U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 05:00 PM

11,078 posts, read 7,796,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
If you think a sample size of one demonstrates anything, then I'd say that you're rather easily swayed ... in this case, by one meaningless data point (by definition, a single data point is always meaningless on its own).

So you think that voting should be limited to age groups that don't have any 'not smart' people, huh?

If you go on youtube and type in "fail videos" you will be treated to thousands of funny videos featuring young people doing stupid and dangerous things. Tomorrow at lunch try it and it will get you laughing.

Most of the clowns are young men, a few young women but add in a drop of booze and watch out.

Multiple videos is hardly a sample size of one unless you think the videos are fake.

I think that the voting age should be raised to 21 as well as the ability to purchase a gun but for some reason the Democrats mostly want to lower the age of voting to 16?

What I don't understand is that when the Left is defending a young criminal they tell us that a persons brain is not fully developed until the age of 25-26 so they might not completely understand the ramifications of the crime they committed BUT they WILL understand enough to make a responsible and educated vote???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 05:07 PM

8,207 posts, read 5,079,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
If you go on youtube and type in "fail videos" you will be treated to thousands of funny videos featuring young people doing stupid and dangerous things. Tomorrow at lunch try it and it will get you laughing.

Most of the clowns are young men, a few young women but add in a drop of booze and watch out.

Multiple videos is hardly a sample size of one unless you think the videos are fake.

I think that the voting age should be raised to 21 as well as the ability to purchase a gun but for some reason the Democrats mostly want to lower the age of voting to 16?

What I don't understand is that when the Left is defending a young criminal they tell us that a persons brain is not fully developed until the age of 25-26 so they might not completely understand the ramifications of the crime they committed BUT they WILL understand enough to make a responsible and educated vote???
I'm a Dem and I don't want to lower it. Are you speaking for all other Dems?

Old 03-19-2019, 05:15 PM

21,176 posts, read 21,297,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I'm a Dem and I don't want to lower it. Are you speaking for all other Dems?

well, everybody but you...and me. but that's it!

Old 03-19-2019, 05:16 PM

8,207 posts, read 5,079,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
well, everybody but you...and me. but that's it!

Old 03-19-2019, 05:59 PM

8,875 posts, read 4,471,274 times
Quote:
I've watched plenty of fail videos, and very very very few made me laugh. Mostly it makes me shake my head and roll my eyes.

Quote:

According to Fox News perhaps? I'm a democrat and I've never heard this. I definitely wouldn't be in favor.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:09 PM

5,278 posts, read 2,118,189 times
10 lashes with a cane. Good hard ones so she doesn't sit for a week.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:11 PM

2,786 posts, read 4,039,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I don't like this interview. Some of those questions are pretty harsh and personal to be asking a 16 year old...
No kidding. What the heck are journalists doing asking these questions of a 16 year old?

Old 03-19-2019, 07:48 PM

42 posts, read 6,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I don't like this interview. Some of those questions are pretty harsh and personal to be asking a 16 year old...
I think I must have missed something. Which questions did you find too harsh and/or personal for a 16-year-old?

Old 03-19-2019, 09:49 PM

25,079 posts, read 32,132,640 times
Old news!!

Old Yesterday, 03:44 AM

13,562 posts, read 12,318,576 times
I'm sure her friend thought she was being supportive by giving her an extra push to do something that she assumed she WANTED to do, but was too afraid to. She wanted to show her that she really could do it and didn't want her to regret not taking the jump. Unfortunately, it just didn't turn out so well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or