U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-13-2019, 01:10 PM
 
Location: San Diego CA
4,358 posts, read 3,169,108 times
Reputation: 6997

Advertisements

Good decision by the President. Err on the side of caution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-13-2019, 01:17 PM
 
11,346 posts, read 20,894,588 times
Reputation: 10730
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Good decision by the President. Err on the side of caution.
Because he knows everything about, well, everything. Got it.

This was purely political but whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 01:18 PM
 
11,346 posts, read 20,894,588 times
Reputation: 10730
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
The vast majority of travelers and observers will applaud this decision. It's not all about you, Cappy; I'd say very, very few will care that you are grounded.
Pilots are paid either way, it's not a big deal.

Just stupid economically without a real reason.

The B787 was grounded for a time due to battery fires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 01:20 PM
 
3,517 posts, read 1,837,833 times
Reputation: 17063
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
Because he knows everything about, well, everything. Got it.

This was purely political but whatever.


With the left, Trump is damned no mater what he does.


I'm trusting that they know something we don't about those planes. It's not political. It's common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 01:24 PM
 
11,346 posts, read 20,894,588 times
Reputation: 10730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
With the left, Trump is damned no mater what he does.


I'm trusting that they know something we don't about those planes. It's not political. It's common sense.
It's unprecedented for a President to make this decision and announce it themselves. This isn't partisan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 02:05 PM
 
12,213 posts, read 10,106,847 times
Reputation: 16811
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
The vast majority of travelers and observers will applaud this decision. It's not all about you, Cappy; I'd say very, very few will care that you are grounded.
I was hoping the US would follow suit. It's never a bad thing to be cautious to try to avoid more tragedy/disaster, even if it costs some money or whatever other concerns people have. I'd rather people not die in crashes that could have possibly been prevented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 03:01 PM
 
19,222 posts, read 15,861,243 times
Reputation: 36194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
With the left, Trump is damned no mater what he does.


I'm trusting that they know something we don't about those planes. It's not political. It's common sense.
I’m the left and I think it was a good decision. WheelsUp on the other hand is rooting for corporate interests which is not what lefties do in general. You know there are people who dislike Trump who are not on the left, yes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 03:09 PM
 
11,346 posts, read 20,894,588 times
Reputation: 10730
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I’m the left and I think it was a good decision. WheelsUp on the other hand is rooting for corporate interests which is not what lefties do in general. You know there are people who dislike Trump who are not on the left, yes?
I'm rooting for logic, not corporate interests. When we let social media hysteria guide decisions, we've lost. The media didn't do the world any favors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 03:09 PM
 
8,589 posts, read 12,936,362 times
Reputation: 4512
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I was hoping the US would follow suit. It's never a bad thing to be cautious to try to avoid more tragedy/disaster, even if it costs some money or whatever other concerns people have. I'd rather people not die in crashes that could have possibly been prevented.
I did hear we decided to ground them here in the uS now can someone confirm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2019, 03:46 PM
 
19,222 posts, read 15,861,243 times
Reputation: 36194
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
I'm rooting for logic, not corporate interests. When we let social media hysteria guide decisions, we've lost. The media didn't do the world any favors.
I don’t think he media has ever not covered plane crashes, and in this case, with two in five months with the same type plane, they’d be negligent not to cover it. Should they not have reported the 20-some countries that banned it, so as not to scare people? Maybe people have a right to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top