U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-16-2019, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
53,779 posts, read 52,747,014 times
Reputation: 63327

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Todt Hill is an upscale, quiet neighborhood. Nicest on SI. Some nice, large houses, lots of trees. Things like this just don't happen there. Imagine hearing 6+ shots in an area like that? Disrespectful for that reason, and because it was at his house with his family right inside.

I've seen people on the internet wondering if this is somehow connected to the recent $70M+ coke bust at the Port of Newark. Would be interesting if it somehow was.

The mob is definitely alive and well, anyone in the area knows it. There are still busts where like 50+ people are arrested in NY and NJ, there was one rather recently.
Didn't think of that. Huh.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2019, 06:29 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
53,779 posts, read 52,747,014 times
Reputation: 63327
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Well one guy is, the other guy not so much......


Fast fact about Todt hill section of Staten Island: Big Paul Castellano's house was literally 10 houses away from where Franky got hit. That has to be a "crime free" neighborhood until a dust up like this one.
Yes, a friend of mine lives in Brooklyn in what was long a mob neighborhood. She said years ago you could just park your car at 3 a.m. on the street and walk home without fear.

A lot of the local small-time mob crooks were locked up over the past 20 years, and now the neighborhood is not as safe as it was when people knew Mafia members lived there. There are muggings and break-ins.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:23 AM
 
19,536 posts, read 12,794,744 times
Reputation: 13266
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Todt Hill is an upscale, quiet neighborhood. Nicest on SI. Some nice, large houses, lots of trees. Things like this just don't happen there. Imagine hearing 6+ shots in an area like that? Disrespectful for that reason, and because it was at his house with his family right inside.

I've seen people on the internet wondering if this is somehow connected to the recent $70M+ coke bust at the Port of Newark. Would be interesting if it somehow was.

The mob is definitely alive and well, anyone in the area knows it. There are still busts where like 50+ people are arrested in NY and NJ, there was one rather recently.


According to local news reports not a bit of it; apparently suspect had a personal beef with the *Don* over not being allowed to date his niece.


https://nypost.com/cover/covers-for-...march-17-2019/


This is the latest: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/16/n...s-killing.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:46 AM
 
4,340 posts, read 4,982,362 times
Reputation: 3842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, a friend of mine lives in Brooklyn in what was long a mob neighborhood. She said years ago you could just park your car at 3 a.m. on the street and walk home without fear.

A lot of the local small-time mob crooks were locked up over the past 20 years, and now the neighborhood is not as safe as it was when people knew Mafia members lived there. There are muggings and break-ins.
true had family there and I can relate.

this has happened even in the area in which I now reside.

I knew some of those that have appeared in books and future movie . they did offer a measure of safety in the old days and were respectful as long as they got respect.

not so anymore due to small timers with too big egos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 07:29 AM
 
11,828 posts, read 17,991,444 times
Reputation: 17912
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
According to local news reports not a bit of it; apparently suspect had a personal beef with the *Don* over not being allowed to date his niece.


https://nypost.com/cover/covers-for-...march-17-2019/


This is the latest: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/16/n...s-killing.html
"Not related to organized crime at all"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:14 AM
 
4,303 posts, read 2,372,954 times
Reputation: 7563
Look up Chicago crime and you will see 8-10 murders on a random Saturday night. Maybe 20-30 people get shot over a holiday weekend when it gets warmer like (Mem day or 4th).

Not sure this is sign of anything more significant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
9,912 posts, read 16,326,111 times
Reputation: 6322
Many years ago (about 50) I audited two sportswear firms in NYC owned by Carlos Gambino and Tomas Lucchese that were managed by Tom Gambino. Tom had married Lucchese's daughter Frances. Pictures of her and their children were in the office.

I found Tom to be a straight-up guy with a sense of irony. When I asked why he paid the Shipping Supervisor so much he answered, "Because he is an honest man." In those days it was the practice of Shipping Supervisors to divert some of the inventory to augment their earnings. Every auditor knows that if you are 'managing' the books you need to make sure that you are the only one doing that. I was in my early 20s and from the west coast. Even I understood the message.

Frankly, I liked Tom. I don't blame him for the actions of the previous generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 04:26 PM
 
19,536 posts, read 12,794,744 times
Reputation: 13266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
"Not related to organized crime at all"

Looking more and more like yes, other than who was shot and who did the shooting being involved or whatever with "organized crime", the event otherwise is nothing to do with Mafia.


Until or unless something more comes out this beef had nothing to do with the *mob* per se; but fact Anthony Comello was told to steer clear of Francesco Cali's niece.


Suspect is an eejit and looks more and more so as days go by. His bizarre behavior previously caught the attention of federal government who had him checked out/watched.




https://nypost.com/2019/03/18/suspec...r-on-his-hand/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top