U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-28-2019, 06:10 PM
 
Location: SNA=>PDX 2013
2,532 posts, read 2,947,628 times
Reputation: 2914

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thats going a bit far imo, its certainly not appropriate behavior, but its not as bad as all that, its not like the teachers have an attraction to the underdeveloped / much younger children (THAT actually is a 'mental disorder').


Its pretty interesting that the classification of attractions, ends at age 15/16, there is no term for 'attraction to 16/17 yr olds' because that would be normal attraction at that point, in that physically, they are developed/mature. Attraction to younger, undeveloped children is where the disorders come into play, they have specific terms for attraction to each age range, Ive heard them before, but cannot think of them all off the top of my head, there is about 5-6 different classifications, relating to age ranges.

Here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronophilia

Quote:
Sexual preferences based on ageInfantophilia
  • Pedophilia
  • Hebephilia - 11-15yo
  • Ephebophilia - this is where most men fall, 15-19yo
  • Teleiophilia
  • Mesophilia
  • Gerontophilia
There's specifics in regards to how much older you have to be than the child, etc. But overall, here's all the names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-28-2019, 06:15 PM
 
Location: SNA=>PDX 2013
2,532 posts, read 2,947,628 times
Reputation: 2914
Still can't understand why a grown woman would want a 15yo or any teenager. Sex is so much better with experienced men who have self-control and overall know WTF they're doing (although, this isn't always an age thing). Maybe with the advent of internet, boys are better since they have way more free stuff to watch vs magazines and horrible old stuff. And porn in general seems to be a bit more realistic, well, maybe for my tastes. Hmm....LMAO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2019, 07:49 PM
 
Location: WA
2,628 posts, read 3,795,776 times
Reputation: 3191
Just a correction here. This woman wasn't a teacher. According to the article, she was a "paraprofessional" which is basically a low-paid teacher's aid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-28-2019, 10:31 PM
 
9,096 posts, read 2,274,033 times
Reputation: 6265
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
Here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronophilia


There's specifics in regards to how much older you have to be than the child, etc. But overall, here's all the names.
Thats interesting, the chart I saw, it only went up to age 16, Im not sure why they would even have 19yr old and older on the list...as 16 to 19 yr old, would be normal adult attraction, ( those ages have the physical bodies of an adult, so nothing abnormal or mental disorder about it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2019, 12:11 AM
 
8,462 posts, read 6,924,392 times
Reputation: 8825
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
Still can't understand why a grown woman would want a 15yo or any teenager. Sex is so much better with experienced men who have self-control and overall know WTF they're doing (although, this isn't always an age thing). Maybe with the advent of internet, boys are better since they have way more free stuff to watch vs magazines and horrible old stuff. And porn in general seems to be a bit more realistic, well, maybe for my tastes. Hmm....LMAO!
You’re assuming these cases of teacher stundent relations are about the sex itself.
In this case she says she “mistook” the student for someone she had been in contact with on a dating app.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2019, 08:08 AM
 
640 posts, read 453,614 times
Reputation: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
LOL Seriously?!


The handful of girls I knew in school, that were involved with teachers and/or other adult authority figures, were extremely proud of having this power over adult men!!


I would actually go as far to say the young girls that do this kind of thing, are MUCH MORE 'manipulative/ kaniving, compared to young guys! The girls were doing it to get something out of it for themselves, young boys are only doing it because they are 'horn dogs' at that age and would bed anything with a pulse!
I agree. I think this doesn't bother many girls at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2019, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Colorado
11,043 posts, read 6,893,390 times
Reputation: 19761
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
You’re assuming these cases of teacher stundent relations are about the sex itself.
In this case she says she “mistook” the student for someone she had been in contact with on a dating app.
I just want to know how this is even possible.

I don't use Snapchat, so someone who does could maybe fill me in here...

Is it not like most forms of social media and messaging where you have to actually add someone as a contact before you engage with them on there? Or can you just randomly start sending pictures to the stranger sitting next to you on the bus?

I don't see any reason at all for a teacher or a paraprofessional or the damn janitor or lunch lady for that matter, to be adding students on social media, ESPECIALLY a form of social media that is often used to send naughty photos and video (which let's face it, Snapchat is known for this, almost as much as its silly puppy ear filters.)

This excuse is flimsy at best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2019, 01:25 PM
 
Location: SNA=>PDX 2013
2,532 posts, read 2,947,628 times
Reputation: 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thats interesting, the chart I saw, it only went up to age 16, Im not sure why they would even have 19yr old and older on the list...as 16 to 19 yr old, would be normal adult attraction, ( those ages have the physical bodies of an adult, so nothing abnormal or mental disorder about it).
I dunno. Boys don't physically mature until their mid-20's for the most part, so that is one reason why 16-19 could be listed. Could also be because of their lack of a fully developed brain? Who knows. I mean, years ago, being attracted to a 13yo was normal, now we see that as a mental disorder?

Also, most women don't find 16-19 yo boys attractive, whereas most men find 16-19yo girls attractive and try to date them until they die. So maybe the terms are more for the women, although can be applicable to men.

Disclaimer cuz y'know, pc, I'm talking about straight men/women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2019, 01:33 PM
 
Location: SNA=>PDX 2013
2,532 posts, read 2,947,628 times
Reputation: 2914
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
You’re assuming these cases of teacher stundent relations are about the sex itself.
In this case she says she “mistook” the student for someone she had been in contact with on a dating app.

True. I'd assume in the case for the boys it is. For the girls, not sure.

As for what she said, I don't believe her. But then again, if you're that stupid to get involved with a student, then you'd probably be that stupid and send a sex video to the wrong person or a person you just met.

Guess this generation is going to need to learn the hard way that video taping yourself and sending it to people you don't really know isn't the smartest thing to do. Wonder how many of these videos end up for the public to view?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2019, 12:32 AM
 
9,096 posts, read 2,274,033 times
Reputation: 6265
Quote:
Originally Posted by psichick View Post
I dunno. Boys don't physically mature until their mid-20's for the most part, so that is one reason why 16-19 could be listed. Could also be because of their lack of a fully developed brain? Who knows. I mean, years ago, being attracted to a 13yo was normal, now we see that as a mental disorder?

Also, most women don't find 16-19 yo boys attractive, whereas most men find 16-19yo girls attractive and try to date them until they die. So maybe the terms are more for the women, although can be applicable to men.

Disclaimer cuz y'know, pc, I'm talking about straight men/women.
IDK about that, Im a guy and I was fully grown and physically matured at 16/17, Im older now of course, but physically I have the same body, so if an older adult woman had been attracted to me at 16/17...that would have been a normal attraction imo, (because physically, I was mature).


Its the same way with an older guy being attracted to a 16/17 yr old female...at that age, physically she isnt going to change that much more in a year or two, so being attracted to her at this age, would be normal attraction imo, besides that, its not like its an attraction to the under developed, (a 16-17 yr old is already developed).


Attractions are abnormal when they prefer the undeveloped or under developed...being attracted to a DEVELOPED/Mature body, is normal attraction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top