Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 09:34 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,186,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Exactly! -- and unfortunately; Just as with Jerry Sandusky, who ruined the reputation of a great university, he will fade into obscurity, and a lot sooner.
That university was complicit in 'ruining it's reputation'. Plenty of blame to go around there, and some left on the table.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2019, 10:53 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,427,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
How? Is it part of the interview process?

Extremely rare for a woman to be a pedophile.
That, unfortunately, is a misconception. It is not rare and happens more frequently then we would all like to believe.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:20 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,245,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
He should be hanged, remains cremated then thrown in the garbage. Instead, this twisted system will take care of him until he dies of old age. sigh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Before we try to figure something so complicated out, I think every person who sat on that board who voted for the doctor to continue his practice should be hit with assisted child molestation criminal charges. That would be a step in the right direction for society to deal with this bottom feeding scum.
Amen.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:24 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Well mine is either dead or in his nineties, he really got away with it. I can only imagine how many others there were. Back then there was no recourse at all. I'm glad at least some of them are getting caught now and there is some attention brought to it.
Back then, doctors were trusted authority figures, and children had no credibility. It was a world created by and for adults. Children were suspect as potential liars, spinners of stories, "getting carried away with their imaginations". A lot has changed since the days of putting complete trust in authority figures.

I'm not sure there was no recourse, but it simply never occurred to parents to file a complaint with the medical licensing board. It was unthinkable, especially to take a child's word over that of a respected doctor, a pillar of the community, and to allow a mere child to upend a medical professional's career. What would be next, allowing children to run the world? There was a very deeply-ingrained mindset at work.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 03-21-2019 at 07:36 AM..

Old 03-21-2019, 07:30 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Authorities had a chance to stop Barto in 2000, when he appeared before the Pennsylvania Board of Medicine on administrative charges that he molested two young girls in the 1990s. But regulators threw out the case and allowed him to keep practicing medicine, saying the allegations were "incongruous to his reputation."
Oh, come on! It was 2000, not 1950! Who argues a multiple abuse case, citing the perpetrator's reputation? Well, I guess the case didn't make it to court, so it was an internal Board decision...? Still, that's not much of a state medical board, if you ask me. Sounds like the classic Old-Boys' Network.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:16 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,937,310 times
I'm confused.

Aren't all MDs absolute gods who should never be questioned or doubted at any time about anything because they are such educated and trustworthy 'experts"?

Old 03-22-2019, 07:19 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I'm confused.

Aren't all MDs absolute gods who should never be questioned or doubted at any time about anything because they are such educated and trustworthy 'experts"?
Of course not.

And if one or two or 10 of them do something terrible, all 100000 should be painted with the same brush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events