U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 11:56 PM

13,216 posts, read 21,622,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubMike View Post
Amazon will not let me leave any reviews, apparently I offended some liberal store and that is that. I still buy some things from Amazon but I go other places first.
A liberal store? What were you buying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 06:15 AM

8,875 posts, read 4,471,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
A liberal store? What were you buying?
Well DUH ... where else would you buy liberals???

Old 03-15-2019, 01:00 PM

1,714 posts, read 685,012 times
I just got a box of jill stuart beauty products yesterday that i didn't order. Never heard of them. Had my address, but it used my maiden name that i havent used in 7 yrs. (Never used this address with maidrn name...moved here 2 yrs ago). Credit card used was not one of mine.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:25 PM

10,860 posts, read 7,207,440 times
I received a dash cam I didn't order. I don't think it's for a review because there is no link on my Amazon page for the item so to review it I would have to search online for the model number and review it. I think it's just and error where an extra shipping label is printed out because I had ordered something that week that I did get, and they sent it out by mistake. There is no way to really check, you can't find that item on your Amazon account because you didn't order it. I had looked at dash cams before and maybe it was on my wish list and someone bought it anonymously that's my only guess. Basically Google just slaps a label on the outside and ships stuff so there is no order info sheet with the item.

It could have been someone else's order (with my label) and they never got it and Amazon told them if must have been stolen off of their porch. I bet that happens a lot.

Old 03-17-2019, 11:42 AM

8,958 posts, read 6,982,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
I just got a box of jill stuart beauty products yesterday that i didn't order. Never heard of them. Had my address, but it used my maiden name that i havent used in 7 yrs. (Never used this address with maidrn name...moved here 2 yrs ago). Credit card used was not one of mine.

Is Amazon making you return it? Jill Stuart isn't cheap. Hope they sent your shades.

Old 03-17-2019, 12:40 PM

12,077 posts, read 7,157,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
I received a dash cam I didn't order. I don't think it's for a review because there is no link on my Amazon page for the item so to review it I would have to search online for the model number and review it.
No, you wouldn't have access to review it as a verified purchase since it wasn't purchased through your account. Whoever bought it and shipped it out is the one who will be leaving the fake "verified purchase" review.

It would be like if you purchased a product on Amazon for a friend. Even though it's being shipped to their name and address, all the information would still be on your account.

Sellers make up fake accounts and then send the items to random addresses so that they can review the item through their account as a verified purchase.

Old 03-17-2019, 04:55 PM

716 posts, read 485,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Maybe someone with stolen credit cards using your address then they can steal the packages easily since they know when they'll be delivered?
This is most likely the case.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:00 PM

2,099 posts, read 764,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubMike View Post
Amazon will not let me leave any reviews, apparently I offended some liberal store and that is that. I still buy some things from Amazon but I go other places first.
Is that what Sean Hannity told you?

Old 03-17-2019, 05:04 PM

20,648 posts, read 13,549,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, you wouldn't have access to review it as a verified purchase since it wasn't purchased through your account. Whoever bought it and shipped it out is the one who will be leaving the fake "verified purchase" review.

It would be like if you purchased a product on Amazon for a friend. Even though it's being shipped to their name and address, all the information would still be on your account.

Sellers make up fake accounts and then send the items to random addresses so that they can review the item through their account as a verified purchase.
Apparently this is what is happening.

But the scary thing is that the orders are shipped to actual names and addresses.

Does anyone know of someone who does not have an Amazon account, but who received a pkg?

Old 03-17-2019, 05:05 PM

8,958 posts, read 6,982,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post

Does anyone know of someone who does not have an Amazon account, but who received a pkg?

I don't know anyone who doesn't have an Amazon account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or