose not mean it would prefer captivity.
Do you think people prefer to be incarcerated because they worry about starvation or being murdered. Perhaps you should get yourself arrested so you can enjoy free shelter, protection and a free meal plan.
You guys hijack every single thread thatís about an animal and a zoo.Why donít you make your case on your own thread instead of trying to piggyback off threads that already exist? The topic of the thread is not whether animals should be in zoos.

Old Today, 09:25 AM

631 posts, read 388,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
And, when I see that an animal has been destroyed because of some dumb human activity (fortunately not in this case) I really see red! Something, surely, has to give at some point in time if humankind is to survive. Too many stupid people are breeding further generations of stupid people. And, the majority are under the control of the popular media and rarely, if ever, possess a thought or opinion of their own ...albeit, a different topic. A worldwide catastrophe of some description may be imminent as well as necessary.

This is what we are becoming....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwZ0ZUy7P3E
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or