U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 04:19 PM

639 posts, read 450,646 times

Advertisements

I just read this story and it appears just as the title reads. I would think there has to be more to the story. Sounds insane. Can this be true?

https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/03/...lleged-rapist/

Old 03-24-2019, 06:06 PM

10,954 posts, read 9,919,192 times
What kind of idiot DA do they have in Eastlake? Hope that petition does some good and the charges are dropped. That young man shouldn't be facing criminal charges. He should be getting the keys to the city. smh

Old 03-24-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
What kind of idiot DA do they have in Eastlake? Hope that petition does some good and the charges are dropped. That young man shouldn't be facing criminal charges. He should be getting the keys to the city. smh
I was thinking more along those lines also. That's why I think maybe something missing in this story . LI wouldn't know what for the life of me.

Old 03-24-2019, 07:23 PM

8,381 posts, read 3,148,423 times
Was the person he caught molesting the child arrested? The article doesn't say.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
"As for the teen, authorities say he has been charged with rape." I found this at the bottom of the article. So, it appears he has. I'm just wondering about just how this seeming be hero gets arrested. A seventeen year old raping a 5 year old is just unimaginable, but I read some stuff like this, it seems nearly everyday!

Old 03-24-2019, 08:45 PM

8,967 posts, read 6,633,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post

Says charged with rape.

The line here, at least for me.. How much damage did he inflict? If he pulled the other guy off, and roughed him up some.. I don't see a problem.

If the other guy was basically beaten to within an inch of his life.. While this situation did turn out to be what it looked like (Based on charges filed) witnessing a crime doesn't give you a green light to inflict torture-style damage with no limits. Utilizing enough force to stop the crime, and even perhaps going slightly beyond, unintentionally, of course.. But.. What's the condition of the other guy?If he broke both his legs, both his arms, fractured his skull.. Then maybe there's justification for these charges. That's the only thing I can think of that would make sense.

Reading some more about it.. Looks like he did go far beyond what was required to stop the crime.

The dangers of vigilantism.. What if he had been wrong? Best to let the courts handle things. There's a video around that he apparently took and posted to facebook afterwards.. While it's blurred.. Certainly looks like it may have been excessive.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Says charged with rape.

The line here, at least for me.. How much damage did he inflict? If he pulled the other guy off, and roughed him up some.. I don't see a problem.

If the other guy was basically beaten to within an inch of his life.. While this situation did turn out to be what it looked like (Based on charges filed) witnessing a crime doesn't give you a green light to inflict torture-style damage with no limits. Utilizing enough force to stop the crime, and even perhaps going slightly beyond, unintentionally, of course.. But.. What's the condition of the other guy?If he broke both his legs, both his arms, fractured his skull.. Then maybe there's justification for these charges. That's the only thing I can think of that would make sense.

Reading some more about it.. Looks like he did go far beyond what was required to stop the crime.

The dangers of vigilantism.. What if he had been wrong? Best to let the courts handle things. There's a video around that he apparently took and posted to facebook afterwards.. While it's blurred.. Certainly looks like it may have been excessive.
Thanks for that. Could be, something just didn't fit here. There has to be more and sounds like you're on the right track here.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:16 PM

8,967 posts, read 6,633,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrider62 View Post
Thanks for that. Could be, something just didn't fit here. There has to be more and sounds like you're on the right track here.

And, I totally understand the initial reaction that most people have to it.. I'd say 90% of people, myself included, the gut reaction is "He got what he had coming to him", obviously referring to the rapist (And from what I found it was oral sex.. Not that it really matters, just being factual since hearing "rape" your mind jumps to the worst possible thing)... But.. Taking a second to think on it.. I think most people, even grudgingly, would agree that Wild West justice isn't really justice at all.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:34 PM

I talked to a police officer one time and asked him, if I fought against someone who broke into my home, would I be arrested? He said, yes, I would because it was an assault. I would still be arrested and would have to fight the charges.

Old 03-24-2019, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

How was he able to take the time to stop and make a video if he was trying to fight with the rapist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or