U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2019, 08:55 AM

7,614 posts, read 2,221,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
I was simply addressing the US code section referenced by you and Gungnir. It clearly doesn't apply.

Quote:

The guy didn't receive unsolicited goods offered for sale. He was on the receiving end of a mistaken delivery.

Your Section 43 above also doesn't apply.
gosh people are stupid aren't they? I'm sure this guy would be ok if the TV he did order was mistakenly delivered to his neighbors house and the neighbor kept it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 08:57 AM

5,083 posts, read 2,041,552 times
Quote:
I was simply addressing the US code section referenced by you and Gungnir. It clearly doesn't apply.

Quote:

The guy didn't receive unsolicited goods offered for sale. He was on the receiving end of a mistaken delivery.

Your Section 43 above also doesn't apply.
He received unsolicited merchandise. Are you going to tell me that if he had called up Amazon and offered to pay for the TV, they wouldn't have made a deal with him? Of course they would have. Which means the TV is a legal gift.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:04 AM

21,032 posts, read 11,663,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
He received unsolicited merchandise. Are you going to tell me that if he had called up Amazon and offered to pay for the TV, they wouldn't have made a deal with him? Of course they would have. Which means the TV is a legal gift.
Wrong. Misdelivered merchandise wasn't sent to him, it was meant for someone else.

It's like you are checking out at the supermarket and you've finished your order, but the cashier starts to ring the next person's stuff and the bagger puts it in your bag. Does it now belong to you, just because it ended up in your bag, even though you didn't pay for it? When the bagger realizes they made a mistake and start to remove the items from your bag, do you get to say "no, it belongs to me now because you put it in my bag?"

Old 04-02-2019, 09:07 AM

7,614 posts, read 2,221,302 times
Quote:
but he didn't, that's why I like living in a gated community, keeps me separated from criminals like this guy and trash which finds no fault here.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:34 AM

1,857 posts, read 536,215 times
Quote:
For the umpteenth time, it does not apply only to the USPS. Almost every state has laws that say the exact same thing, and they say nothing about the USPS. Here is the relevant Massachusetts state law again.

Commonwealth of Massachusetts General Law - Part I, Title XV, Chapter 93, Section 43
You are wrong once again, as you are wrong about every legal facet of this case. As I pointed out many pages ago, Title 39, United States Code, Section 3009 is part of the Postal Reorganization Act of 1970 and only applies to USPS.

Here is some info on that act, which, for the thousandth time, has no bearing on shipping mistakes.
https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/i...itedfraud.aspx

Old 04-02-2019, 10:35 AM

6,077 posts, read 2,799,470 times
Quote:
This has already been addressed, multiple times. The shipping company made a mistaken delivery, and the shipping company attempted to rectify the situation.

Your continued insistence that this is a "free gift" is baffling.

Old 04-02-2019, 12:45 PM

978 posts, read 337,158 times
Quote:
This has already been addressed, multiple times. The shipping company made a mistaken delivery, and the shipping company attempted to rectify the situation.

Your continued insistence that this is a "free gift" is baffling.
Maybe he is the man in question and is looking for support for his actions. LOL.

Old 04-02-2019, 12:53 PM
Status: "could've~would've~should've used 'have', not 'of'" (set 2 hours ago)

10,399 posts, read 14,242,376 times
Quote:
At that point the TV no longer belonged to Amazon. Why would Amazon agree to a second payment for merchandise already shipped? You don't still think that they took a loss for the shipping company's mistake do you? The shipping company tried to work with guy, they are the ones that called the police to investigate because they want to recover the television, not Amazon. Why do you suppose they wanted it back so badly...

Old 04-02-2019, 01:54 PM

21,695 posts, read 27,753,709 times
Quote:
You're either trolling or just dumb.

I highly doubt any of Amazon's call center employees would have "made a deal with him" about that particular TV.

Old 04-02-2019, 03:10 PM

20,345 posts, read 16,502,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You're either trolling or just dumb.

I highly doubt any of Amazon's call center employees would have "made a deal with him" about that particular TV.
Someone else had already paid for it in any case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or