U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 07:34 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,049,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Does anyone else think this was done purposefully?
Yep. Because how does a mom, of all people, forget her own baby??!? One that she carried for nine months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 08:41 PM

3,557 posts, read 1,287,097 times
My wife and I came home from Walmart and our 5 yo wasn't there. We had forgotten that we had taken him with us, and had to drive back there an find him in the toy department.

Yes, I'm old, and I remember there were times in America when that could be, and was, done. Maybe Saudi Arabia is a country where it still is. If it is, it is odd you would judge them badly for it.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:00 PM

11,764 posts, read 5,600,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
What is it with everyone beating up on mothers? It's the toughest job in the world, in case you hadn't heard!

I'm always leaving my baby somewhere. Gas station, beauty parlor, tanning salon, the colonoscopy suite, in the middle of the intersection of Shea and Scottsdale Rd... You guys have NO IDEA how easy they are to forget.
It is tough job, that’s why you don’t leave them anywhere. I never did leave any kids anywhere. My husband one time forgot to put a diaper on my daughter before he put her to bed, he paid for it dearly in the morning. I was on business trip, had to stay at my sister’s house.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:12 PM

10,038 posts, read 20,838,086 times
I raised 2 kids, never forgot them anywhere. Now if I bring my grandson I don't forget him. He lives with us so I could have him often but my grand daughter doesn't live with us, I could have her too and have never forgotten her. Ever.

How does a parent forget a kid?

Old 03-14-2019, 02:44 AM

1,368 posts, read 580,578 times
I’m pretty sure that I never forgot my two, but I think that it can happen, if a parent is distracted, or her/his mind is elsewhere, although obviously it should NEVER happen, but surely no one does it on purpose.
One of our nieces had dropped in, with her 3 y.o., around 3 years ago.
“Well, I gotta go”, she said, “gotta pick Danny (her husband), up.”
She went out to her car, we were waving from the first floor window, (this is one up from the ground in U.K.), when we heard a bump from the second, (top), floor.
My wife called, “Rosie, are you up there?”
“Yes, I’ve been to the toilet”, (we don’t call it bathroom here), said the 3 y.o.
I opened the sliding window, and called to our niece, “Kelly, have you got everything?”
She patted her pockets, looked in her bag, and said, “Keys, phone, yes I have.”
I said, “What usually goes in that kiddy car seat?”
“OH MY GOD!” she said, “for Chrissake don’t tell Danny!”

Old 03-14-2019, 06:01 AM

9,974 posts, read 13,847,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
I’m pretty sure that I never forgot my two, but I think that it can happen, if a parent is distracted, or her/his mind is elsewhere, although obviously it should NEVER happen, but surely no one does it on purpose.
One of our nieces had dropped in, with her 3 y.o., around 3 years ago.
“Well, I gotta go”, she said, “gotta pick Danny (her husband), up.”
She went out to her car, we were waving from the first floor window, (this is one up from the ground in U.K.), when we heard a bump from the second, (top), floor.
My wife called, “Rosie, are you up there?”
“Yes, I’ve been to the toilet”, (we don’t call it bathroom here), said the 3 y.o.
I opened the sliding window, and called to our niece, “Kelly, have you got everything?”
She patted her pockets, looked in her bag, and said, “Keys, phone, yes I have.”
I said, “What usually goes in that kiddy car seat?”
“OH MY GOD!” she said, “for Chrissake don’t tell Danny!”
Exactly. It happens, and I can see a young tired stressed out mom doing it in an unfamiliar situation, like a strange airport. I can also see her completely losing it in midair when she realizes what she's done.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:43 AM

A little overkill. Jeddah ground staff could have phoned the woman's family to come down and pick up the baby. There was virtually no risk of harm.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:48 AM

7,464 posts, read 10,072,898 times
My first call as the pilot after the call to return to the airport would have been to have someone on the ground call Child Protective Services. You board a plane and then wait and wait and wait for the remainder of the people to board, then safety check and taxi and finally lift off. It has to be a minimum of 10 minutes that you are on the ground and the fact that your baby is missing does not occur to you? God help that child.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
God help that child.
God is not in the picture. Alllah has this one under control. People faithful to Allah have done everything right, so far.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:02 AM

7,464 posts, read 10,072,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
God is not in the picture. Alllah has this one under control. People faithful to Allah have done everything right, so far.
I say God, another says, Allah, another says Budda, etc. I could care less who or what you call that higher power but that child needs to be under the watchful eye of a higher power with a mother like her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or