U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:38 PM

322 posts, read 92,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
What is it with everyone beating up on mothers? It's the toughest job in the world, in case you hadn't heard!

I'm always leaving my baby somewhere. Gas station, beauty parlor, tanning salon, the colonoscopy suite, in the middle of the intersection of Shea and Scottsdale Rd... You guys have NO IDEA how easy they are to forget.
ha ha! ...which is why I never had children. lol I've always been the absent minded professor type.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:47 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,290,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
You seriously HAVE to be kidding, flight time from Jeddah to K.L. is 8hrs 45 mins.
Are you going to tell me that maybe 30 minutes after take off, the pilot requested permission to return to Jeddah, was given that permission, then turned around, landed, taxied to the gate, the woman got off and collected her child, and returned to her seat, then the plane waited for a new take off slot.
Then after all that screwing around, it gets to K.L. by its original scheduled arrival time, gimme a break.
The flight arrived 20-25 minutes later than it did the day before and after. My post responded to someone who said maybe there was a passenger who could not tolerate such a delay. BTW, today that flight landed 30 minutes early.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SVA832/history

Last edited by cebuan; Today at 05:27 AM..

Old Today, 06:34 AM

1,369 posts, read 580,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
The flight arrived 20-25 minutes later than it did the day before and after. My post responded to someone who said maybe there was a passenger who could not tolerate such a delay. BTW, today that flight landed 30 minutes early.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SVA832/history

While appreciating your citation of flightaware.com history of Flight SVA832,
I’m inclined to invoke the Anglo/American adage, “Tell It To The Marines.”

Old Today, 08:15 AM

12,063 posts, read 17,589,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Why did the plane have to return? SURELY, they could communicate with the ground, and the baby was found and cared for.

Let her sort it out later with the authorities. Let all the passengers reach their destinations.

Is that what you would do if it was your baby?

Old Today, 09:16 AM

3,505 posts, read 1,448,228 times
My mom forgot me in restaurant when I was a baby. I was under the table in a basket.

Somewhat extenuating circumstance: mom and my aunt had 7 other kids with them, including another infant. On the other hand, I was never mom's favorite.

Did this airline passenger have other kids with her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or