U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-20-2019, 10:58 PM
 
6,861 posts, read 2,087,601 times
Reputation: 5179

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
And the girl that pushed her probably as the same mind set of a girl who gets behind a car and drives drunk. Doesn't think of the consequences because she lacks proper parenting.
That's a poor example. 99+% of the time driving drunk has no consequences, and when it does have consequences usually it's only the driver who suffers them. Negative consequences for someone else were much more likely in this case.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 03-20-2019 at 11:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-21-2019, 12:50 AM
 
Location: Oregon Coast
4,636 posts, read 1,812,525 times
Reputation: 6067
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That's a poor example. 99+% of the time driving drunk has no consequences, and when it does have consequences usually it's only the driver who suffers them. Negative consequences for someone else were much more likely in this case.
And the 1% of the time the consequences are innocent lose of life and the drunk going to prison for manslaughter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 04:08 AM
 
5,611 posts, read 2,545,785 times
Reputation: 14269
To this day I hate ferris wheels.
At the ripe age of 12...I was invited by the so called "in " click to go to the county fair. I was hesitant to get on the ferris wheel. The popular girl said...sit with me. Big mistake! The wheel stops us at the top. She verociously starts weaving it til it topples . I'm midway off the bench begging her to stop. The ride operator sees the commotion. He slowly lowers us to the platform. I was shaken up. The mean girls mocked me for being a scardy cat. To this day when I tell folks where I went to school they say ohh did you hang out with (insert mean girl name). I say ..yes ..I literally did. And no she is not on my nice list. I get the 'ohh you must be jealous of her to say that.' Yeah that's it...people are just by nature jealous of someone who creates harm...Smh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 07:46 AM
Status: "there is no Planet B" (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Bel Air, California
21,188 posts, read 21,309,939 times
Reputation: 33035
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Of course she intended harm. Maybe not as devastating harm as she actually inflicted, but no one pushes someone off a bridge as an act of kindness.
unless one is faced with an approaching train or zombie hoard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 07:56 AM
 
Location: A Yankee in northeast TN
9,997 posts, read 13,870,175 times
Reputation: 21653
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Of course she intended harm. Maybe not as devastating harm as she actually inflicted, but no one pushes someone off a bridge as an act of kindness.
Doubtful she completely comprehended how much harm could be done. That's the age when kids think they have nine lives and death is still something that only happens to other people. Whether or not there was any malice in that push is something only she knows. I'm inclined to think it was stupidity, not malice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 08:30 AM
 
Location: Seminole County, FL
8,750 posts, read 6,030,736 times
Reputation: 10859
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Doubtful she completely comprehended how much harm could be done. That's the age when kids think they have nine lives and death is still something that only happens to other people. Whether or not there was any malice in that push is something only she knows. I'm inclined to think it was stupidity, not malice.
Same. I highly doubt her friend intended to kill her (that fall easily could have done just that.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 12:04 PM
 
1,004 posts, read 354,226 times
Reputation: 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
and to think that there are some calling to reduce the voting age to 16?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
....

...So you think that voting should be limited to age groups that don't have any 'not smart' people, huh?
I think the voting age should be RAISED to 25!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 12:09 PM
Status: "there is no Planet B" (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: Bel Air, California
21,188 posts, read 21,309,939 times
Reputation: 33035
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
and to think that there are some calling to reduce the voting age to 16?




I think the voting age should be RAISED to 25!
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ix/3194791002/

Pedestrian in extremely critical condition after running into traffic in Phoenix.
A 25-year-old woman is in extremely critical condition after being struck by an SUV early Sunday morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 12:45 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
75,948 posts, read 67,833,894 times
Reputation: 73093
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
and to think that there are some calling to reduce the voting age to 16?
Only Bernie and his followers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2019, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Grosse Ile Michigan
25,887 posts, read 61,546,311 times
Reputation: 29152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ix/3194791002/

Pedestrian in extremely critical condition after running into traffic in Phoenix.
A 25-year-old woman is in extremely critical condition after being struck by an SUV early Sunday morning.
Ok then 30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top