Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 03:28 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,780,861 times

Advertisements

Keep this simple. Receiver, keeper. Stick it to the man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 03:32 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I side with the guy. Amazon told him not to worry about it, it's on the shipper. I don't see why he had to get arrested.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/man-...230124458.html
It’s theft. He should of returned the item.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:32 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,622 posts, read 17,953,728 times
It's the same exact principle that happens if a bank accidentally deposits someone else's money into your account.

You're not entitled to it, and they will take it back out, and if it appears you spent it knowing it wasn't yours, you could be charged with a crime.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:33 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,622 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
It’s theft. He should of returned the item.
He doesn't even have to return it - he just has to get out of the way when they come to retrieve it.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:45 PM

50,753 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
What law are you quoting? Please post it. And there is nothing in the law I quoted that says it is only valid in the case of scams. You seem to think there is a law - that's OK, but unless you can provide a reference, I will continue to believe that the law I quotes - that covers this situation is in effect.

You folks want to talk about what is right or wrong... On that basis I can agree, but I am talking about a written on paper (ok, electrons) law that is on the books. Laws are not invalid just because you don't think they should be.
It is quite clearly about scams. When he bought the TV he essentially engaged in a contract with Amazon, that is not the same as coming home to find something from some company you never agreed to do business with. It is obvious to most of us that this is addressing the latter. Confirmed by the fact they arrested him and charged him.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:46 PM

50,753 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's the same exact principle that happens if a bank accidentally deposits someone else's money into your account.

You're not entitled to it, and they will take it back out, and if it appears you spent it knowing it wasn't yours, you could be charged with a crime.
Yes, exactly!

Old 03-22-2019, 04:04 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
No, that mistake would be in fulfilling the order, this is a delivery error which has nothing to do with the retailer. The retailer isn't on the hook for this, the delivery company is, which is why Amazon didn't care but the delivery company opened an investigation.
How is Amazon not affected by this? Someone else ordered a TV set that they didn't receive, so I am sure that they have contacted Amazon wanting to know where it is. If they couldn't have gotten the mis-delivered set back, Amazon would have had to send out another TV to the correct purchaser, without charging him for it; so in this case, Amazon would have been out a TV.

Old 03-22-2019, 04:26 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
How is Amazon not affected by this? Someone else ordered a TV set that they didn't receive, so I am sure that they have contacted Amazon wanting to know where it is. If they couldn't have gotten the mis-delivered set back, Amazon would have had to send out another TV to the correct purchaser, without charging him for it; so in this case, Amazon would have been out a TV.
The carrier mis delivered, not Amazon, they would be the ones on the hook for the cost of the replacement. If fed ex loses my package I contact fed ex, not the retailer who shipped it out.

Old 03-22-2019, 04:38 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,579,426 times
I’d feel a bit like a scumbag signing for an 86” tv knowing it wasn’t mine

Old 03-22-2019, 04:53 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,483,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I side with the guy. Amazon told him not to worry about it, it's on the shipper. I don't see why he had to get arrested.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/man-...230124458.html
Uh huh.

He called up Amazon and said "Hey, you guys sent me an 86-inch TV I didn't order," and they replied "Hey, man, it's cool, no biggie, just keep it, no charge!".

And you actually believe that? Seriously?

There aren't enough face-palms in the world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

That's a good example, but it will go right over the heads of those who think there's actually a law that says: FINDERS, KEEPERS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events