U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 06:48 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,290,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
The only logical explanation is she had 46 kids and lost track of #47.

No, that's not the only logical one. It may be that she is from a large close-knit family,where people take turns caring for the children, and she lost track of who is watching the kids. Amid all the other chaos that goes with international travel, which is not exactly a daily routine habitually following the same dots.'

Remember also, she lives in a country where it is perfectly safe to leave a child unattended, knowing that society will watch over a child an see that no harm comes to him. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2019, 09:21 PM

5,644 posts, read 1,827,163 times
I had to think about this. Maybe the explosives were hidden in the baby.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:11 AM

7,763 posts, read 3,237,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
What is it with everyone beating up on mothers? It's the toughest job in the world, in case you hadn't heard!

I'm always leaving my baby somewhere. Gas station, beauty parlor, tanning salon, the colonoscopy suite, in the middle of the intersection of Shea and Scottsdale Rd... You guys have NO IDEA how easy they are to forget.
Maybe if women get off the phone they could focus on the important things like their child.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:17 AM

5 posts, read 1,087 times
This is strange. But hats off to the pilot for heading back.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:04 AM

1,369 posts, read 580,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergibbons View Post
This is strange. But hats off to the pilot for heading back.

Unless you were a passenger, with urgent personal
reasons to get to Kuala Lumpur real quick.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:33 AM

7,487 posts, read 15,733,446 times
She’s also in a culture and socio-economic level where it’s common to have daytime household help so probably a part of her newborn-stressed brain was also defaulting to assuming the baby was safe with the Kenyan or Indian nanny

Old 03-15-2019, 09:02 AM

17,256 posts, read 10,603,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
What is it with everyone beating up on mothers? It's the toughest job in the world, in case you hadn't heard!

I'm always leaving my baby somewhere. Gas station, beauty parlor, tanning salon, the colonoscopy suite, in the middle of the intersection of Shea and Scottsdale Rd... You guys have NO IDEA how easy they are to forget.

Me too. I am still trying to remember where I left my entire family about 20 years ago !

Old 03-15-2019, 10:33 AM

7,922 posts, read 13,191,196 times
Hard for me to understand.

I knew someone could steal them in a heartbeat when out in public so my eye was never off them.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:30 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,290,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
Unless you were a passenger, with urgent personal
reasons to get to Kuala Lumpur real quick.
I'm gonna bet the flight arrived on time. Pilots have leeway in the flight schedule, and can easily make up the time if there is a delay. I've been on flights that arrived 10-20 minutes early. That's a 9 hour flight, they don't schedule them for the absolute quickest they can get there.

Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM

1,369 posts, read 580,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
I'm gonna bet the flight arrived on time. Pilots have leeway in the flight schedule, and can easily make up the time if there is a delay. I've been on flights that arrived 10-20 minutes early. That's a 9 hour flight, they don't schedule them for the absolute quickest they can get there.

You seriously HAVE to be kidding, flight time from Jeddah to K.L. is 8hrs 45 mins.
Are you going to tell me that maybe 30 minutes after take off, the pilot requested permission to return to Jeddah, was given that permission, then turned around, landed, taxied to the gate, the woman got off and collected her child, and returned to her seat, then the plane waited for a new take off slot.
Then after all that screwing around, it gets to K.L. by its original scheduled arrival time, gimme a break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or