U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 06:51 AM

6,538 posts, read 4,020,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
They can feel free to send me stuff lol
It’s usually cheap stuff no one wants, which is why they try to plump up the reviews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 07:15 AM

8,841 posts, read 4,451,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Amazon changed the review system because of the rampant fraud.
I just tried it a few minutes ago. I can leave a review for an item I've never purchased. Feel free to go ahead and try for yourself. Pick an item, any item. Scroll down to the reviews. There's a button that says "Write a Customer Review"

Old 03-13-2019, 07:35 AM

448 posts, read 106,970 times
I received boxes from the amazon delivery people that I never should have received. One box was close to its delivery destination, but the other was an address that was across the street from my address. My GF has had similar issues with them and so has her neighbor.
Their hires are not delivery people, but are lazy people wanting a fast dollar. I do not trust them so I do not order from the internet unless its USPS. The USPS knows how to use a map.

Old 03-13-2019, 07:58 AM

11,692 posts, read 9,727,413 times
Maybe someone with stolen credit cards using your address then they can steal the packages easily since they know when they'll be delivered?

Old 03-13-2019, 08:53 AM

5,541 posts, read 4,772,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Amazon changed the review system because of the rampant fraud.
True. A few years ago I responded to a Craigslist ad to review products and post the reviews on Amazon. They sent the product, I wrote the review and they paid me $20. They began asking me to review other products without sending them, and that was when we parted ways.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:50 AM

5,412 posts, read 1,917,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpacked View Post
I received boxes from the amazon delivery people that I never should have received. One box was close to its delivery destination, but the other was an address that was across the street from my address. My GF has had similar issues with them and so has her neighbor.
Their hires are not delivery people, but are lazy people wanting a fast dollar. I do not trust them so I do not order from the internet unless its USPS. The USPS knows how to use a map.

I work for a direct mail company. You'd be amazed at the misdirected mail we get.

And there have been PLENTY of times that we've gotten mail meant for the business down the street, and at home, we get other people's mail often. The USPS isn't the epitomy of accuracy. Not by a long shot.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:00 AM

8,587 posts, read 12,920,893 times
Why doesn't anyone send me things I didn't order?

Especially luxury items, please, I will take them lmao

Old 03-13-2019, 11:35 AM

1,998 posts, read 3,457,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I work for a direct mail company. You'd be amazed at the misdirected mail we get.

And there have been PLENTY of times that we've gotten mail meant for the business down the street, and at home, we get other people's mail often. The USPS isn't the epitomy of accuracy. Not by a long shot.
I get mail with my parents name on it, and my address...but I think that's more of the sender. I can recall quite a few times where I've received mail that was way off it's mark.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:43 PM

21,342 posts, read 27,327,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I just tried it a few minutes ago. I can leave a review for an item I've never purchased. Feel free to go ahead and try for yourself. Pick an item, any item. Scroll down to the reviews. There's a button that says "Write a Customer Review"
Verified reviews rank more highly in their algorithm than non-verified ones.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/for...acebook/358428

Quote:
“The key is to get something delivered somewhere,” Thomson said, noting that Amazon gives products with a greater number of verified reviews a higher ranking in search results, making them more noticeable to shoppers.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:52 PM

589 posts, read 483,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
So that's where all my orders have been going .....
Thanks for the gifts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or