U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 03:47 PM

19,533 posts, read 16,052,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I did hear we decided to ground them here in the uS now can someone confirm?
Confirmed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 03:55 PM

12,184 posts, read 5,804,711 times
The President did the right thing and I’m right.

Old 03-13-2019, 03:56 PM

11 posts, read 2,088 times
The public pressure on this is immense... nobody realizes that the statistical coincidence is just that... a coincidence. If there is a car crash two weeks ago and the paint is red, then another crash yesterday in ANOTHER car painted red does that mean all red cars should be pulled from the road? Absolutely not. I'm not saying it shouldn't be looked into, but the initial technical aspects of this do not seem to indicate the failures the public is pointing at. Let the regulators and investigators do their jobs!

Having said that, if a 3rd crash happened within 2 months I'd say WTF and ground them all

Old 03-13-2019, 04:45 PM

3,602 posts, read 1,869,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeast View Post
The public pressure on this is immense... nobody realizes that the statistical coincidence is just that... a coincidence. If there is a car crash two weeks ago and the paint is red, then another crash yesterday in ANOTHER car painted red does that mean all red cars should be pulled from the road? Absolutely not. I'm not saying it shouldn't be looked into, but the initial technical aspects of this do not seem to indicate the failures the public is pointing at. Let the regulators and investigators do their jobs!

Having said that, if a 3rd crash happened within 2 months I'd say WTF and ground them all
Bad comparison. We're not talking about car accidents. This is about airplane falling out of the sky for reasons unknown.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:01 PM

969 posts, read 470,465 times
Quote:

Look at the ratio of failures to flights. There’s obviously an issue.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:05 PM

8,261 posts, read 5,587,244 times
Quote:

You may or may not recall, but earlier in the 737's history there was another problem that caused two crashes, and a third near crash, and they had not been able to find the cause initially. It took the third incident and fatal crash to finally reveal the cause. Turns out it was a poorly designed rudder control unit that was causing rudder reversals and hardover freeze-ups. They could have grounded them after the 1st crash, and the second near crash event. If they had done that, the people on the 3rd & fatal crash wouldn't have died. I see nothing wrong with erring on the side of human life.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:07 PM

12,184 posts, read 5,804,711 times
Statistical coincidence my arse, two planes crashed within 6 months for similar reason. A third crash would be a trend.

Old 03-14-2019, 01:47 AM

9,090 posts, read 10,696,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
With the left, Trump is damned no mater what he does.

I'm trusting that they know something we don't about those planes. It's not political. It's common sense.
I'm left. Agreed with Trump and agreed with Cruz about grounding. Hell hath frozen over.

Old 03-14-2019, 03:49 AM

11,670 posts, read 3,915,642 times
Good call by Trump on this one. Something is wrong with this plane.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:32 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,249,417 times
Imagine if they didn't ground the fleet and there happened to be another incident? Its better to be proactive than reactive when peoples lives are at stake. When I was in the military, we would have grounded all of our jets as well if there were a similar occurrence until all jets were properly inspected/tested for air worthiness. Two identical planes crashing for almost the same exact reason seems a little coincidental to me and requires further investigation. The driving factor in not grounding them prior to Trumps call is money. Its the same reason the airlines get away with so much more than they should and the reason I am not a fan of flying to begin with. Being an aircraft mechanic has given me anxiety when it comes to flying and I take it very seriously when it comes to airworthiness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events