U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 01:52 PM

11,071 posts, read 7,792,220 times

Advertisements

I sometimes watch "Fail" videos on youtube and I have seen this one on there. The videos usually feature drunk or stupid teen boys doing stupid stuff and they get hurt. What is rare is to see teen girls trying the same stunts which has led me to conclude that teen girls are smarter than teen boys but of course if alcohol is applied the theory falls apart.

I think videos like this prove that teens are not smart, they are easily swayed by peer pressure and they will do things without considering the consequences and to think that there are some calling to reduce the voting age to 16?

60 feet is a very high jump to make and I don't know why that girl would consider it. I think to get back at the friend that pushed her they should return to the bridge and let the injured girl push the former friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 02:27 PM

Location: Follow the oil exhaust cloud until you run out of gas, then turn left
1,070 posts, read 323,225 times
Meanwhile, in other late-breaking developments:

Abraham Lincoln was shot.

Seriously, OP, even the Craplumbian rarely talks about it any more.

That said, if I were the victim girl I'd be looking to hire an hitman to bump off the perp girl. They're a dime a dozen on the other side of the river (they're called the "Portland Police"), no reason why she couldn't. An eye for an eye.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:38 PM

8,186 posts, read 5,074,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Any particular reason this is posted to Current Events when the clips are from last August? Is there a new development in the case?
It's been in the news over the last few days, as well as social media. I heard people talking about it, the girl who pushed went back to court this week and it was covered by CNN and Fox on the web. She pleaded guilty to misdemeanor and reckless endangerment. She will be sentenced March 27th. The state prosecutor is recommending no jail time. I never heard about this before this week.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:40 PM

2,094 posts, read 763,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I think videos like this prove that teens are not smart, they are easily swayed
If you think a sample size of one demonstrates anything, then I'd say that you're rather easily swayed ... in this case, by one meaningless data point (by definition, a single data point is always meaningless on its own).

Quote:
and to think that there are some calling to reduce the voting age to 16?
So you think that voting should be limited to age groups that don't have any 'not smart' people, huh?

Old 03-19-2019, 02:48 PM

8,870 posts, read 4,465,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
It's been in the news over the last few days, as well as social media. I heard people talking about it, the girl who pushed went back to court this week and it was covered by CNN and Fox on the web. She pleaded guilty to misdemeanor and reckless endangerment. She will be sentenced March 27th. The state prosecutor is recommending no jail time. I never heard about this before this week.
Okay, that would have been helpful in the OP.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:50 PM

8,870 posts, read 4,465,941 times
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/19/us/wa...lea/index.html

Her name is Tay'lor? Her parents should be charged for misuse of an apostrophe.

Old 03-19-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/19/us/wa...lea/index.html

Her name is Tay'lor? Her parents should be charged for misuse of an apostrophe.

Just imagine had this girl died from that fall.

Last edited by ipaper; 03-19-2019 at 03:28 PM..

Old 03-19-2019, 03:25 PM

13,758 posts, read 15,630,018 times
Quote:
I sometimes watch "Fail" videos on youtube and I have seen this one on there. The videos usually feature drunk or stupid teen boys doing stupid stuff and they get hurt. What is rare is to see teen girls trying the same stunts which has led me to conclude that teen girls are smarter than teen boys but of course if alcohol is applied the theory falls apart.

I think videos like this prove that teens are not smart, they are easily swayed by peer pressure and they will do things without considering the consequences and to think that there are some calling to reduce the voting age to 16?

60 feet is a very high jump to make and I don't know why that girl would consider it. I think to get back at the friend that pushed her they should return to the bridge and let the injured girl push the former friend.
Adrenaline junkiness. I've done similar jumps, maybe not quite as high but certainly well over 30 feet. It's a definite rush and quite fun. There's always peer pressure. Shoving someone off a bridge isn't peer pressure though. It's shoving someone off a bridge. I never saw someone get shoved off a bridge/cliff when the chickened out. They might get teased for a few minutes. Assuredly not the first time someone's jumped off that bridge nor the last. Thing is when you jump you tend to enter clean. If you get shoved off and are flailing around you're pretty likely to do what she did and belly flop, which is where you get broken ribs and blow your lungs out.

Old 03-19-2019, 03:28 PM

8,742 posts, read 6,014,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Just imagine had this girl was died from that fall.
I done seen what you did there.

Old 03-19-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I done seen what you did there.
I changed it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or